• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission [SCU Weapons] 30mm ML2A4 Plasma Cannon

Arieg

DEFCON Everybody Dies
Submission Type: Vehicle Weapon System
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=kgr:2a62-54

Faction: Sesestran Colonial Union
FM Approved Yet? (Yes/No; Who, When): Yes
Faction requires art? (Yes/No): Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? (Yes/No): Somewhat.
Contains New art? (Yes/No): Yes
Previously Submitted? (Yes/No; explain reason if rejected): No

Notes: Basically its the primary vehicle secondary weapon system in the form of a very high velocity 30mm plasma cannon.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Seems like a catch-all secondary gun that also could be a primary APC weapon. Does it all; infantry, vehicles, aerial threats, etc.

For a secondary weapon to be this powerful (and that's based on text, not even the DR) feels a little too OP. Can this be taken down a peg? Infantry obviously don't stand a chance, but with the ROF combined with the power, neither does practically anything else.

For clarity, let me say that this thing, even at it's reduced RoF, will drop 20 shots of ADR4 on a target in literally 1 second. That's utterly ridiculous amounts of damage.

I don't have convincing arguments to reject this submission, based on the DR or anything else. This doesn't even set new precedent.

This is the sort of weapon I always hate to see submitted, and how it feels like it uses the current DR scheme to create pure war machines that suggest PvP is on the horizon.

Even so, the submission falls within guidelines, is well written and is convincing in its arguments as to why it should exist.

Approved.

Going to bolt on an 'operations' section depicting how the weapon typically operates including firing modes, cool down phases, and how long it can sustain fire.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…