• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Sector 18K Nexus Space Station

S

Samanthia

Sector 18k Space Station
Day 1: Arrival

Once Errowyn had made the jump into ftl, there was pretty much nothing to do, except sleep, eat and keep the craft on course. Also time to reflect on her past. Which wasn't much.

Eventually she arrived and easing into one of the many maintenance hanger bays for small crafts. She rolled the big hanger bay lined with ships of all sizes, being worked on. Those that owned the ships or were crew to them, stopped and watched the sleek Kawarime ease by being guided by a wheeled vehicle and a guide standing in back with lighted wands for guidence to her slot.

She stopped the craft and another vehicle was waiting for her. It hooked up a towbar to the front nose wheel/landing strut. And then backed the Kawarime into the slot assigned for it. As that was happening, Errowyn raised the canopy and began unstrapping. She rose from the cockpit with her bagged trash and then floated to the deck as the tow vehicle unhooked the towbar from her craft and drove off.

She grabbed a anti-grav cargo sled and moved back to her Kawarime as the Deck Boss approached her. "Welcome back, Hellcat." The Grizzled veteran Kodak rumbled to her looking over the sleek craft. "I finally get to have my paws on your craft?"

"Unfortunately yeah. Needs a major overhaul, Benjiman," Errowyn spoke pulling out the crates and staking them on the Cargo Sled. "A lot of parts are getting worn out and need replacing." She paused in her work and looked at him. "Kinda got delayed in my travels and fell into a sweet deal." She smiled up at the big Bear.

"I hope so. This is gonna cost you." Bejiman spoke and fell quiet when he saw what was in the crate. Gold Coins. "Percentage pure?" Keeping his big pawlike hands to himself.

"Average around 95% pure." Errowyn spoke as she strapped the crates to the Sled. She looked up at him after she programmed the Sled's AI to follow her. "And I figure to get enough and then some to get this craft up high standards." She looked pointedly at him.

"You know me so well." The big Kodak rumbled with a chuckle. "I'll get my crew on it right away!" She gave a signal and a electric powered maintenance rig showed up with crew. "Full treatment for this bird! And do a very good job!" He growled menancingly. He turned to her and walked along side of her, heading to the lifts. "So my little kitten. Have you found a man yet?"

Errowyn nodded with a smile." Yeah. More machine. But all right parts are flesh still." Getting a rumble of chuckle from the Kodak. "Maybe I can sweet talk you into a place to stay?" Lowering the zipper on her flight suit abit, letting see flesh.

"How long you going to be staying?" Benjiman pondered aloud in his low rumbling voice.

"Till the job on my Kawarime meets my demanding standards. At least two weeks minimum." Errowyn spoke entering the elevator with him and her cargo sled.

Benjiman nodded as he listened. "Contract?" He asked curious as they moved through the station to the desinated levels. "I could put in a good word with the Station's Council. Get free munitions and tech work if you want to hire on."

Errowyn laughed softly, "Specially when you are on the council also." She hugged the Kodak. She felt his heavy paw-like hand rest on her shoulder.

"Little Kitten Cub. You know me so well. Come and take up residence in my suite of rooms!" Bejiman spoke and then sent a text message down to the tech crew to treat her Kawarime with the best possible care in the universe, or they will become his next meal. He took a spare keycard and slipped it between her breast. "I'll want that back." They rose up through the levels to his deck and they walked down the pristine clean corridors that had doors leading to private residences and meeting room of the Upper Echelon of the station.

Benjiman looked down at her a bit puzzled, but he did like the new Errowyn. Something good must've happened to her to make her more friendlier to him.

Day 2

Errowyn moved through the station with credit slip after selling off the crates of gold coinage. It was time for shopping as her Kawarime was going through a overhaul in the Stations Maintenance Setection. She had given Benjiman his payment in full, plus additional payment for some upgrades. She worked her way through the Promenade, looking over the various shops and their goods. She still had good amount left over from her Gold sales to the Station, plus what Cyrus had given her.

She hit the local shop that sold high end computers that seam to make it out this far, through either piracy, shipments by Free Spacers from salvage. Or people selling stuff to get out of debt. She entered the shop and began browsing through the merchandise offered. She filled up the shopping cart with the latest in laptops and and various other prepherials. Scanners, Printers of the same brand so that they would be all compatible.

She had to watch what she would have to buy. Unless of course she could have it shipped. She would have to ship the missiles for her Kawarime and Defensive Measures packages. Way Uso was acting on her last trip here, sounded like she wanted to keep her little feifdom quiet till totaly entrenched and brought up speed in high tech. At least advanced enough to defend others with same thought or to muscle in on what she had started.

Errowyn bought the stuff she had gathered and had it delievered to Benjiman's Apartments so she could pack it in the crates she used to ship the gold coins in.

She moved on to the next store that sold medical supplies and picked up several arasol cans of Synth Flesh for Cyrus Cybernetics. Then off to the cybernetic shop to see if she could find a replacement eye for Cyrus that pretty much did the same thing.

Once her purchases was done for the day and well deserved meal. She headed headed down to the Maintenance levels to work on her Kawarime and to oversee the progress. And to learn as much as she could about it so she could repair it when needed.

Day 3

Errowyn hung out at her Kawarime, giving a lending hand when needed. She loved her Kawarime and what it represented to her. Freedom. Yet on the long jumps, it was her prison of solitary confinment. She was a social creature even though she was designed to fight for the protection survivality of the Star Empire she was assigned to protect. Even if it meant to die over and over and over till Yamatia Star Empire won. She was developing a love for living. Being with people. Even for the pleasures of physical intimacies.

"Hey! Wakey wakey! Or the bear wore ya out, Kitten?" One of the techs yelled to her, breaking her from her dreaming. "Toss me that cutter!"

Errowyn grabbed the Cutter and handed it to the Tech that asked for it. "Naw. Was thinking on something." She smiled up at the Tech as he took the cutter from her.

He leered at her feminine form covered by her form hugging skinsuit she wore underneath her coveralls. That the top half was tied around her waist. "Yeah .. Yeah. That is what they all say.." The Techs laughed at her turning bright red.

A female techie smiled at her. "Don't worry about these lugs. Benji is a great lover and he keeps his fur sooooo delisiously soft..." Dreamily. "Don't get too comfortable with him. He'll have another wench by nightfall. Of find yourself sharing with another woman." They all laughed, including Errowyn just for the comradery they was showing her as she turned even a brighter red.

"Look what you've done now!" Another Tech spoke up. "Revieled her deepest desires!" Another round of laughter as Errowyn threw the dirty rag she had at the Tech.

"For yur information. I've slept with a woman." Errowyn shot back while secretly wondering if it meant something else like sharing intimate pleasures.

