• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP Saleloria (Tranquility)

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 44.8
RP Location
Riverside, Kyoto

Saleloria - Caeyara Residence, Kyoto​

Balcony overlooking the Ketsurui River - YE 44.8 (A Month After The Arrival)​

Saleloria_2.png
Uaeso sat on the balcony, enjoying the late autumn chill as the river gurgled and rippled past their new home. A Sanctuary Structure that had been grown and then modified with conventional construction in the Riverside District of Kyoto. Uaeso still was a little unsure of using the Leviathan's resources, it would take time to process all that had happened. Life would move on though, the new Tsenlanese Cultural Center was under construction, and for the most part, the refugees had settled in on Virginia, Akina, and Yamatai. His father had already started working on the arrangements with Yamatai for Statehood, and a permanent settlement in the Akina System; as usual, he never stopped, not for a rest and not for anyone even Uaeso. The Crowned Prince rose, and his Aest Vrydi was black with silver and dark green designs, swept back as the wind gently pushed against him. He let out a bit of a sigh as he moved to the railing and leaned against it, he wanted nothing more than a glass of sweet bubbly red chacelle to wash away the fact he looked up at the strange constellations in Yamatai's sky and felt as if he was lost in a labyrinth.

On the mind of sweet things, he opened his link to enquire about the location of his wife - she had probably gotten lost in the sea of small cargo containers and cases that filled their new home. Sure they had staff that could do all that for them. At the same time, they had all gotten used to doing it themselves. The concept of help had passed, and things had devolved for the Leviathans when things got rough. Uaeso still found himself tucking apples in his pockets at the banquet lunches, as if that piece of fruit would be something he could give to someone else who was hungry. Maybe the new humbling nature of the Caeyara who had faced suffering was good? Yet it was time to brave a way forward and Uaeso had already picked a path and even had one to suggest to his wife.

He reached into the belt of his robe and pulled out the Neithu flute he kept at his hip. He brought the decorative wooden flute to his lips and began to play a soothing melody that his mother, Sinith used to play for him when he was young. It was a tune of the tale of a Minatu Warrior who had traveled to a distant moon to fight one of the great Leviathan Dragons. The alluring melody reminded him of his dearly departed mother, her funeral and sarcophagus still awaited the Ysi's attention on one of the Arks. One of the advantages of being what they were, was he could play and sing at the same time, just his words drifted through the open streams of a vesper open to any who would listen.

1668140977674.pngSi Sali os Cyrai (1st Verse Only)
Eilyr si shylaer os si thalael olaer, Cyrai tadi cor bysi.
Syl ei shasael jhaladi os shori vys eil mali air shar baelaes tael sai shi sajael.
Thys Jhar'cyr--mai eirdaraer ail si madyrn celia eil ialaroraer.

Syr on Cyrai!
Os shyraes shar eir Aelodi.
Syr on Cyrai!

Si madyrn cor os mys.

The Tale of Hosio (First Verse Only)

Across the bones of the fallen ones, Hosio made his journey.

Through a barren landscape of white rock and shale it was never ment to be taken.

For Lat'hot--sho awaited in the shadows hungry and unsatiated.

Toil oh Hosio!
Your brothers wait at Eclipse.
Toil oh Hosio!
The shadows kiss your sword.

Last edited:

Saleloria - Caeyara Residence, Kyoto​

Library - YE 44.8 (A Month After The Arrival)​

Naika was in the library, lost in peaceful thoughts while wandering through a sea of containers. Of all the rooms in this house filled with things to be unpacked, this one held a special significance. Even if that significance only mattered to her, there was something about preserving history that mattered deeply. If it did not matter, then such efforts taken to ensure the preservation of these documents and archives would have been a frivolous waste. She had a method in mind as to how she would like to see them organized, but first she needed to get them out of these containers. The intention here was to place them in timeline order, it'd be an interesting conversation with anyone who dared try persuade her otherwise. Delicately bare feet padded softly until they reached their destination. Her fingers ran lightly over the container, memories of what lead them here threatened to make her sob.

Her ears twitched when she felt her husband reach out via vesper link. "I am here, just sorting through materials in the library. Would you like some company?" she responded via link. His communication had yanked her from sorrow and brought a smile to her face. With her right hand she wiped the barely formed tear from her eyes and straightened her Aest Vrydi. It was a far cry from the uniform she had no doubt tainted with stasis fluid a month ago. The Aest Vrydi, which donned her lithe form was black with dark purple designs. She had decided to go spend some time with her husband and moved to seek him out. This did not take long, sounds of his Neithu flute graced here ears, which only meant one thing. Uaeso's location was the balcony, which is where her path adjusted to.

Balcony overlooking the Ketsurui River​

Quietly she snuck out onto the balcony, the breeze blowing her ponytail as she did so. Upon approach she smoothly plopped herself up on the balcony railing next to her husband facing away from the street and towards him. Her hands gripped the railing for support while she closed her eyes and listened to him. His soothing voice brought her comfort, she would listen to him play the flute any time she could.

