• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission RUDaaS Fuze

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I see that this was rejected once, largely due to a big argument. Gotta say, piecing everything out makes the process a little more complex and confusing than it needs to be — especially because each part might end up being reviewed by a different person — but let's take a crack at this component.

I could not find any specific objections to the fuze in the previous rejection. All of the sub-components are already approved.

However, you do not link to your subspace radar, which would justify that 1 LY sensor range. That is the only subspace radar article I can find, and it is housed in a Huge SSC container (20 meters in length compared to the 0.5 meters this fuze is claimed to be). Since this is intended to be a basic fuze assembly, I'd recommend getting rid of the subspace radar part until you have a smaller subspace radar component. This change would necessitate shortening the rangefinder's effective range to lightseconds due to the optical sensor being, well, optical. If I am mistaken and another approved subspace sensor exists, please let me know.

I am aware that generic tech exists, but the most generic subspace radar currently approved is the one linked to and it's 20 meters long.

Anyway! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔* ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ! ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ! ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. "quick swaping" > "quick swapping"
2. systems' > system's
3. Please correct or explain the subspace radar issue.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

*the "General" header for technology has almost universally been exempt from the "text below headers" rule.

Spell checked,
Fixed system's > system's

Subspace Radar is a generic tech item. I think the CFS and a lot of other sensors have generic "FTL sensor" properties. There are similarly long ranged sensors all over the place. The Huge size cargo container one is only of that size because it needs to fit into a cargo container for swap-out reasons. IMO scaling it down in size just makes the sensor resolution a little worse but doesn't really affect range which might be more of a power or physics limitation than a problem with the sensor size.

Thank you for fixing those typos and the other ones I didn't catch. In the future, you should run the spell checker before submission.

I just did some more research and found that "subspace radar" is mentioned as generic tech on a ton of articles, including old Nepleslia, the NMX, and NovaCorp. Plus, the wazutech one I referred to above is simply a container that houses a subspace radar. My bad!

Because subspace radar is ancient tech and thus is entirely appropriate for USO stuff, if you add a small description of how subspace radar functions, this article will be good to go. In the absence of a generic article to link to, the end user should still get a picture of how their sci-fi tech functions. I would recommend you do it as a subheading like this:
  • Sensor: Wz-G3802 Small Optical Sensor x4
    • Subspace radar: With a 1ly range, make up some stuff about how it sends out subspace radio waves to bounce back or whatever the headcanon is. Please don't just copy and paste this example text to be totally hilarious.

Baaaaaah, that ruins the whole flow of that list :_(

Ultimately, I don't want to write a generic subspace radar explanation article right now and its easier to just put in the text so I've done that.

I think that's sufficient, even though I agree that it ruins the flow of the list. I'm going to change it to "primary sensor" and "secondary sensor" for you, though. Because the flow of what you did bugs me just as much as it bugs you.

Look forward to seeing a new generic subspace radar article that all SARPers can reference. We've always got people wanting to make their own one-off Millennium Falcon, so something like that would be super someday, if not "right now."

APPROVED

I’ve asked Zack to fix a typo and he has. This note is here for the sake of our valiant Zack Edit Watchers.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps!

[ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ! ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

@Zack, when you edited in the approval you removed your user citation for some reason. Please put back in "[[user:zack]] wrote this article" before the part about it getting approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back