• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Revisions to Iromakuanhe Biology

Exhack

Inactive Member
Probably sounds weird that I'm doing this, but I felt that it was necessary, as it was increasingly difficult for myself and others to draw some of these things well, and I figured that simplifying the biology in certain aspects would make the race much more player friendly.

1. Removing the Balancing Limbs

OOC: Admittedly, they seemed cool and logical for a race that lives on a planet that is much more arid than the Earth is, but they feel like a pain to work out in art.

2. Second Eyelids

OOC: This was to make a more reasonable adaptation to the harsh sun of their homesystem, rather than full blown alterations in gross anatomy. It might also come off as very similar.

IC: "The Iromakuanhe have a second eyelid designed for protection from the elements, including dust particles, water and the harsh sun of their homesystem. These secondary lids are concealed inside the primary eyelids and are are naturally transparent, with the ability to polarize to various light levels. This is done via an involuntary color changing property in the cells of this eyelid, which may affect natural color perception somewhat by gradually shifting tones to brown or greyscale with increasing levels of polarization. Different effects in color perception might be felt if the eye adjusts for visible light in different colors of the spectrum. In the mid-day sun of the desert, plains or tundra, the full eye may appear almost completely black, while it can become fully transparent in normal conditions."

So, these second eyelids... are they like crocodiles' eyes where a sort of 'film' covers the eyes to keep water out? However, instead in the Iroma's case, it would keep the sand out. What exactly is difficult about the Balancing Limbs art-wise?

It comes down to the original description of them being tucked into the arms, shoulders and thighs. It would be practically impossible for me to draw them deployed, unless I cheated on the angles each time.

And I guess I'm trying to make things simpler.

Sounds cool to me. Approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back