• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission [SAoY] Daisy II Flipblade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Weapon
Submission URL: Daisy II Flipblade

Faction
FM Approval:
Don't Know
Faction Art Requirement: Yes

For Reviewers
Unapproved Sub-Articles:
No
New Art: No
Previously Submitted: No

Notes:

This article is an old one that was finished some time ago, but only needed a little bit more polishing before submission. Unfortunately, I had forgotten it at the time. This means that I do not know if the FM, Wes, is aware of it and has approved it or not. The very same goes for artwork in this instance - I honestly feel that I cannot, under ANY circumstances, muster artwork for it, which I am sorry for.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Might want to update it to YE 36 since the date is from two years ago.

When you say flipblade, do you mean something like this? (0m09)
(dubbed english fail ~_~ )

Actually, Nashoba, these were made back then, Cadette just never finished them. I also need them to be available from YE 34 because I will be using them in a plot that takes place in early YE 35... I'm sure grandfathering it in, especially since AFAIK the 5SF is still the only fleet to use the Daisy II.

And, Yes, Fred, Pretty much like that, except it swings the other way, to avoid eviscerating the user.

Yeah, I did finish the article, but I never got to proofreading and submitting it. We honestly do need the items to be grandfathered in, since right now, the plot is taking place 'in the past' so to speak. After we wrap this chapter up though, we'll likely give skipping forward a shot.

A lot like that Fred. The ones she used in the newer version - Bubblegum Crisis 2040 - fold away from the user as Kai mentioned, since they are placed on the outside of the forearm. More importantly however, is that the blade is on a telescoping shaft. When folded up, it keeps it much more compact. Naturally, that too is coated with the good stuff.

Flipblade is probably not the best name for it, then, but this is just me being nitpicky. 'Flipping' is a different verb to 'retracting'. Like, "retractable wrist blade".

Well, it honestly does both - when it's not being used, not only does the non-cutting part -well I guess tang - telescope or retract to make it compact, but the blade flips so that the business end is pointing towards the elbow. This basically keeps it as compact as possible when characters aren't trying to use them, and even has a tip guard to prevent them from accidentally elbowing things. When I made it, I intended for the weapon to only telescope forward enough so that the blade clears the hand, so I actually just made some changes to its 'effective range'.

I do understand the name is rather dull though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…