• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Sargasso Community Radio [SCR] - Van Implodes in front of shop, steals shop contents

You're listening to Sargasso Community Radio on 130.33 MHz, your host for this evening is me, David Takeyama from the Ori-Mart. This afternoon we're bringing you breaking news of a bizarre theft that happened this morning in the strip mall off Wayfield's Legacy Mall. With crime on the rise in Sargasso, it can only mean that there are things worth stealing, and citizens are delighted that our town is beginning to see a rise in crime in our sleepy town. Stay tuned!

♫ Sargasso Community Radio - Interlude: Wednesday ♫

Crime is up by a whopping 3000% as today, we mark our first jewellery robbery since YE 32 near the end of YE 37. Onlookers said that the van parked with the back to the shop, and thought that there might be a very up-close and personal robbery as two men were hanging off of the sides of the vehicle.

Indeed, the two masked men wielding sledgehammers apparently let go and walked up to the shop, smashing the windows as a third man in the passenger's seat of the van pointed what appeared to be an EMP gun at the store's security gate, frying the motors and preventing security countermeasures from deploying. Then the two masked men dropped their hammers and walked to the van, pulling the doors open.

Viewers, and in particular, onlookers were surprised when the van doors flew open, and a vacuum suddenly appeared in the back of the van, sucking the two men, their sledgehammers, and the contents of the shop's front window into the van. Security cameras were unable to capture what happened thanks to the EMP weapon, but an almighty crash similar to an implosion was alleged to have been heard when the vacuum stopped. The doors were suddenly shut, and the van drove off with its plunder, an estimated 2,000 DA worth of gold-plated steel jewellery and worthless pieces of glass amongst cheap, artificial gemstones.

Police arrived within ten minutes, and are stumped at how this robbery came about during canvasing. The police inspector on duty said, I quote, "I wish to give the perpetrators a handshake for making the town feel the way it was during the Boom Times - then we will put them in jail". Sargasso's Forensics department are examining the scene and are asking anyone with any information at all to come forward and figure this out, because the cops are stumped.

And now, a quick bit of Y-Pop music, and I'll be back with our usual Wednesday programming.

♫ Rei and the Clovers - Rest, Yourself Son ♫
Super Earbrickers Unite - Scratched HDD Tango (Witwicky's Y-Pop Unscramble Mix) ♫
Aoi Tanaka & String Smasher - Ripped Stockings ♫

Welcome back to Sargasso Community Radio on 130.33 MHz. Onto our usual Wednesday reporting now, with me, David Takeyama.

I'd like to talk about the Weather Patterns for next week. It looks like we may be seeing the start of the wet season a bit earlier than usual, with a rain squall far off the coast pushed in by a low pressure system. So if you live in the Shakersly, Ironsides, Waterworld, Flattington, or Boom Boulevard neighbourhoods; pack up your stuff, unclog your drainage, get upstairs, fasten brooms, and roll the doors up - you're going to get flooded some time this weekend. People working in Wayward and The Big Tray might want to take precautions too. One of my colleagues will keep you informed.

Next on our Cryptozoologics bracket, we've got reports from a fisherman who that there may be a silvery version of the native Sargasso Buttfish, believed to be some form of genetic or radiological mutation. It appears to be able to bite through fishing hooks and has a taste for metal. Whether or not this is really a fish that eats metal or just some phone-in or a prank by robot makers, I'm unsure. If someone could drop by this week and get to the bottom of this, I'm sure we'd all like to know the truth!

Finally on Ziplines and Busses, I'm happy to report that all Sargasso Busses will be able to run their usual routes this period. With the possibility of a flood though, there is some caution for the Southeastern Line and replacements via Ziplines Ferros:Waterworld Southern and Ferros:Spaceport then Spaceport:Boulevard should cover your needs. Check with your local line watchers and operators for more information.

And that's all for this evening. I'll leave you with some classic Aoi Tanaka collab music, and I wish Sargasso a good night. And remember: We're A Beachside Beginning~! Goodnight.

♫ Aoi Tanaka - Super Fun Happy Smashvalanche! ♫
♫ Aoi Tanaka & Lorath Godskeletons - Bittersweet Tea and Sugars ♫

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back