"Ooooooo we got a worldly kitten here!" The female tech spoke up as they laughed and giggled while they worked. "I just wonder how worldly?" Giving Errowyn a lustful look as she licked her lips.

"Fine!" Errowyn spoke in an irrated voice. "Come and find me if you want to find out." Errowyn stalked off to a bunch of laughter at her back.

"Where will you be, Kitten?" The Female Techie yelled at her back, calling her bluff. Then laughed as Errowyn raised her fist with the middle finger raised as she seen the Rag-Mercs do to each other.

"Whiskers Bar!" Errowyn yelled over her shoulders at the Female Tech as she lowered her hand down to her side.

Silence from the crew was her only responce as she moved to the elevators to head on up the Promenade. Errowyn had some places to visit before her date if the Female Techie showed up.

Day 4

Errowyn woke up in strange quarters. She sat up and looked around the bedroom. She felt the cool air of the room against warm torso as she felt the sheets shift to the right. Eyes followed the movement to land on the female tech that was working on her Kawarime. Her memories came flooding back. She smiled and slipped from the bed to get cleaned up.

She was lost in thought as she got cleaned up wondering if Benjiman really shared his bed with other women, when the screen opened to the shower and stepped in Tamara, the female tech that was working on her Kawarime. They hugged and then helped each other get clean. Tamara told Errowyn of all the better places to shop. Who to get to know and befriend.

Errowyn listened asshe finished up and stepped out of the shower, taking note of the bigger fluffy towels. She smiled even she would've used the smaller towels on display if it weren't for the bigger towels appearing. They dried each other off and then retired back to the bedroom to get dressed for the day.

Errowyn departed Tamara's quarters along with Tamara as they went there seperate ways. First for her was to get stored her latest goods she had bought yesterday and check up on her stuff in Benjiman's apartment. She secured her purchases and smiled. At least one crate was getting full of luxury items that she had taken for granted.

Now came the fun shopping for herself. A little bit of home. Music she liked. A bunch of scented soaps that were environment friendly since she had to bath in the lake to get clean. Some 'How to do it yourself' books that would come handy for some projects she could work on to expand her skill base and make her cabin a bit more liveable.

She moved from shop to shop enjoying the time and just simply spending money, when she spotted a clothing shop that sold women's apperal that catered to romantic wear to entice that man in your life. On a whim she entered and began to browse the selection they had. It was almost like being back on a civilized world. She thought of Uso and Ivory. She bought different colored feminine outfits that would make Victoria's Secrets proud. She had them wrapped and marked with a little card so that she knew what went to whom.

Leaving the shop she added the purchases to her crate that followed on grav-sled that followed her. Errowyn was in high spirits and humming soft more soft tunes, she enjoyed. Hitting a few more shops.

Then the rest of the day was spent working on her Kawarime with the Techs.

Day 5

Errowyn walked down the line of small spaces ship from small frieghters to crafts like her's. From pleasure yatchs to Runners of all makes and sizes. She set the tray of coffee and snacks on the workbench near her Kawarime. She gave a soft giggle, then yelled out to the Tech crew that was re-assembling her Kawarime after replacing a lot of worn out parts with brand new parts freshly manufactored. New state of the art electrical components. Data transfered into the newer systems and more streamlined for faster responces.

The tech crew took a break and gathered around the drinks and snacks. They thanked Errowyn for the refreshments. She smiled her welcome. She inspected their work with them looking on. She was impressed. These guys were good.

"How much longer?" Errowyn spoke, rejoining the Tech Crew. She helped herself to a snack.

"We're looking at two or three days." The Senior Tech spoke up after taking sip to help him swallow. "Then we'll need you to go for a test run. Another day." He looked thoughtful. "5 days max. If everything meets specification."

Errowyn nodded. "Sounds good." Then looked over the maintenance logs of the work done and parts been replaced. The Senior Tech moved next to her and explained the running log. She did the math and so far things were running well within her budget. She may have a chance at some profit.

Day 6

Errowyn ran through her usual routine of checking up on her Kawarime, shopping for much needed items. Making arrangements for a major shipping of goods. Mainly missiles for her Kawarime. The lighter anti-armor missiles that had a powerful punch, but not like Hellfire Missiles for heavily armored ships, fortifide positions and ground vehicles.

She couldn't believe all the running around she had to do. Just to support her craft when before all she had to do was just kick back and stay inshape and keep up her stanima, endurance and unarmed fighting skills. Maybe it was a good thing she was just a Joto-hei in the Star Army of Yamatai. At least she had the support of others for her craft. She knew she was forgetting a lot of things. But being one person, a lot of things slipped through her mind.

She went to the stations recreational facilities to workout and lose herself in some highly active sport to feel the burn of her body pushing itself through exercise and fun. Maybe she could find a sparing partner to keep up her unarmed combat skills in a friendly sparing match or a Dojo to work out in. She knew her time was limited due to the fact she still had to return for her gear.

Then she still had to get back to Star Army HQ to make her report of her journey. She stood up and moved to the view port to look out into the far reaches of space. She had to weigh the pro's and con's of her choices. If she went back to 188604, she would be in position to act as Liaison with SAoY. Or be taken back as a prisoner to face the Tribunal. Or resume her journey of long ftl jumps, living by her wits and care of her Kawarime till she ran across any SAoY Fleet vessel or Base and turn herself in.

If they made a copy of herself from the last Back-up she had. Was she AWOL? Or concidered a free agent? Errowyn sighed softly and got dressed for the remainder of the day and headed on out for a bite to eat.

Day 7

Queen's Slave / 18k Station

"Hey put your backs into it!" He called as he hauled in 2 more crates of gold as the others loaded the food and barrels of water. "Let's go I have a schedule to keep." He said setting the his crates down and wiping away a bead of sweat. He sighed as the crew finished up loading the crates. He walked off and sat down in his room. He looked to his computer and thought for a moment. After a few moments later he made up his mind and placed a vid call Errowyn. The Computer flashed. 'Connection Pending...'

When Errowyn landed on 18K Station. She was registered within the computer banks and location where she was staying. When the signal was processed through the Stations communication centers. It signaled in the suite of rooms belonging Benjiman. On his end, a Kodak animation appeared "Call connected. a waiting occupant to answer." the Kodak animation responded. A few seconds

Errowyn reached out and hit accept button. She looked up at the screen, seeing Cyrus. "Hi Cyrus. What up? Did you guys get kicked off planet?" She smiled at him. She was some halter top was seen from her position. She was laying on a big fluffy bed, propped up on her elbows and pillows.

He looked at her and smiled. "Hey baby." He said tilting his head. "No I didn't get kicked off world yet. I am being sent out to recruit ships for Uso's new fleet." he said leaning back in his chair with a sigh. "I swear the minute you leave everything goes to shit..." He said only half joking.

