• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Closed Remove 'Downvoting' or restrict up/down voting to the suggestions forum.

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.

Charmaylarg Dufrain

🎖️ Game Master
In my opinion, the up-and-downvoting system has not been utilized lately by the community at large the way it was intended and has mostly been used to mass-vote by one group or anotheron people's individual posts irrelevant to topics and has created a toxic atmosphere and situations we could do without here.

I would like to either restrict the ability to vote up or down to the Suggestions forum, or if at all possible Remove the downvoting feature altogether as having the ability to downvote doesnt show that a post or submission is disliked by the community but more by individuals which are easily identified and can create unneeded tension or accusations which this community does not need, and hides the support of the community for ideas or submissions when someone is downvoted which has no purpose beyond having the possibility to dash someones ideas when it hits the negetive or create drama. Leaving only upvotes if possible would show how much support that submission or suggestion has without it being manipulated.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Lmao Rizzo we love hearing from you! I feel the same way, though, and there's been a lot less negative forum discussion since the downvote/upvote system was added.

I kind of knee jerk react when I see something that I don't think would be a good site improvement and I think being able to say a quick "No, I don't like this" isn't inherently bad.

I want to say that there is a stark difference between downvoting suggestions and downvoting sarp nominations, which has caused a bad time [for me]. I am happy that we're still not going to be able to downvote people, GMs, and characters. Downvoting a suggestion to change the site? Completely different story.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back