• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Suggestion Recruiting Recognition for non SAoY Players

Yuuki

Wiki-chan! Ganbatte yo!
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
We've had the Recruiting Award since a year before even I was part of SARP, and it is a cute bit of excusable IC-OOC metamixing, one of the few acceptable ones, but there's nothing similar for players who don't have a SAoY character. The assumption back when that was made was "Pretty much everyone has a primary main character and that primary main character is in the SAoY," and that doesn't hold as true now as it did then, and hasn't for quite some time. We need something similar for everyone. If you're going to OOC-IC Metamix, you have to make sure it continues to do so in an excusable and acceptable way.

So, if implemented, we require equivalent awards for all played factions (and perhaps corporations, organizations, and groups)?

That sounds okay to me, I wish the other FMs would comment in here.

If nothing else, the Service Ribbon and Exploration Ribbon are cross faction and used in Nepleslia as well as Yamatai. There's no reason why Nepleslia couldn't use the SAOY type Recruiting Ribbon as well. @SirSkully

To say my piece recruiting award has always felt kind of strange to me personally since characters sometimes receive it even if they are not engaged in the act of recruiting new personnel. I know it's treated as a good-conduct award according to the page, but the name when it shows up on wiki pages makes it seem like SAoY members go canvassing for recruits.

On an FM level, I find it doubtful that the NDC would actively award military recruitment like a F2P game rewards referrals, and in fact I suspect that culturally recruiters are probably not viewed particularly highly. Not for some of the reasons that they have a bad reputation in the real-life united states, but because their job consists of finding other people to contribute towards military effort, rather than doing it themselves. Such a position would probably be viewed as an undesirable job within the NDC, and recruiters might not even want people to know that's what they do.

However, if we're doing the whole OOC-IC mixing thing with this award, the NDC does have a soldier exchange program with Yamatai, so it might be possible to try and award it that way somehow?

or we just make something more generic? IDK. I know firsthand we have players who have no SAoY character who have recruited players, though.

It might be easier to apply a more generic OOC award rather than trying to mix in an IC aspect of it, IMO. In that case we wouldn't really need to fiddle around with different factions.

It looks like none of the other FMs are interested. Currently the Star Army doesn't have an OOC award system for players (other than the SARPY awards), but if you want to start one, go for it.

If the Reds ever gain the status of playable, I'll definitely add it to the list of chest candy.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back