Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SAINT Training Activity

Sean_ODuibher

Inactive Member
SAINT Training Activity
Sub-Article: SAINT Medical Waiver

This has links to the SAINT Standard Conditioning Package as creating this article was partially inspired by the discussion about the conditioning package and the sub-article is based on a suggestion there from Yoroko, though I think this article can stand on its own. More ideas for training courses, improvements on the courses, or perhaps more topics to list under the Main Evolutions headings would, naturally, be welcome.

I think this is a good 'brief' on what SAINT training would look at. In the future (read: as seperate articles) it might be interesting to define each of the listed training activities a little further so that new players can get a feel for what is involved with each course specifically. My only complaint is 20 weeks might be a little short for that much training, but I have a bad sense for time. Otherwise, great article Sean.

edit:

On the medical waiver though, I'm not really sure resignation would neutralize the waiver. Of course you could just wipe any classified information from their brain should they resign, that would allow for neutralization of the waiver.

When you rescind consent it doesn’t apply retroactively. If you give medical power of attorney to someone, they okay you for heart surgery, and a year later you take away the power of attorney from that person it doesn’t mean the heart surgery was done without consent. Same thing here; resigning from operative status doesn’t mean SAINT has to undo whatever they did while you were legally under their power, but it does mean they have to stop.

As for training time, it can be increased if you want it two, but I was just basing this on real life: New Agent Training for the FBI lasts twenty weeks as well and they come out the far end as full Special Agents. In this case, INDOC is twenty weeks of specialized training on top of the previous year of Basic Training for all Star Army personnel and the four weeks of SELECT.

It's been three weeks since this submission last saw attention. There isn't a pressing need for its approval, but I would like to know if there is a timeline for its review.

mizunoyoroko said:
On the medical waiver though, I'm not really sure resignation would neutralize the waiver. Of course you could just wipe any classified information from their brain should they resign, that would allow for neutralization of the waiver.

I think wiping the information when they resign would be a mistake. Besides possibly creating a psychological trauma from having large portions of their memories missing.

People in this kind of work retire today in the real world. They have to sign non-disclosure agreements, and are held accountable to very harsh punishments should they break trust.

Besides, it would really suck if you needed to recall a person because a contact that he made would only agree to talk to them, and well you wiped all knowledge of their prior contact.....

SAINT Training Activity article is approved, but...

SAINT Conditioning is NOT YET APPROVED
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... nditioning

Due to "all operatives undergo a superficially benign procedure, typically in the course of a standard medical examination"

SAINT Medical Waiver is NOT YET APPROVED
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... cal_waiver

Due to "I, (name), hereby waive certain medical rights, chief among them" -- any and all waived rights must be specifically listed.

I guess I don't quite understand what the problem with the waiver is. You say it needs to list the rights that are waived, and indeed, to my mind, it does in the first sentence, reading:

[url=https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:saint_training_activity:saint_medical_waiver:38morqh2]Legal Text[/url] said:
[...] my control over modifications to my body, modifications to my ST back-up, modifications to my behavior and reactions, and control of body transfers [...]

The rest of the text edifies that procedures related to topics listed above (surgery, administration of anesthesia, etc.) are also included, as are all of the normal medical rights waived by all members of any military (full doctor-patient privilege, right to chose your own physician, etc.). If you would like me to cite specific laws of the YSE or Star Army I'd be happy to; otherwise I'm unsure of exactly what you would like changed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back