• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission (Rikugun) 1st Expeditionary Area Army and related articles

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
🎨 Media Gallery
Sub-article 1: Rikugun Legion Command Group on Star Army Space Roleplay
Sub-article 2: Rikugun Brigade Task Group on Star Army Space Roleplay
Sub-article 3: Rikugun Regiment Task Group on Star Army Space Roleplay
Sub-article 4: 46th Legion Command Group on Star Army Space Roleplay
Sub-article 5: Star Army Rikugun Infantry, Type 45 on Star Army Space Roleplay
Sub-article 6: Star Army Rikugun Vehicle Crew, Type 45 on Star Army Space Roleplay

All this talk to conflict finally got me looking into Locke's old work regarding this Area Army I when I reorganized the Rikugun. I rather like his idea of a SARP USMC Marine Expeditionary Force that I edited a few things such as introducing some Kagai Assault Ships. The Sigrun Assault Carrier is a huge defining part of how this unit work, but we can work it as "planned" right now with a crap load of Kagai replacing it if it never gets approved (I am going to start working on it).

There is also work that needs to be done for the Fifth Fleet, but that will come separately. I think this is enough sub-articles to go through. Locke did a looooooot for the Rikugun, the LCG article is rather detailed for example.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The Sigrun Assault Carrier is a huge defining part of how this unit work, but we can work it as "planned" right now with a crap load of Kagai replacing it if I never gets approved (I am going to start working on it).
In the absence of the Sigrun's completion or giving every century in a legion a Kagai (which comes out to a ludicrous production of 200-400 Kagai depending on a legion's size), I previously did extensive calculations for Legion 777 to solve the Kagai overproduction issue. Basically, their organizational table gives 10 centuries (two battalions) a Kagai each with the rest of the 777 being transported in 6 Courier 2B's (plus two cheeky Plumeria 2E/Rs with a century each).

This idea was based on giving the legion two MEU (smallest MAGTF type) Battalion Landing Teams because making an entire legion combat deployable at once seemed unrealistic and cumbersome. Much like how the Rikugun adopted Legion 777's infantry loadouts and essentially still uses them, you can feel free to use its proven "Transport and Landing Section" as template if squirting out 200-400 Kagai per expeditionary legion doesn't work out while waiting for the Sigrun.

Last edited:
That is an alternative I will look into if all of my gets energy depleted from this marathon I am doing. There is another I am thinking where modules from the Nuwa could be used if some form of refit is done with the Kagai (doubles as the center of a base as well) to essentially have UNIV-A clamps or a Yamatai alternative. But that is something to experiment on later.

Appreciate the heads up on the 777th Legion's efforts.

Approved. - Please fill out struct and link in where needed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back