• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SANDRA [SANDRA] Empress Defends Progress, Denounces UOC Mudslinging

Empress Defends Progress, Denounces UOC Mudslinging

Kyoto, Yamatai - Empress Himiko released a statement in response to recent UOC trash-talking:
It's an indisputable fact that I have worked at making Yamatai better ever since I became Empress. I have been working on eliminating slavery and torture, protecting civilians rights to life, promoting commerce, and rebuilding the military as a smaller, more highly-trained defensive force.

Despite the progress within Yamatai, progress outside has been slow. Today the Prime Minister from the United Outer Colonies issued a statement, claiming that my government cares more about publicity than you, my people. This is yet another slur thrown at Yamatai by the renegade nation whose entire existence is based on negative, anti-Yamatai PR, spreading false rumors that Yamatai created the Mishhu and the Great Plague, neither of which are true.

The United Outer Colonies will never be satisfied. They are a nation of haters doing anything and everything they can for attention because they know their future is shaky at best. Yamatai has been more than lenient with them so far. The best thing we can do is to ignore their lies and keep moving on. Yamatai is a constantly improving nation where things are getting better all the time and I wan teach of you to be a part of it.

That's why today I am announcing I'm dissolving the senate and replacing it with a democratic system where all citizens have a right to vote. The senate has not even been able to do the simple tasks I asked of them when I came into office...so they deserve to be fired. I am working for the good of the people and the nation every day and I expect the same of all government officials.

A new era for Yamatai is here, where the people have more power than ever before to improve the nation and to right the wrongs of the past. You are part of the greatest nation in the universe, and the nation I love completely. I believe honor is acquired by virtue; when then UOC decides to take the right path, only then will they deserve our respect.

The Anthem of Yamatai played afterward.
Let the moments of our future,
Be greater than those passed;
And the reign of our great empire,
Stand strong and always last.

Our hearts and minds will long prevail,
And keep its spirit true;
A million stars forever ours,
And we’ll do it all for you.

Our strength and wisdom put to use,
Like nothing ever seen,
The power we will not abuse,