• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Search, Rescue, Salvage: Voyages of the Yggdrasill

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Is there anywhere else you intend to drag me? I have clothes and I have chocolate, I don't see much else as being terribly necessary. Unless you have money there to buy me a ship so I can go back to Mishhu space. I wouldn't be averse to that proposition..."

Mizuho sighed rather dramatically then, cast a glance away, towards the ground. "You're probably too kind for your own good, Toshiro. And certainly too innocent. The universe will hit you like a burlap sack of bricks when you discover it..."

Toshiro seemed to look upset at these particular comments, especially the comment about going back to Mishhu space.

"...So you're still suicidal...hopefully that will pass...in any case, if you want, we can store the Escape Pod at the Warehouse, unless you think it better on the Yggdrasill...and I can show you the warehouse. I've been considering pulling the ADN from the LAMIA."

"Is there something terribly wrong with desiring death?" Mizuho cocked her head. "I've no use for the escape pod. It has some frenzied notes scrawled on the walls, but none of them are of particular importance. Unless you mean to psychoanalyze me, in which case I might become violent."

Deftly changing the subject, Mizuho yawned. "...we still need to find Yggdrasill a crew, you now."

Toshiro nodded. "True...I have to figure out how I'd pay the crew as well...hey...do you want to be a member of the crew, or just live on the ship?"

Toshiro was headed to the warehouse, calling a number at a public terminal on the way. He was arranging for the escape pod to go to the warehouse.

"This is still your escape pod...even if it will be stored in my storage space."

(JP with Sekiko)

"I have no use for it, and no desire for it." Mizuho spoke quite plainly. "Next time I wander into Mishhu space alone, I'll remember to remove the escape pods from my vessel first to avoid a repeat of this mishap."

Toshiro looked deeply saddened by this, and looked into Mizuho's eyes. "Captain, what can be done to make it so you DON'T want to kill yourself?"

"I don't wish to kill myself, and even so, I am incapable of it. A defense mechanism in my mind, I suspect. I wish to find death, but that is entirely different. You would do well to remember that. And my name is Mizuho. I am not a captain. I failed at that thrice already." There was a curt sharpness to her voice, Mizuho narrowed her eyes momentarily. "You don't understand, and until you do, don't try to analyze me."

Yaichiro seemed saddened. "I don't understand at all...but I have to wonder if that is truly a bad thing, not knowing...Come on, I'll show you the warehouse!"

"If you wish to." Mizuho followed after him, allowing him to drop the subject as easily as he brought it up. Well, she brought it up, but to her there was nothing remotely unusual about speaking of death in so offhand and happy a manner. She had, after all, made several fruitless efforts to end her life insofar, and had every intention to make another as soon as the chance came.

Soon, they arrived at a nice warehouse, which actually seemed to be under guard. There was a transport which was already placing the escape pod on the elevator. "I rent the second floor. It's a nice deal, too. Only 110 KS a month! It's where I store the stuff I want to keep, but not on the Yggdrasill."

With that, Toshiro stepped onto the lift and waited for her, indicating to the guards that she was with him.

"110. That seems to be better than fair." Mizuho nodded lightly. She wasn't terribly interested, but one could scarce tell - she looked and sounded no different than ever, the impassive fatalism still clinging to her voice. "Have you found anything of interest lately?"

"Well, yeah, a few things. A Ship's airlock for one...a Mishhu weapon system of some sort...and the Yui 4 I mentioned before, but I returned that to the Star Army." Yaichiro walked into a HUGE area...it would hold a great deal of materials. There was an office on the near end with a salvaged view screen, and the Escape Pod was already in place.

[Goddamn post-eating message boards! I shall fucking slay them all!]

"A Mishhu weapon system?"

That piqued Mizuho's interest. Which was, of course, not terribly surprising - she had devoted much of her recent life to dying at the wrong end of such a weapon - but, it piqued her interest, something Toshiro really had not managed to do since meeting her. She didn't pay much attention to anything he said after 'weapon system', her focus being well-established, and she scarcely noticed the escape pod being placed.

"Could I see it?"

