Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

SARPY Awards: Best Game Master of 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
Star Army has some great game masters who pour their effort into leading groups of players on adventures in the SARPiverse.

A great GM has:
  • a sense of story
  • knowledge of the lore
  • treats players with respect and care
  • makes everyone feel involved and important, and
  • guides the game in a fun direction.
Do you have someone who you appreciate being your Game Master and want to nominate? Post below and/or vote on the responses below and we'll award the most upvoted response with the title of Best Game Master of 2023! This is a great way to show your GM that they're doing a great job.

Solution
I appreciate Frosts vote of confidence but I cant vote for myself so I would prob say @Andrew . I've only been in the Motoyoshi Rising for a very short bout now but from one GM to another, I see firsthand from both the inside as a player and outside as a fellow GM the sheer scale and depth he puts into the Rising and Sunrise with a staggering amount of detail, planning, and support that I'm fine admitting I am jealous of and can only hope I can someday ascend beyond cliche campy encounters and obligatory villains with mustachios well twirled and tell actual stories like Drew does!
@Charmaylarg Dufrain. Enough said.

EDIT: Like, seriously, though, the man is a frakking chad for single-handedly keeping Nepleslia alive by running not one but two active plots (with weekly posts!) while remaining active in two other plots that I know of. What else is there to say?

EDIT THE 2ND: Well, I mean, there’s plenty else I could say - he goes above and beyond all of the bullet points mentioned in Wes’ post, for instance! - but my shift ended a minute ago and my phone’s about to die, so I have to end things here. Sorry… ><

Last edited:
Upvote 4
I appreciate Frosts vote of confidence but I cant vote for myself so I would prob say @Andrew . I've only been in the Motoyoshi Rising for a very short bout now but from one GM to another, I see firsthand from both the inside as a player and outside as a fellow GM the sheer scale and depth he puts into the Rising and Sunrise with a staggering amount of detail, planning, and support that I'm fine admitting I am jealous of and can only hope I can someday ascend beyond cliche campy encounters and obligatory villains with mustachios well twirled and tell actual stories like Drew does!

Upvote 5
Solution
My vote is for Andrew, Wes, Damaske and Farzi.

Damaske because he's allowing me to do something new, and finally push me to actually play a Fox, not just thinking of wanti to play one, and

Farzi because i can do something new

Wes because of how tolerant he was to my past mistakes and what a cool guy he is.

Andrew.. well my answer is the same as my fellow Char.

Upvote 2
First I'll nominate @Wes because not only is he the site's most consistent GM in his own plot, running a JP every week almost uninterrupted for years, he also takes on GMing the broader setting by roleplaying with so many people to help get their stories told. Any given GM's sense of story and knowledge of the lore is reliant on Wes backing us up with his input both OOC and through his characters IC to make things happen.

Upvote 4
Second nomination is for @Ametheliana. This year alone, Kaiyo has had at least 10 roleplay threads spanning at least 3 missions (not even counting my Crimson Levy subplot that has taken up most of this year). The plotship's truly epic adventures are definitive SARP stories that highlight what the setting is all about, and she takes the utmost care to feature every character in a big way at some point. And now as the year wraps up, Kaiyo is an open plotship again with more players and it's already going strong within the first few days.

Beyond Kaiyo, Ame GMs so many individual RPs for people. Lately that's been a lot of SAINT stuff for whoever needs it, but her contributions also include several Open RP threads this year. She always impresses me with how she can give every player who needs it a custom tale of adventure, intrigue, or fun on top of what she does for the Kaiyo :)

Upvote 1
@Charmaylarg Dufrain gets my vote for managing to lure me back. I also feel his current RP Fall of Osman is breaking ground on SARP with a unique mechanic to randomize the results of combat encounters. Being able to blend a bit of randomness into the narrative make for an exciting story and could even make PvP actions an engaging and fun encounter in SARP, something that usually doesn't happen.

Upvote 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back