Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RWBY

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
Well, we've got a year to talk about it.

Thoughts? Feelings? Tears?

I am hopeful. Yang will get her mojo back in time. They'll find Blake and get to Weiss. (Until then, go Team RNGR!)

It'll be OK.

I hit myself after watching the episode because I realized they were hinting at all this kinda stuff from season 1. Like with Yang's theme song and such.

Here's to hoping that silver eyes have nothing to do with Maidens.

Also here is to hoping that Yang goes the Ironwood path.

Did you watch the bit after the credits @Doshii Jun ?
Yes to each of these. Interesting that, instead of picking up where Ozpin left of line he said he'd do, Qrow just follows RNJR. Unless that's where Ozpin was headed ...

What do you mean, Syaoran?

Last edited:
I'm still recovering from watching the Volume 3 Finale...

I for one am hoping that Pyrrha and Penny come back.

I don't mean that they should just come back.

I don't expect them to come back unscathed. Penny will probably be a lot less open to strangers and Pyrrha will probably come back psychologically scarred.

If RT can bring them both back in a way that isn't detrimental to the plot, I will be very happy.

Here's to hoping that silver eyes have nothing to do with Maidens.

You know, I immediately assumed that Ruby was one of the maidens. I'm not sure how I feel about this silver eye thing coming out of nowhere, even if it is a reference to the first episode.

Last edited:
You know, I immediately assumed that Ruby was one of the maidens. I'm not sure how I feel about this silver eye thing coming out of nowhere, even if it is a reference to the first episode.

You have to remember that we've seen a very tiny amount of the world of Remnant. Anything new is going to seem like it came out of nowhere, after all the story of the Maidens more or less came out of nowhere when it was introduced. The only difference is our first Maiden was safely contained in a tube and didn't do anything. Where as Ruby was apparently an offscreen badass.

Seems like RWBY has a lot of development to cover, and has a lot more lore than people initially anticipated. All in all, I like it.

Seems like RWBY has a lot of development to cover, and has a lot more lore than people initially anticipated. All in all, I like it.

You can say that again. I can't wait to see how they pick up the story in Volume 4.
I mean, are we going to have a season where they are traveling or will it timeskip to Mistral.

Last edited:
There was an interview somewhere that Miles and/or Kerry said that Monty had a pretty robust showbible built before RWBY's trailers even were animated. It seems like Monty's influence will be felt for years to come, so we can take that to heart. Things might be shit now, but obviously they're going to be better.

We haven't even seen Jaune's Semblance be used for anything worthwhile. You gotta expect that he's now going to be some kind of major player. Nora and Ren also should get more screentime, so we can see them rock the world too.

Nevermind Ruby herself. Leader of Team RNJR! Or maybe not. Doesn't really matter.

I just want Team RWBY back. Someday!

@Doshii Jun I was reffering to how Yang's theme hints at things not going so well for Yang.

Also yeah Monty has a lot of stuff already planned out for RWBY and even detailed rules on how to name people and teams. I just feel a little sorry for the people who took over after Monty died though, they're going to get so much flak from people saying that Monty would've never made something turn so drastically. (Though everyone who knows what RvB was like knows the truth)

Eis explained RvB to me as well, and that gave me comfort. I've no worries.

And remember that Yang's theme suggests badness ... But that she ultimately rocks it.

Well yeah that's probably what's going to happen in the end. But yeah when it hit me that the theme pretty much hinted at that things were going to get bad for her I kinda kicked myself.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back