"Oh well.. It looks like I am going to be here for at 5 more days. Then I will be heading back. Miss my expertise air support?" Errowyn looked serious at Cyrus. "Or Raphael still searching for Julie?"

Cyrus rolled his eye. "Yep... to both." He said frowning. "I have some men forcing him to stay in the palace while I am off." He said running a hand through his hair. "Hey, enough about work. Having fun over there?" He asked, a soft smile touching the corner of his mouth.

"Its a good thing I destroyed any written documents and transfered the all electronic data to my Kawarime before I took off." Errowyn smiled, "I am living the life of luxury here. Benjiman giving me free lodging. He likes the gold coins I'm paying him. He has made quite a profit so far. Havent even touched what you gave me yet." Errowyn stood up, reviling she was wearing a nice simple dress. She moved to a chair and flopped down on it. It made her look like a little girl.

He looked at her thoughtfully. "I am glad you are enjoying yourself. Use that money I gave you, I want you to have fun." He said with a smile. He paused for a moment as something hit him. "By the way, who is Benjiman?" He asked curiously.

"A Kodak. Senior Tech and sits on the Stations Council. He runs the techs here on 18k." Errowyn smiled as she curled up on the chair. She smiled widely. "A friend I rescued from a bad situation. So when ever I come to the station. He lets me use his apartment."

"Awesome." He said with a smile. "Glad you have some friends out there to look after you." He said smirking. "Knowing you, you would have gotten in trouble all ready." He said teasing.

"Gotta live up to my combat nick, Hellcat." She smiled. "Got the synthflesh for you. Anything else you be needing for me to get?"

He looked down for a moment debating. "Yeah actually. There is a jewler on that station who should be holding a package for me. Mind picking that up?" He asked.

"No problem. Jewelers name?" She asked looking curiously at him.

"Jason." He said softly. "Tell him I need that special piece I asked him to make." He said rubbing his head. "Here is his location." He said shooting the data over to her. "Thank you. This really means a lot to me. That piece is special..."

Errowyn looked at the data and scowled. "Ugh...." then looked thoughtful, "I will have to get tomorrow. This way I will be armed. You sure have friends in very low places." She copied the info down.

Cyrus shugged. "You know me. I shouldn't be allowed near high society... Dogs of war such as we..." He said reciting an old poem.

Errowyn listened to him recite the poem. "Well as long as I'm still part of SAoy. I'm expendable and replaceable. If I havent been already." She smiled cheeky at him. "I'll see what I can do. If you're heading out with the Queen Slave. Pick me up a bunch of 9X Anti-ship/Armor Hellfires. Keep track of expendatures and I will reemburst you for them."

He shook his head. "Don't worry about it. Just call us even for getting the package for me." He said looking deadily serious. "I had a ring made of all my fallen squadmates' dog tags. Each name is enscribed on the inside. It means the world to me. I had to go routing around for years to find them all." He said looking at her.

"So this Jasons, is holding this for you?" Errowyn spoke softly. She looked reflective with veteran combat stare of being there and losing teamates. "Concider it secured."

He smiled softly. "Thank you E." He said with genuine gradatude.

Just then the big Kodian entered and walked by between her and the camera. "Whose the Neppy?" Giving Cyrus a long stare with his eyes and showing some fang.

"That is Cyrus. Merc Leader I am providing Air support for him and his men." Errowyn spoke. He nodded and continued on out of camera and mic pick-up. "That is Benjiman." She gave a smile. "He is Ex-Star Army."

Cyrus looked back at the Kodian, noting the fangs. "Seems like a lovely fellow." He said half joking.

"He has a heart of gold. Used to work on my Kawarime when I was aboard the Heiten." Errowyn spoke softly. "Gone through so many Kawarimes till I got my act together." She gave a chuckle at herself, remembering all the times she brought back a heavily shot up craft.

Cyrus smiled. "Good thing he is watching you." He smiled. "Seems protective." He noted as he leaned back in his chair.

"Yeah. Everyone of us called him Pappa Bear. Specially us pilots. Gaves us the riot act, but was there giving his best to make sure we had the crafts to fly and fight the Mith." Errowyn looked in the direction he was heading. Then looked at Cyrus. "Hate to cut this short on your dime. But he probably need the comlink for his job here on the Station."

Cyrus nodded. "I understand babe." He said looking thoughtful. He kissed two fingers and held them to the screen. "I will see you later."

Errowyn blow him a kiss and killed the connection.

"Link Terminated" Came over Cyrus's screen. He sighed and stood flipping off the lights and walking out of the room.

Day 8

Errowyn dressed in jeans and boots, tank top. She had her side arm at her side within reach. She left the apartment and caught the lift down into the rougher section of the 18k Space Station. She moved through what looked like slums of gutted and fire scarred rooms and trash everywhere under foot. Everyone was armed with some sort of weapon that moved in packs through the corridors looking the next score. Drugs, Sex, and guns could be bought. Even a few back alley slave markets.

Those that were legit, moved with purpose whether singly or in pairs. Definitely armed and weren't afraid to use it in defense of self. Errowyn moved with graceful predatory grace. She ignored the catcall and slutty remarks aimed at her. She had more important business to tend to. Being openly armed, stayed a lot of hands and unwanted attention towards her as she kept to the heavily populated corridors and passages ways. The more civilized corridors that were patrolled by the Stations Security Forces.

Bars were abundant mingled in with small business that catered to the unsavory of nature. Restaurants were few and far between. She looked around her as she moved deeper into the section. Big ID-Sols roamed about looking for stuff to improve their physical stature or that one item that'll make a difference. Mercs from all species moved about looking tough and a few were even fighting off in alleys over 'Their Turf' for recruitment.

Errowyn smiled slightly at spotting her destination. Jason's Pawn and Jewelry. She moved through the crowd, enjoying the rougher element as she was pretty much left alone since she was armed and kept hand on the pistol grip. She entered Jason's Pawn & Jewelry to the chime activated by the door opening and closing. She moved through the weapons looking over what is offered.

From knives to combat daggers from across the know universe. Pistols to rifles that only power armored people could wield or an ID-Sol. There was a section of personal vest-like armor. Form fitting to either gender and race. Some plain to the god-awful gaudy bejeweled stuff that made a professional soldier wonder or be totally insane to wear. Definitely perfect for the ego-maniac self styled Warlord. She snickered at imagining Cyrus wearing that.

"May I help you?" An elderly man, more machine than organic spoke drawing her attention to him.

Errowyn looked at him. "Do people actually buy that?" Pointing to the Bejeweled Armor.

"Yeah. Sold several to a few Self Proclaimed Warlords who wanted to make a splash on how successful they are." The Propieter leaned on the counter that separated him and the customers.

