Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[RSA] Ship Component Batch No.1 Sensors

We just had this talk with Osaka, but companies are not their own faction for tech, save Origin, so you cannot give FM approval. Whatever faction's territory they're based in, or most closely related to, they need that FM's approval.

Aendri said:
We just had this talk with Osaka, but companies are not their own faction for tech, save Origin, so you cannot give FM approval. Whatever faction's territory they're based in, or most closely related to, they need that FM's approval.

Thats the thing, they're in no factions territory.

Effectively they have no FM over them, they're an independent entity. If you want you can consider them a background faction.

If they have no direct contact with any faction, than they need to be submitted as a full faction first, not a company.

According to Wes these guys qualify as a background faction as is, I believe this negates the issue of an FM approval?

It's a background faction for use of GMs, so it doesn't require faction manager approval. FM approval is required to protect faction-inappropriate submissions being added to played factions (like someone adding a ship to the Star Army of Yamatai equipment without my permission). If there's no player faction for the items, anyone can add to them (though we should try to respect the wishes of and communicate with the species creator if they're around).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back