The question about joining him had a given answer that didn't need to be communicated, not to mention Uaeso knew she would find her wait out. When the verse was finished he lowered the flute and looked toward her, "I've been thinking a lot about the future, Naika-ko..." he said quietly as he turned towards her. He coiled his arms and the large sleeves of his robes around her frame, "The Star Army, the way it performed out there. It made me long for that place, for the chair I once occupied. I don't know what kind of conversion they would offer for ranks like ours. I know most MERN soldiers are being transferred over the best they can do with evaluations on their skills," he said as he reflected on the thing which pretty much had his mind made up.

"Father wants me at Akina, but I want the vast adventure of space and duty," he said in a longing sort of voice. "I would love to show our new friends the things I am capable of, that we are capable of -- I noticed they have an intelligence branch called SAINT, I'm sure they could use some good analysts," he suggested, "What do you think about it? Put on a uniform again and pay a little of the great things these people have done for us back?" he inquired of his wife, the terrible turn in the war had resulted in both of them having to give themselves to imperial duty.

Uaeso took in the silence between answers, the soft gurgle of the Ketsurui River, and the countless songs of night crawlers and frogs had a serenade of their own.

Naika opened her eyes at the sound of her husband's voice changing from song to thoughtful pondering. Her arms lifted to rest on his shoulders, sleeves draping over his back as her fingers interlaced behind his neck. She knew how he longed to get back out into the action and figured that's what this might be about. This moment of peace in his arms gave her a bit to digest his words. "Uaeso-ko, I think we should try it. I can tell you've been itching to get back into things, how you lit up when we were able to help....," she paused to smile lovingly at him.

One of the reasons she loved him was that he couldn't sit around idly. "I will support whatever it is you want to do. Even if it means we spend some time apart from one another...I think we could do it. I think I would like to lend my talents to SAINT, if you'd think they would have me. It's the least we can do to thank these people for what they have done for us. Afterall, I to have been itching to get back into things myself," she said flexing her fingers a bit up into his hair. Her hips wiggled a bit "What do you think the uniform would look like on me?" she asked playfully.

Uaeso nodded, a wide smile on his face as he gazed down at her, "As graceful as you looked the day we got married," he teased her a little, "Just try not to attract too big of a fan base, I did marry a woman who can start a war with her beauty." He took a deep breath, enjoying that little moment of paradise with her. "Now we just have to make it all happen. I hear there is a recruiting place in Uesureyan Fortress, guess that is the best place to start - we can take the train in the morning," he said as he didn't let go of her. The blue-haired Norian released her with his right hand just for a moment; he booped his finger at the end of her nose.

"We should find where father hid the chacelle," he mischievously stated, "If not, we could always try out one of those restaurants listed on SYNC," he suggested.

Crystal blue eyes lit with playful fire when her husband teased her with memories of their wedding day. She found herself biting her bottom lip, taking in as much of Uaeso's form as she could in this position. This magical moment alone with him was bound to end, his next words indicated such. Her gaze flitted back up to meet his nodding acknowledgement of his words. "We should do....." the thoughts in her mind cut short. Shock spread across her face settling into a smirk, "Did you just...?" she inquired in a kittenish manner.

His invitation to search was more than she needed to tow him inside. Long delicate fingers released him from her hold as she utilized them for leverage to slip off the balcony railing. Her lips within a breath of his face she grinned, "Perhaps we shall," she whispered to him flirtatiously entreating his honey gold eyes to a little mischief. Her form slipped past his letting her fingers softly brush over the hand with which he had booped her nose. She gave the booping hand a light tug before a light giggle escaped her lips as she dashed inside.

Naika's abundance of energy was always something that had attracted Uaeso. The Prince pursued her inside, he was tempted to just throw her in bed - but that could be done later. The crowned Prince began to search through boxes and crates. "First one who finds the chacelle gets to choose where we drink it!" he called out. The house's mindhive adjusted the atmosphere and temperature since it detected only them in the interior. A cool rush of air filtered from the vents and the oxygen level lowered in favor of even more nitrogen in the mix. It felt good, and Uaeso took a moment to take a deep breath.

"Did you eat while you were exploring today?" he asked, distracted momentarily by the selection of fruits and vegetables he found in one of the provision boxes in the kitchen. Still no cachelle though, maybe she would have more luck.

Naika immediately joined the Prince in searching boxes for the prized chacelle. She took up looking into a box right across from him. "No, I did not....got tied up in the library." she replied while shuffling through the contents. Her blue eyes lit up with excitment, her pony tail bobbed as she hopped with excitement. "I FOUND IT!" she shouted holding the chacelle up for him to see. "Now, where do we drink it?" she said with a mischievious grin looking around.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back