"I'm looking for Jason. Would he be available?" Errowyn moved closer to the man.

"I'm he and available." Jason spoke looking her over from head to toe. "Whose asking?" Getting a lustful look on his face as he admired her sleek feminine physique.

"Hellcat. I'm here to pick up a consignment from a friend." Errowyn moved closer and coming to a stop a few feet away from the counter.

"Who is this friend?" Jason asked, becoming more wary and business like, watching her approach and stop. "Interesting name for a Neko."

"Fighter pilot." Errowyn simply responded. "As for my friend. Cyrus." She hoped Jason wouldn't ask for a last name.

"Last name?" Jason perked up as he stood up from the counter.

"Huh... good question. All I know he's from an iceball planet called New Belfast and is in charge of a Paramilitary Company called the 'Ragnoraks." Errowyn spoke calmly as the ball was now in his court, whether to do business on the behalf of Cyrus.

Jason looked thoughtful, seeing that she wasn't trying to pull a fast one on him. "What does he look like?" Watching her intently.

Errowyn pulled out a picture of him and Raphael, smiling into a camera, looking all impressive in some base camp of the Nepleslian Army. She showed that to him. But keeping a hold of it. "That is his friend, Raphael."

"Okay. so you know him. What is his consignment, you're to pick up for him?" Jason nodding as he gave her the benefit of the doubt, but just incase giving her one more test to see if she was legit.

"A ring made of dog tags from his friends, acquaintances and subordinates he served with that fallen in combat to be remembered." Errowyn spoke softly and with reverence.

Jason looked shocked at hearing such intimate information concerning the 'Ring' that Cyrus had him make for him. He nodded slowly for only himself and Cyrus knew such details. "So be it." Jason turned from the counter as he kept an eye on her. For a Neko, she was a pretty one and to know Cyrus that deeply. She must be special to him for he would take that information to the grave with him.

Errowyn returned the look that Jason gave her, not shying away as she watched him disappear back into another room. She could remember her flight wing herself Ernesto, Anne, Silo, a few others she flew with. She was raw, yet fitted in with them nicely even with her hell-bent ways and style in fighting.

Jason returned shortly with the ring case and handed it over to her. "Make sure he receives it. Cause I know him, he'd would never stop hunting your cat-ass down to retrieve it."

"I'll have him call you when he gets it." Errowyn pocketed the Ring case after making sure it was the 'Ring of Remembrance' was in there.

He watched her check as he listened to her. He liked Errowyn and if Cyrus trusted her with his ring. She must be special. "Do that." Then he had her sign for it, saying she picked it up on his behalf.

Errowyn left the shop with his eyes following her every move till the door behind shut. She returned back the way she came and headed to back up to the civilized section.

Day 9 :: Departure

18K Space Station

Errowyn smiled as she checked on her Kawarime. It was sitting there looking almost brand new. Only thing was missingwas her Jumpdevice that she normally had mounted on the missile pod hardpoints. She looked at the Senior Tech. "Huh? How am I to get back.."

"We moved the device into the Kawarime. But unfortunately you lost your back seat to make room." The tech spoke motioning her to take a look.

She climbed up and took a look as the Tech climbed up on the other side to point out what they did. "We streamlined the device so you still can store stuff. But not a lot. We put in more shielding between it and the Jump Device."

Errowyn looked at the remaining space, it was just enough room for her Daisy. But it would be a pain in the butt to get in place and remove it. "I would kinda like the to have the extra space for the longer jumps." She looked at him. She liked the idea and placement as it freed up the missile pods on her craft.

"We can always remove it." He smiled, then laughed as she shook her head no.

Errowyn smiled, "I see the value of keeping my hardponts free." She climbed down off the scaffolding to continue her checks on her craft and the Senior Tech joined her to show all of the work that had been done to her craft. She paid attention as he spoke. She took peeks at his cues to her. "5 is all done?" She looked at him when they finished the inspection.

"Yup. All done." He spoke to her as he signaled the tech crew to remove the scaffolding that surrounded her Kawarime.

Space ::

Cyrus was stirred by his alarm going off. He pulled up his HUD in his cyber eye to see that he was approaching 18K Space Station. He groaned and rolled over walking to the cockpit. He grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down. The three day trip was a tad difficult as he was flying solo. He had flown the Queen's Slave only a few times before and flying three days straight by himself was a mess. Not to mention 3 days of solitude.

Cyrus shook the tiredness out of his eyes and opened up a comm link to the station. "18K Control, this is Queen's Slave. Requesting permission to dock."

"Queens Slave, 18K. Cleared for docking in Hanger Bay 234. Look for the lit up entrance." Came the disinterested voice back over the Queens Slave radio speaker.

"Roger Control, Queen's Slave out." He said cutting the link. He scanned the station and found the lit up bay. He slowed the ship to a near crawl, not wanting to break anything.

Several minutes later, the slowest landing in the station's history was over. Cyrus sighed as he lowered the cargo ramp and walked down and onto the deck.

Those watching the Queens Slave, shook their heads at the amaturish flying. But returned to business as the Security passed by Cyrus, giving a cursery glance at him and the ship to see what they could see. It was just a routine cursery checks to show of force to keep ship crew inline. A few of the big Security Force personnel of mixed species, Nepleslian ex-soldiers and ID-Sols with a few Abdwerhans mixed in the bunch. One that was senior, just pointed towards the exit where it was the quickest to leave the hanger without entering the flight path between the rows of parked ship of varous sizes.

Cyrus nodded to the man and walked down the ramp. As he walked the ramp slowly closed till Cy heared the hiss of the door shutting. Cyrus walked along seeing the sites. He grabbed a new coffee and used his cyber eye to ping 5. "Let's see if she is still here..."

5 returned the ping in responce with nothing following. But also alerted Errowyn that someone pinged the craft. Errowyn paused and felt the alert through the vibration of the remote she kept on her. She floated up to the cockpit to check who pinged her craft. She looked at the data. She gave a quick smile at recognizing the frequency. She floated back down to the deck. She knew she had a few days to keep her Kawarime in the Bay where she had her craft parked.

Cyrus smiled as 5 pinged back. He walked, sipping his coffee, and attempted to find the bay that Errowyn's craft was in. After several tries he finally walked into the the correct bay, looking like he had been hit with a freight train. He hadn't sleep well in three days, but when he saw Errowyn, it looked like Cyrus got hit with a huge round of stimulants.

"Hey! You! You got a ship in here?" Two big ID-Sol Security appeared from between to Maintanence bays cutting off Cyrus advancement into the bay. "If not turn your happy arse around and leave." They came to a stop a few feet out of his reach, blocking his view deeper into the hanger and his view of Errowyn by her Kawarime.

