• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SARP Optional Combat Ruleset

Rizzo

Here I have made the thing. These rules pair with DRv3 and require no alteration of existing systems. The math is beyond simple so it should be easy to pick up and implement.
This might need streamlining but what do you think?

Looks nice and simple at a glance. Maybe add some situational modifiers like +/-1 dice for being granted a combat advantage or disadvantage by the GM.

I’ve been thinking about holding a martial tournament roleplay. It could be fun to test it out in some RP like that.

Looks neat but imo and I promise im not being nitpicky but it feels unfinished at a glance. I was expecting to read more than the one mechanic. Perhapse it's because I tried to make a SARPG thing once that included every race with stats and modifiers, tech advantages, power mechanics, etc!

Im not saying to add more tho, far from it! Simplicity is nice, especially in a concept where people downright refuse to get mud on their boots unless it is in the limelight of being the absolute winner at absolutely anything. Chance mechanics to ballance that and enforce fairness regardless of someone thinking they should win is nice.

Looks neat but imo and I promise im not being nitpicky but it feels unfinished at a glance. I was expecting to read more than the one mechanic.
that is absolutely the truth. This is my first draft and could really use some polish. I was considering a cover mechanic too but it was late. I plan to add them in modular form so that it can be tailored to a groups needs.

EDIT: Cover system has been added

Last edited:
Moral bonus/penalty system has been added.
Dice pools and supply greatly increased.
EDIT: Added attack mechanics.
EDIT: Merged Cover Mechanics into Defense Mechanics.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back