Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[RSA] M1A1 Revolver

I have to say I like this. Good combat revolver, though I wonder why it does not come also in .357 magnum or other hard-hitting precision round.

The unique cylinder system is meant for rimless rounds. However, there's nothing to preclude having a cylinder for rimmed rounds.

However, the only rimmed ammunition in the SARP is either made by the UMC, with their Peacekeeper .38 (great round name), or in Hybrid Hand Guns (the original or the Deidre special).

We've got this old Tiger's Tears revolver that Arieg removed and Aendri restored on the wiki, but while it says ".357 Magnum" the actual round was never detailed. Ari probably meant .357 Mag as we know it, but we'd need the detail.

For what it's worth, 10 mm Auto (which 10 x 25 mm KZ is a copy of) and .357 Magnum are ballistically close.

If you want to get even closer to .357 Magnum, having a cylinder in .357 Zen SMG is easy to do.

I realize now, though, what this weapon needs is the caliber-shifting system for the barrel like the RC-1 has, or needs completely different models depending on caliber. The barrel can't magically accept 10 mm rounds then seamlessly switch to 11.45 mm.

I'm a little confused here; are you reviewing this Doshii, or just lending a hand? If you're just lending a hand, I got the time to spare to do some tech forum work now and can work on approving this for you all.

Alright, I'll go ahead and review this article, however, there's a caveat.

I found out there are issues with the current weapon template that I made, so I'm having it updated. Should it pass however, I'll do the work and update this article to its standards myself. If this takes to long, feel free to request another tech mod.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back