Cyrus's eye flashed with annoyance. He scanned the two and scowled. "Boys it has been a long three days. I have flown for three days straight, and get this meat heads, but I am not a fucking pilot. My pilot is over there, and she happens to be my girlfriend. Now if you two want to shove off and get the bloody hell out of my way I would greatly apperciate it..." He said using his drill Sgt voice.

"Name? And wait in the waiting area." The Big ID-Sol Security Officer spoke as he pointed back the way Cyrus came. "We all have our girl friends all ...."

"Boys what Shaik were you in?" Cyrus interupted.

"Homeguard," The other one sneered. "4th if it any concern of yours. Just wait in the waiting area."

"I was 1st Shaik, 1st Division, 12th Brigade, 2nd Regement, 1st Squadron." He rambled off. "But most know us as the Reapers. You know the ones who were directly contoled by the permier? The ones who recived the best equipment and traning..." He rolled his hand 360 degrees. "But, that isn't why we are remembered. We are remembered because we are the ones who went in before," He poked the ID-SOL in the chest. "You behemoths went in. We are the reasons you would find mulated corpses all over the battlefeild. We were the reason Mishu were currled up in balls and traumatized. Becuase the shit we done ain't nice. Look at what happened to me and I lead the damn thing." He said motoing to his torn up limbs and face. "Now if you have no idea who the Reapers were, fair enough. You were in the 4th..." He said with distain. "Us in the first were making you fucking job a breeze. But, if you have heard of us and the things we have done..." He moved closer and put a metal finger to the ID-SOL throat. "Then get the fuck out of my way..."

"War hero or not. You still have to wait out there." ID-Sol not backing down.

Cyrus sighed. "Fine..."

Everyone that was in the bay, paused to see what was about to happen. It was rare that Security showed themselves. But if you didnt have a ship in the bay. It was simple. You didnt enter. You paged or had one of the employees go deliever a message. Or called ahead. Errowyn took a look to see what was happening. She thought she heard a familiar voice. She moved to a new position to see past the two security officers. She shook her head at seeing Cyrus trying to bully his way past the guard. And several more Security Guards approaching from the flanks. "Excuse me." She spoke to the Tech and strolled casually up.

"You need to wait in the waiting area," Errowyn made her presence known by speaking. She motioned him to follow her out of the Hanger bay into the waiting area.

Cyrus threw a "Sorry about that..." Look to Errowyn and shoved his way passed the guards behind him.

The guards let him past them, as she moved next to him, "What brings you out this way? Trouble back on 188604?" Exiting the big hanger bay to the more quieter waiting area.

Cyrus sighed and dropped into one of the chairs in the waiting room. "No, I was passing by. I am trying to find Captians and ships for Uso' new fleet and your station was on the way... Hey I'm sorry about that. I hadn't sleep well in days. How the hell do you fighter jocks do it?" He asked downing the rest of his coffee.

"We just go with the flow. And Sleep. If we cant sleep. bring plently of mind entertainment along with us. Like school courses, research projects, music." She sat next to him. "Dont tell me you flew by yourself?

"Yes I did." He said proudly...ish

"If knowing you. You brought the Queens Slave?" She shook her head. "I'd brought at least a few people to keep me company." She gave a soft giggle. "I am finished here. Want me to tag long? I can piggyback my Kawarime, like I did for the move to 188604."

Cyrus threw his back. "Please god, make her tag along." He teased. "Flying is so hard. You should have seen the looks I got landing that giant brick..." He said looking to her. "I am fairly certain that I will be the talk of the station within a few hours it was so bad."

"Few hours? Try faster that the speed of light. I heard of some rookie landing in the hanger bay 234." Errowyn smiled. "Flying is easy. takig off is easy. Landing.. Different story. Unless you never done it before. Maybe I better come along." Errowyn gave one of her soft laughs at his misfortune. "You can help me move some of my purchases onto the Queens Slave." She stood up to leave.

"Ouch... Harsh..." He said groaning as he stood. He grabbed Errowyn by the waist and pulled her in close to him. "Don't Think I would let you leave without this." He said pulling her in for a kiss. "Oh man I missed this..."

Errowyn returned the hug and kiss. "Anything new? or Uso still being paraniod about bringing other ship business?" She slipped from his embrace to leave.

He followed along behind her. "Like I said, shit hit the fan once you left."

"Ouch... How bad?" Errowyn led the way through the busy station. She nodded to a few friends she had made while making her rounds.

"Like we got visted by Freespacers and some weird bug race. Plus one of my Ragnarock mercs lost his shit on me and is currently sitting in the palace brig..."

"Bug Race?" She looked up at him. "Rixxikor that everyones talking about? Semi-looking roaches?"

"No, they called themselves the I'ee. They look like giant wasps that walk and talk." He shuddered. "Shit they still give me chills just thinking of them."

Errowyn face showed a brief flash of disbelief. But then Walking and talking Roaches fell into that catagory also. "Are they planning to settle there or just trade to move on?" Errowyn looking thoughtful as she and Cyrus entered an elevator to head up to the higher levels.

"Uso some how convinced them to build up Ragna-worlds infrastructure if you can belive that." He said following her into the elevator.

"What next? The Rixxikor?" Errowyn shook her head. "She allows a bug race in, but whont allow Freespacers to do business there." She sighed softly. "Do you know what their fleet consist of?" Thinking on more practical matters in defending a world against an invasion.

Cyrus leaned up against the wall of the elevator. He crossed his arm as he used his eye to project the image of the fleet he took from the bridge of the Queen's Slave. "By the way this is the second time I flew that damn thing." He said off handedly. It showed four gunships, the Dragoon escort, the Treasuery vessel, and the Utility vessel. "Had we went up against them we would have been royally screwed. So I have been working on a secret project. Only Uso and I know for now." He said switching to the schematics of the Gleipnir base. The five railguns easily seen inside the mountian.

Errowyn focused on the Iee fleet with interest committing it to memory to work out her stragaties. Then looked at the new diagram of this new Secret base. "Nice. And a good idea." She looked thoughtful as the lift came to a stop on her desired level and lead the way down a much quieter corridor on the station. "mmmmm..." Looking thoughtful as she stopped before a door and entered a keycard into a slot. The door opened to show a well furnished apartment for a Kodian. "I've your package from Jason." She motioned him wait in the main common room.

Cyrus closed out his designs and followed behind Errowyn. He stopped and looked around the room. "So this is what a Kodian appartment looks like..." He said to no one in particular. He slowly scanned the room as he waited.

A few minutes after Errowyn disappeared into a room off the main common room, She came back with a ring case she held out to him. "Here ya go. You need to call him and tell him you have received the ring."