Toshiro looked to Mizuho and nodded, bringing her to a Mishhu Weapon pod's Particle Beam Cannon. Setting on top of it were the two vibrating eggs from the first run.

"This is the pile for things I don't quite understand just yet...but I think it's a Particle Beam of some kind...as for those egg-like things, I think they are gyroscope vibration testers or from a type of kenteic device. I found them at Nepleslia."

Mizuho coughed.

"Actually... those eggs are... ahm..." She grinned. Toshiro's naiveté was beyond the ken of 'amusing'. It was getting to the point of, he had clearly never actually set foot on Yamatai. "They vibrate to stimulate sexual pleasure in the female body. I could offer you a demonstration, but... I do not like chrome eggs much..."

Her attention had already turned back to the particle cannon. "...yes, I would call your analaysis on the weapon correct. That could have rended Kyuseki-Teien apart disturbingly easily."

Toshiro looked at Mizuho, his face a bit red.

"Oh...I see...Erm...how powerful is this Particle Beam cannon, anyway?"

"Destructive enough that Star Army spent vast amounts of time and energy reverse-engineering and emulating it. In some ways, Mishhu particle cannons can match Aether." Mizuho wasn't sure on specifics, her own combat experience with the Mishhu was somewhat lacking. And involved, mostly, the destruction of Kyuseki-Teien, and the survival that her instincts had forced upon her. Despite her best efforts. "A beautiful piece of technology, though I'm not terribly versed in the technical aspects of... any of it. I was a tactician."

Toshiro looked at her, surprised, and thought for a moment...

"...I wonder if it'd be worth pursuing putting it on the Yggdrasill then to supplement the D-Gun...I'll need to study it very closely, though...I suppose I'll take it to my quarters and study it on the ride to Nepleslia. That's where I'm headed next to salvage, though I likely won't be headed planetside. I'm only going to the Nepleslian Debris Ring."

"I'm personally astonished Star Army let you keep such a weapon." Mizuho looked rather notably amused. If Star Army was willing to give civilians extremely powerful weapons, that was their fuckup. "Did you report it to them..? I'd not want you to deal with legal implications unnecessarily, it's best to report such a finding. If they don't say a word, I'd say you're in perfect rights to turn it on one of their bloody ships, if the need arises."

Sedition! It's what's for dinner.

Toshiro looked at her, surprised she would even suggest such a rebellious act.

"Mizuho-san, I found this on the same run as I did the Yui 4. I reported this, and a vial of hemosynthetic blood which was taken to identify one of the dead. They also scanned my ship to make sure that I didn't have anything else that would fall under restricted technology, or anything plague-ridden. I made sure they were WELL aware that I had such a device."

Toshiro then smiles. "Furthermore, this planet is the home of the Fifth XF. Every ship that so much as approaches this planet is thoroughly scanned. The Star Army is well aware that I have this device, and would alert me if I had ANY technology that was restricted that I may neglect to mention. In addition, I make SURE and check before it even comes to that. I don't want legal trouble either...oh, on another note, salvage around this planet is possible, but restricted. Just a heads up."

Toshiro then adds the Escape Pod to the manifest, but adds that it belongs to Mizuho, and is merely stored there. "Well...that's about all...how about we go back to space? I'm going to Nepleslia, but you can stay here or come with. You have a place to sleep either way."

[Apologies for being a bit slow; I am trying to keep up with Yggdrasill. <_<]

"Nepleslia?" Mizuho's distaste was quite evident as she spoke. "...can you hammer a pruning spike through my skull too, for good measure?"

Ah, that may have seemed a bit melodramatic, but Mizuho had some bad experiences with Nepleslians. And those bad experiences were really not helping an already hostile disposition towards Nepleslia in general. Still, being in space again was preferable to staying on this sterilized Star Army bastion called Taiie. At least on Nepleslia there was no Yamataian military to look down their noses at her...

...just Nepleslian military to inform her that she was breaking law and treaty by being there, and was to be punished with mandatory labor in a Funky City harem. Yep.

"...mreh. I suppose I'll go."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…