• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Returning to get started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divided Crown

Inactive Member
Hey everyone!

My first attempt at getting started on here was a complete disaster, to be honest. I created a character I liked, joined up with a plot that appeared interesting and then... disappeared. I know that tends to happen, especially in PbP, but I've always tried to steer clear from games that I knew I wouldn't be interested in for the long haul. I won't get into the details of why I dropped out that early, but I truly regret doing that.

Well, long story short, I am back and interested again in playing my part in it. Is it possible to use my old character (Rachel) again to get back into it? And if so - where should I start to get into the swing of it?

I'd greatly appreciate any pointers!

Cheers,
DC

Hey, it happens sometimes! Thanks for not giving up on us! Though I hope you stick around this time. It's super frustrating to have players disappear in mid-RP.

I see Rachel was an Acadia character. Presumably she been going along in the "background" of the story doing whatever she's supposed to. Talk to the GM, Sigma, and he can probably find a way to get her back in action.

Was the character ever used in RP? If so, I would just ask you to update the bio with whatever exploits she had in Acadia.

I'll help you get started but I won't push my plot, 4th Fleet, and Acadia's direct successor onto you. There's other Nepleslian plots and a new civilian one (I don't mean Bastardpiece) to be launched soon.

First of all, thanks for the understanding and quick response. That certainly gets me motivated to jump back into the story.

I think she appeared, albeit extremely briefly, but didn't really participate in the meat of the action. The most logical explanation would probably be that she has been around, but not really done anything of note, just engaged in whatever secondary assignments NPCs and extras usually spend their time doing.

As for the plot, a military one is definitely the way to go with Rachel, but I of course don't really know what is coming up and haven't had the chance to really research where each of the active plots stands. I'd be happy joining any active group really, though it might make sense to wait if there are more military plots upcoming in the near future for Nepleslians.

It also depends on whether any active plots could currently use a new character - if introducing someone new would just delay things unnecessarily, I'd probably rather remain on the list for the next plot to open up :)

Hello and welcome back! Bastardpiece theater is about to start soon and you could plausibly have your character moved there (recruited by the IPG and all). If you don't get to use Rachel though, I'd highly reccomend creating somebody new to jump into the action somewhere while waiting for a spot to open for your old character to join.

Eitherway, nice to see you, feel free to jump onto IRC sometime and (re)introduce yourself!

I think she appeared, albeit extremely briefly, but didn't really participate in the meat of the action. The most logical explanation would probably be that she has been around, but not really done anything of note, just engaged in whatever secondary assignments NPCs and extras usually spend their time doing.
Make sure to add that into you character profile as you update it. some sort of acknowledgment that she has served in the past but then maybe got shunted to the side without an opportunity to advance.

As for the plot, a military one is definitely the way to go with Rachel, but I of course don't really know what is coming up and haven't had the chance to really research where each of the active plots stands. I'd be happy joining any active group really, though it might make sense to wait if there are more military plots upcoming in the near future for Nepleslians
There are no military plots planned. 4th Fleet and NSS Altomir represent the two NSMC plots while NSS Venus is the sole Navy plot. We do not plan to introduce more to allow our focus to move towards the civilian side of RP.

Both NSS Altomir and 4th Fleet are open and accepting new players. 4th Fleet's current mission is coming to a close within the next 2-3 weeks. NSS Altomir is currently in a regrouping period and can easily pick a new player as well. Since your character is a Marine, I cannot suggest Venus because that is a Navy only plot. However, if you want more info on the plots, PM Kokuten or me.

I wouldn't worry about joining up and then leaving. It happens. That's how I first started with Star Army; joined up in a plot, made a grand total of two posts, ran away. Then, like you, I came back after a bit and now, hey, I'm the Faction Manager of Nepleslia.

If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to ask me or some of my boys for help. Kokuten, Sigma and CadetNewb are my current GMs and will be happy to answer any woes or worries that may ail you.

Hey! I'm also relatively knew, maybe a month old? But I'm familiar with the site and its wiki, and if you need help with anything, shoot me a PM or catch me on the IRC, and I'll do what I can to help you out.

Welcome (back) to SARP! We're really glad to have you (back).

:D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back