Cyrus nodded and took the ring box. He silently opened the box and picked it up. The ring was a large signet ring withe the Nepleslian Marine Corp flag on the top and the names of all his fallen comrades inscribed along the sides of th ring. Undeneath the ring read. "For those who gave their all...The Reaper waits for thee" He twirled the ring between his fingers before sliding it over his right ring finger. "I call him later." He said softly placing the box in his pocket.

Errowyn watched him as he took a look at the ring he had made. She turned and let him have a few moments alone while she packed her stuff up along with the purchases she had made while on the station.

Cyrus sighed and looked to Errowyn. "Ready babe?" He asked moving to help her with her things.

Errowyn shoved a cargo sled before her with the stuff neatly crated and sealed. Straps held the cargo steady to prevent shifting. She was wearing her AIMES spacesuit with her flight helmet attached to her belt. "Lets go." She paused to place a sealed envelope on the Com-console. "Lets go." She set her keycard next to the envelope. "I have everything all settled. You need to secure this aboard the Queens Slave. I will meet you in space."

"Sure thing." He said giving her a quick kiss. "Thank you for getting the ring E." He added as he moved to leave

Errowyn left the Apartment of Benjiman with her cargo sled. This time she headed in a different direction that the one they took. Soon the Freight evelator showed up and she signalled it. A few minutes later it showed up and the doors opened. She shoved the loaded cargo sled inside and followed. "At least I have got 5 all situated for that dustball of a planet."

Cyrus walked back towards to the Queen's Slave following behind Errowyn and loaded up the cargo. "Well... let's give this a shot.." He said as he secured the cargo and prepared to take off.

Errowyn departed the Queens Slave and went to her Kawarime. After a few checks and settlment of the last minute debts. She took off in her Kawarime to meet up with Cyrus in the Queens Slave out in space. She flew around the space station 18K to the rendezvous location with the Queen Slave.

Cyrus made his pre flight checks and got clearence for take off. He took off slowly, manageing to not break anything on his way out. Still it took him far longer than it should have. He finally got far enough away and signaled Errowyn to dock with the Queen's Slave.

Errowyn responded back and soon settled her Kawarime on top of the F6. She exited the cockpit and quickly secured 5 to the Queens Slave. She did a double check and then cycled the airlock to enter the Queens Slave. Once inside, she moved to her cabin and changed into her standard shipboard coveralls. She joined Cyrus on the Bridge. "All secured. Want me to take over flying?"

Day 10 :: New Belfast (Ice ball)

"Yes please." He said jumping up and switching to the co-pilots seat. He plugged in and synced his systems. "Please tell me you didn't see my take off." He pleaded as he released control to Errowyn.

Errowyn took over the main pilots seat and looked at the course. "Where to?" She glanced at Cyrus once she was settled in her seat. She brought up the latest in star charts to program in the new course. "I will probably hear about it, when I visit 18K."

"Set course to New Belfast." He said pointing out the Iceball. "Need to head home. I know several captains in need of work." He said looking to her with a smile. "Back to the IceBall."

Errowyn shook her head at that place mentioned. "I hope you still have your cold weather gear." She soon had the Queens Slave heading in the proper direction and made the jump with ease. She set the autopilot to maintain course. Set the timer. " 48 hours flight." She locked the main helm down as she relaxed back in the pilots seat.

"I might still have something that fits you..." He said with a mischievous smirk. "You use any of the funds I gave you on anything?" He asked reaching out and holding her hand.

"Nope. I had enough and then some left over as profit. I spent on a few luxury items." she gave him a mysterious smile. "So you can have it back if you need it. I will need computer terminal and its all yours."

Cyrus laughed. "Did you not learn what a gift is? Keep it." He said softly giving her hand a squeeze. "What kind of luxury items we talking about?" He said smirking.

"You will see." Errowyn turned her attention back to the view of nothing. "Has your cooking improved?" She looked at him.

"Have you gotten cuter?" He teased as he stood an moved to the kitchen. "Let's go kitty." He teased again.

"Merrrow!" She teased back. Standing up and followed Cyrus to the kitchen.

Cyrus pulled out a few pots and pans, and pulled out all the seasoning he needed. "What would the lady like?" He asked starting the stove.

"Anything that isn't under cooked, or greasy." She settled at the table relaxed.

"The Errowyn Special coming up." He joked grabbing a pot and boiled some water... After he was done he prepared lobster with a light butter sauce and hand tossed salad. "Here you go sweet heart." He said passing a plate to her. He grabbed his own and set it down next to her. Then he grabbed two glasses and poured a, very expensive, white wine into the two glasses and placed them on the table. "Dig in."

Errowyn nodded and ate the food. She savored it immensity. "This is delicious!"

Cyrus swirled his wine in it's glass. "Only the best for you." He said taking a sip, and digging into his own food. "Enjoy your vacation?" He asked as he cracked a claw and tore the meat out.

Errowyn nodded as she had just stuffed food into her mouth and quickly ate it. She spoke softly, "It was quite relaxing, even though I spent more of time with 5. Toured the station which is quite huge as you can see." She broke loose more meat out of the shell. "Even found some things that would come in handy." She reached under the table into one of her cargo pockets on her coveralls and pulled out an aerosol can of Synth-flesh. "Here ya go. Just spray that over your metallic parts to make you seam more human." She rolled the can across the table to him.

Cyrus caught the can as it rolled off his end of the table. He inspected the can and smiled. "Thank ya E." He said tucking the can into his combat boots. "What else did ya pick up over there? He asked as he took another sip of wine.

"You will find out in due time," Errowyn just gave a smile that appeared fleetingly. Then took another bite of her food. "Anything new happening while I have been gone?" She looked at Cyrus as the ship sped through space on it course.

"Nothing besides what I have told you." He said. He took a bite of his food and sighed. "A lot of running around. Dealing with new invaders and the like. The place isn't as secret as it was in the beginning." He said holding his fork up to her. "That is what my new project is for." He said sitting back in his chair. "And that is why I am on this supply run. I need to get parts for the railguns."

"Whether Uso likes it or not. She is going have to allow tramp freighters to make deliveries here and pick ups." Errowyn spoke softly. "Benjiman introduced me to a ship captain with a large ship that I like. He seams a good candidate to be allowed for deliveries and pick-up from the planet."

"I will have to meet this pilot then." Cyrus said taking a huge gulp and downing his drink. He stood and grabbed some more, also turning and topping off Errowyn's glass. "We need to start getting ships in fast, plus Orbital defenses." He said as he sat back down and finished his food.

"Actually the guy is a Captain of his own ship. He is Ex-UOCPF along with the majority of his crew." Errowyn spoke, taking a sip of the wine along with the last of the meal. "I took a look at his ship. Plenty of Cargo space for major bulk hauling. I believe he knows about discretion. He needs funds to keep ship and crew."

"Then I will need to speak with this 'captain' soon." He said smiling.

