Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Recent tweaks comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Retired Staff
Wes, I kinda liked having the Unanswered posts, Your posts, Posts since last visit links being on the upper right where you placed the forum index button.

I really don't see why you wanted to put a button there when the navigation text line (the place saying where you are currently viewing) includes a constant link back to the index, as well as the header picture itself being clickable to return to the index as well - I believe this one is sort of redundant and I liked how it was before better.

I think the 'unanswered posts' button might not be much use - given that we do have a lot of unanswered posts which aren't going to get answered - since they don't need to.

However - I'm liking the banner.

Kotori said:
Arrgh! Where's my direct access to the Starship and Mecha section?

T_T
I'm actually sort of phasing that section out (since the wiki versions of the ships are largely supposed to replace the older HTML ones).

Having quick links to get directly to the more technical areas of the site, like the species, the occupations, the vehicles and the map was really useful Wes.

I understand you're all eager to put the wiki in the spotlight, but from my point of you you're only making it harder to dig up often crucial information to have as references as a GM or for people in a JP (where you need to get quick access).

The 'plots' link can go away. All we have to do is access the forum index and scroll down, after all.

The 'Setting' link was available from the sidebar. There's no nee dto put it up the forum or else you make the sidebar function less useful.

Same goes for 'Guides'

...I see you've put back 'Starships'. Thanks.

You need to add a section to the sidebar named 'Getting Started' which leads to the new player's guide. Seriously.

I'm sorry if I don't seem all full of compliments and stuff. I know you've put a lot of effort in setting up the wiki and I'm certain that many actually are looking forward to it. However, from where I sit, the changes going about were, more or less, hindrances. The site is currently not very user friendly, most especially for the newcomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back