Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SACN [SAINT Memo] Helen Klein to SAINT

DocTomoe

Inactive Member
Memorandum Sent By Helen Klein to Star Army Intelligence

Memorandum to Star Army Intelligence said:
DD,MM,YE 33

MEMORANDUM FOR STAR ARMY INTELLIGENCE

YSS Eucharis

SUBJECT: Assessment of internal security and external threats, DD,MM,YE 33

1.As was the reason for my original assignment to the YSS Eucharis, I have conducted an evaluation of behaviors and actions within the First Expeditionary Fleet personnel which have served or have conducted frequent contact with Shosho (Formerly Taisa) Hanako. Evaluation of personnel has indicated that loyalty within the ranks of personnel of Yamataian/Geshrin descent remains favorable. Orders issued by superiors were followed without obstruction by those which were native born. However, notably, there seems to be a persisting animosity present in members of the Elysian population. Recommend further investigation into Elysian cultural and social biases. Notably, the person of interest of which I was assigned to investigate (Taisa Kage Yaichiro) has been confirmed as loyal to the Empire. However, there is a sentiment present which has doubts in regard to the objectives of the Ketsururi. Investigation is recommended in regard to the state of the Ketsururi Military Sector. My findings indicate that there is little threat to be found in the form of common-place First Expeditionary Fleet personnel which may have displayed disloyal behavior.

2.My assessment of internal security continues, in the form of evaluation within our ranks (Star Army Intelligence), as well as within the ranks of high-officers of the First Expeditionary Fleet. During deployment with the YSS Eucharis, there have been frequent and unexplainable encounters with NMX assets, these encounters were very low probability. Due to the frequency of such low-probability encounters, I am led to suspect that there may be a possible intelligence leak within the high-officer ranks of SAINT, or the First Expeditionary Fleet, possibly a party outside of either group, which would be privy to reports and intelligence from both SAINT and the First Expeditionary Fleet. This concern was only increased by the parasite infestation of Yamatai. Evaluation of security measures present indicate that the likelihood of infestation by parasites without internal aid was remote. Recommend investigation into personnel which would be related to Star Army Intelligence, First Expeditionary Fleet, and the forces assigned to security within the Yamataian system.

3.During the course of my investigation, I have also been able to evaluate external threats. At this time, due to the data which is available, I must report that the progression of the war effort against the NMX is decidedly not in the favor of the Yamataian Empire. Fleet movements indicate that fleet assets continue to provide 'soft spots' for enemy incursions. Planetary defense measures and equipment are sub-par in relation to the requirements set by NMX tactics deployed during planetary assault operations. Loss of the United Outer Colonies has produced a considerable 'gap' in our 'southern' portion of space, a considerably large area which is favorable to enemy incursion has been created. First Expeditionary Fleet inability to secure Nataria prior to engagement in battle versus NMX forces in Yamatai system is indicative of weak fleet coverage or improper division of the fleet. While the addition of three-thousand-plus ships has increased our available assets, their deployment will be essential to the outcome of the war effort. Observation indicates, current fleet deployment methods do not provide proper coverage, even with the addition of three-thousand ships, this can largely be attributed to the NMX advance effectively isolating our assets, preventing cohesive fleet movements.

4.Personal assessment of the situation indicates that if the NMX are successful in capturing the Yamatai system, it would provide the NMX with the proper fulcrum to move against isolated systems which they had previously ignored during their advance (Fujiko, Rufusland, Albini, Elysia, Kazumi, etc.), Likely, occupation of the Yamatai system would force a commitment of Yamataian assets which would result in weakening of overall fleet strength, and increased vulnerability to further NMX raids, this vulnerability may also be created even with a successful defense of the Yamatai system. At this time, it is my professional opinion that fleet deployment strategy be reassessed, remaining assets should be consolidated into new fleets, and a devoted branch within the Star Army be established for infantry operations, in place of haphazard usage of space fleet personnel in surface combat operations. Furthermore, I would recommend assessment of policy established by current administration, and possible re-establishment of policies used pre-YE30, which proved successful against SMX assets. Alternatively, establish new deployment methods once internal security is confirmed. Additionally, it would be recommended that high-value personnel, Taisa rank and above, be provided proper material assets to ensure prevention of valued personnel becoming MIA or POW. Recommended assets include command of cruiser-class or larger warships, dedicated infantry and combat personnel in numbers sufficient for organization classification of 'platoon' or greater, as well as the availability of further fleet assets such as gunship-class vessels, and additional infantry assets to support assets directly at the disposal of the commanding officer.

Signed,
ヘレンクライン
Helen Klein, Shosa, SAINT
Intelligence Operative

RPG-D RPGfix
Back