"Depends on how long we are on New Belfast? I can have him meet us there and let you have a word with him." Errowyn smiled as she leaned back in her seat to enjoy the wine and being on a ship.

Cyrus nodded and picked up her plates and discarded the scraps. "Sure. I will meet em' on Icefall." He said as he cleaned the plates. "Tell him to meet us at the Hollow Point pub. I don't own it anymore, but I sold it to a friend. And he doesn't know about my secret room there." He said with a smile.

"Okay great." Errowyn smiled as she helped him clean up. Finishing off her wine. "I will be back. Gotta make my checks." She took off through the ship. Making sure things were stowed properly and taken direct readings from the console in the engineering section of the F6. She enjoyed the old freighter as it had a class of it own. It was nice not having to fight through the crowded ship of passenger like the first time she flew it to 188604.

Cyrus nodded and put the plates away. He grabbed a bottle of brandy and a cigar. He moved to the common area and sat down on the couch. He made himself a drink and chewed on his cigar. As he did he looked over the Synthflesh again. "At least I will look more human..." He said to no one in particular as he took a swig of his brandy.

After a few long minutes, the thumps of hatched being closed was heard. Errowyn shut the bulkhead doors and sealed them. Then inputted commands to store the air in the compartments that were not in use. She entered the lounge and sat at the computer and brought up her computer game she was playing. "Everything secured. Will we be picking up cargo? Passengers?" Giving Cyrus a glance as the game uploaded from storage and game disks.

Cyrus smiled. "Yes I will be picking up cargo, and maybe some people. I am also getting my own custom PA. Might have found my old Hostile Armor from back in the day. Way better than the cheapo Impulse armor." He said as he took a drink of his brandy. He offered her a glass. "Want some? Some of my stores from the bar."

"Maybe after we land. But right now. This wine is fine." She gave him a smile as the opening music played softly to the game. On the console screen was a medieval game fantasy game of "Swords and Sorcery". She picked up her barely touch glass of wine. It was obvious that she wasn't a drinker. She took a sip of wine as she got involved in her game. She was playing a male warrior, getting into scrapes and doing quest.

Cyrus watched with interest. "What's that?" He asked standing. He pulled a chair up next to her and he watched.

"A game of medeivil fantasy. Storyline is my character is after "Sacred Object" before the Evil Ones get it. As I do things, my character get tougher as it rises in levels." At a safe spot, Errowyn showed him her character stats, equipment, what he was worth in game wealth. and stuff she picked up along the way. "Right now my character it traveling to the next Questing Spot to continue his adventures." She showed him the quest list. There was a lot of green quests titles and one yellow. Rest were all red. "Green means I have finished the quest. yellow means my character is doing the quest. Red are the quest I haven't started yet."

Errowyn continued to advance her character down the trail he was on. Only to get ambushed. Big fight ensued. She muttered to the character on screen as she fought against the monsters with bow and swords. "Wanna give it a try?"

Cyrus watched intently. He looked at her Errowyn when she offered for him to give it a go. "Uh, sure. I have to warn you that I haven't played video games before." He said shrugging.

"You Wusss!" Errowyn yelled at the character she was playing as he died and the monsters looked his stuff and leaving him with nothing but his boxers. "Oh sorry...." She gave a laugh and hit a few commands to bring back her character from the dead. He appeared in a room on a bed all bandaged up with npcs treating him as a bar slowly filled with green.

"Start that computer and type in "Swords and Sorcery" You have to start from scratch and even making your beginning character." Errowyn would help him get going.

Cyrus did as he was told. He made a soldier, named him Cyrus and began playing.

He would do the tutorial to get to know the command prompts and keyboard shortcuts to interact with the game, before the game would turn him loose within the game world.....

Several hours later and lots of laughs. Errowyn had to head to the bridge as a chime was heard signaling the nearing the end of the ftl jump. She saved her game in a safe spot and took off for the bridge.

Cyrus laughed and enjoyed himself. He really like the game and it was fun to spend time with Errowyn. He saved his game and watched her walk away. He twirled his ring around his finger idly and followed her to the bridge.

Errowyn was all business as she prepped the ship to exit the Ftl jump and brought the ship out of FTL, bleeding off the access energy in a aurora of dissipating energy and static electricity from the friction of high speed travel. New Belfast was a pretty blue-white dot that fast grew in size as they approached the planet. Errowyn was already talking with Planetary Aerospace Control for their vector and place to land as she bled off the speed the ship was traveling in a very smooth braking. Soon the ship eased into the atmosphere and was slightly buffeted by the high winds of the planetary jet stream.

Soon Queens Slave settled on the new space port landing area. Instead of the frozen lake they took off from when they departed. But on good solid ground. Errowyn began to pressurize the ship interior to allow the compartments to be accessed when needed.

Cyrus smiled as he saw the growing blue dot. "Home sweet home." He muttered as he sat himself down at the Co-pilot's seat. As the ship touched down he stood and smiled. "It is good to be home. Come on kitty. I have some close at my house for you to use." He said moving to the cargo hold.

She secured the ship and followed Cyrus to the cargo hold. "I have sent word to Captain to meet us here." As she followed him.

"Good." He said as he grabbed a heavy coat as he passed his room. Once they reached the cargo hold, he gave her his combat jacket, then the heavy jacket. "Here that should keep ya warm till we get to my apartment." He said straightening his tee shirt. "Ready?" He asked helping her put the jackets on.

Errowyn used what was offered even though it made her look a lot smaller and bulkier as it enshrouded her. Covering her up from head to knee. Even the sleeves draped past her hands. She laughed softly even if it was muffled. "If I knew I was coming back here. I would have brought the gear I already have." Even though the hood of the heavy jacket covered her ears, letting her blend in a lot easier than if she wore her stuff.

"All well." He said with a smile. Cyrus hoped his servos would last long enough to get to his apartment across town. He would need to change out some of his parts for cold weather gear. He braced himself and opened the cargo ramp. The cold air blasted the two in the cargo hold. Cyrus felt the blast of cold wind and smiled. He moved and pulled Errowyn close to him and walked with her out the ship.

Errowyn moved with him and she closed the ship by remote as she moved next to him. She traveled him through the city, occasionally flinched at the sudden sound of a gunshot, followed by a a lot more in rapid succession. "Don't know how you Neppies can live with all that violence..." She muttered as she travelled with Cyrus.

Cyrus held her tighter as they walked through the harsher part of town. "This planet is a hive for the unsavory types. There are a few of us who try to do good, but it's just not enough." He said frowning. "Come on. My apartment is close by." He said pulling her down a side street, away from a soon to be gang fight. He saw the signs and knew when to stay the hell away.

