• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Scale Datapad

Zack

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Scale Datapad
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wazu:scale_datapad

Faction: USO
FM Approved Yet? Yes
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: A part for the U1-02a variable mecha. This is intended to also be used in USO articles anywhere that 'a generic computer' could be used. I would prefer to link to this small article in the future instead of saying "This submission uses an off the shelf computer to blah blah blah...."

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
"...inside of one system" This needs a period at the end of the sentence.

I'm beginning to question if Wazu has had the time to do this in the past day, as he's currently stuck on the second day of the first month of YE 39. There is also no RP to back up this tech being made.

On top of that, I'm wondering if he's going to give this to USO or what he's going to do with it.

I think most Wazutech might just be open source, but don't quote me on that. I think it'd be neat to have open source stuff used by a faction a lot.

I fixed the punctuation, and have added a line about the design being open source / available on the InterNEP.

To answer what he is going to do with it first: At this point Wazu is like the Linus Torvald (or maybe Stallman...) of SARP. He has enough money to where he doesn't really need to worry about it so he is just doing things because he wants to do them. He's also liked the spacers and has been helping them out for years, with plenty of RP to back that up.

As for when does he have the time to work on this?: Wazu is almost always doing several things at once. Anytime I've posted him walking around with his datapad while on the Eucharis Wazu has been working on something. All that time he is walking between rooms, eating, showering, or the entire time during the Kuvexian Space-Station mission where he stayed in his room, Wazu has been working on this kind of stuff and adding to his great big repository of 'things I might need later'. It isn't something I've really been writing about directly, but I have been posting frequently about Wazu's work habits and how often he is looking at his datapad for one reason or another.

Your follow up question would probably be: 'Why hasn't the SAoY gotten any cool new stuff from the Waz?' Wazu did try to make a Rixxikor sterilization virus but Hanako put the breaks on that. I have a bunch of art and everything for it, it just didn't make it into use! There are some things Wazu would like to make for the armor team, but so far I haven't quite gotten there yet.

As for the issue of when in time did this get made, I figure SARP kinda works on comic-book time. Not all of the plots may be happening at exactly the same time, and there is plenty of down-time between threads so that numbers can be fudged and things could be made to line up. It has been YE_39 for a while in 188604 and it makes sense that if Wazu didn't have this ready already, that it would come available in the next few days/weeks/whatever.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