• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Life Events Retirement

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
🌟 Site Supporter
Discord Booster
Retired Staff
Where do I start?

I have made a decision to retire from the online roleplaying and cooperative writing world completely. It is one of many things that are changing right now with me as I begin to take the reigns of my life to rebuild after my extended illness and fight with AML Leukemia. I am not leaving because I am bitter or unhappy with Star Army, I am leaving because I feel this chapter of things is over in my life and that it is time for change. I'm finally at a stage where I can be looking to what is next in life, and pursue my dreams and goals. I won't be continuing roleplaying anywhere, I've promised Ame and a few others some one-on-one as I have time and to kind of bring things to a goodbye. I will still be a member of the community, and around on discord when I am around.

As many of you know I have a passion for helping those who have been ill, and those who are facing the end of life in situations that were much like mine and I've decided to take that to be more than just an interest and my education and career goals are now reflecting that. Its a big thing at 42 to start fresh, but that is what living has afforded me, the chance to do things that are right for me and my life. Star Army will always be an important place, a place where I met friends, the place where I learned how to create worlds. I will continue to cherish those friendships as I take this new path, at the same time I feel strongly there are things I just can't be involved in anymore which is why I requested the removal of 18+ access from my account. My door is always open for those who want to catch up or have a conversation - when I am home I will be on discord some but I have removed the app from my phone.

Thank you all for the years of story and creativity. I hope that Star Army can continue and that its community finds ways to cooperate together to make it a better place.

Thank you for reading.

I'll miss you extremely much, especially writing with you. I wish i could say something to convince you but in my 37 years of life I've learned that its not possible, or maybe right to force someone to stay. Instead, i will wish you luck, and stay safe, dont be a stranger.

There are many stars to be seen when one looks up from somewhere in the Kikyo Sector out into the Kagami Galaxy. Over the years we have seen some dim and flicker while some extinguish only after a supernova explosion. But, always, their lack within the setting is felt in some way small or large, positive or negative. There is no doubt how you'll be missed, but I am thankful there is no lack of places, people, and things that you've left behind to remind us of the time in which you lit up the Kikyo Sector's night sky.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…