Errowyn looked puzzled at the sudden detour, but she went with him, since this was his stomping grounds. She was thankful as soon as they cleared the street, a Gang of Thugs rushed by them out onto the street and the war started in a thunder of gunshots.

Cyrus tightly held her as he rushed pass the crowds and finally reached his own apartment. He quickly pulled her inside the building. It wasn't very impressive building. Very bland and plain.

Errowyn relaxed once inside the building and the doors were closed behind her. She removed the hood to keep her cool now since they was inside away from the cold of outside. She followed him up to his apartment, expecting the war to bust into the building that could be heard, but seriously muffled. She relaxed even more once they made his apartment within the building. "Okay...what next?"

"Need to wait out the gang war outside. Plus I need to change out some of my parts... They frozen over." He said holding out a frozen limb.

"Oh..." Errowyn spoke. "You should have let me stay on the ship. And then brought me cold weather gear later." She removed the heavy jacket and then his fatigue jacket handing them back to him. "I would have been fine."

Cyrus shook his head. "It is not safe to be by yourself here." He said. He nodded to the bed. "Set those down over there." He said detaching his arm. He dropped it on a work bench that held multiple tools and cybernetics. There were faded schematics of his arms and legs pinned up as well.

Errowyn tossed the jack and coat on the bed as indicated. She took in what was displayed openingly. "I can handle myself aboard a ship. Even if I have to launch to even the odds." She moved to help. "Is there anything I can help with?"

Cyrus smiled as he struggled to get his other arm to move. "I know you could. Still, I wouldn't want to chance it." He said sighing as he other arm locked up. "Damn it all..." He looked over to Errowyn. "As sad as it is, my arms have crapped out. Can you sit here and I will tell you what to do?" He asked resting his arm on the table and detaching it as well. His arm flopped down on the desk and he moved away.
"Sure," Errowyn as she sat where directed. She looked over the arms laying on the workbench. "I am surprised you didn't do this aboard the ship or brought along a few spares." She looked at the faded schematics and chose a cold weather cybernetic arm. She moved it into position to connect it up. She glanced at the instructions and then attached the new arm into place. With her nimble and much smaller fingers, she was able to make the connections more solider and a lot more of them to be connected. As she worked, she kept glancing at the faded schematics and what she was doing. It was obvious that she paid attention to techs while working on her Kawarime. "There..." Closing the last panel that overlapped his organic stub of an arm. "Try that out."

Cyrus checked the connections to the arm and activated it. He grunted as his organic nerves connected to the mechanical ones. "You never get used to that." He said as he picked up his arm and tested it out. "This is awesome E. I couldn't have done it better myself, and I built the damn things." He said with a smile. He attached the other one and moved to his closet to change. He grabbed a white trench coat and threw it over his clothes. He also grabbed his old NSMC beret and put it on as well. "There. Check my closet for anything you need." He hit the wall and a panel fell away to reviel a weapon's locker. "And grab a weapon." He said grabbing a few boxes of ammo for his revolvers.

Errowyn raided his closet of cold weather gear, grabbing stuff that was obviously designed for a much bigger and more robust woman of Nepleslia. But she put it on and adjusted it to her smaller physique. "You should have cybernetic caps permanently placed on the ends of your organic arms to you can have a much cleaner and quicker change out of arms," She suggested to Cyrus as she looked over the weapons. She chose the much lighter weapons that were powerful, but designed for close quarter action. But to her were perfect any range of combat. She did a quick function checks, before loading them up with munitions. She put a few spares of fully loaded magazines and clips in her pockets for easy access.

"I need to, but I just never got around to it." He said spinning his revolver then set them in their holster. "Come on. Let's head to the Hollow Point."

"Lead the way," Errowyn motioned him to proceed as she settled the weapons on her. She moved to the exit to the apartment. She could pass easily for a Nepleslian teenager. As long as nobody took a closer look at her. She put a bounce in her step to add to the illusion.

Cyrus lead her through the winding streets, finally arriving at the Hollow Point. A large ID-SOL blocked their path as Cyrus moved to enter his former bar. "Can I help you?" The ID-SOL asked.

"It is nice to see you to Jackson." Cyrus said with a toothy smirk.

Jackson smiled broadly. "It is good to see ya boss. Come on in. Mr. Logan isn't in but this was your bar. You know your way around." The man said holding the door open for Cyrus and Errowyn.

"Thank ya Jack." He said as he moved inside. As he did, most of the patrons turned. "CYRUS!!!" They yelled as he entered. "Where you been you bastard!?!" One man yelled. "Who's the chick?" Another asked. "Cyrus got himself a girl? Well shit... I owe Dave 100 DA." Another joked. The bar erupted in laughter. Cyrus motioned for Errowyn to head up to the VIP area. "Thanks boys. Next round is on me." The bar erupted again in cheers as everyone crowded the bartender. "Come on kitty. Let's grab a drink while we wait."

Errowyn scooted in with Cyrus, muttering in trade speak, "With lughead," To Jackson as she scooted by him into the bar behind Cyrus, letting him be in the spotlight. She left her watchman cap on to hide her neko ears tips. Just enough showed that also added to the illusion. She scooted up the stairs as directed, yelling back at Cyrus in tradespeak. "Coke!" With enough brattiness in her voice at Cyrus, letting him grab the drinks to be brought up. Once safetly in the VIP Lounge, she dropped the charade of the Teenager, but ready to resume it if needed.

Cyrus smirked as he followed her up to the VIP area. He set her drink down as they sat in the booth tucked against the far wall. "There. Now we should be away from prying eyes." He said sliding her a drink as Cyrus drank his beer.

Errowyn relaxed as she sipped her coke. "So.. we just wait here till your friends show up? And whomever you meeting here?" She removed the watchman's cap and opened her heavy jacket to relax even more. Even though it displayed the weapons she chosen to grab.

"We wait for your captain. And now that word is spreading that I am here, we should be getting some recruits, plus I should be hearing from someone about parts and equipment for my project." He said taking a swig of his beer. "When is your captain getting here?" He asked

Errowyn looked thoughtful, doing the calculations, "Sometime tomorrow around evening. Say.... 20 hundred hours. Then another 30 to 40 minutes to find this place." Her eyes constantly moved about the room, taking in the place and the noticeable exits from the VIP Lounge they was in. "The best place would 18k. They have a better collection and digression on where they deliver. Majority of what you need will be blackmarket stuff and hopefully untraceable if Uso project fails." She kept her voice low so that he could hear her plainly, but make it harder for eavesdroppers to listen in.

Cyrus nodded. "Correct. All this stuff is will be blackmarket materials. The dealer I am meeting is a close friend. I saved his ass a few times so he owes me. He will be discreet." He said with a smile. "Need another drink?"

"In about 30 mins from now. Need the ladies room," Errowyn smiled the bratty teenager smile at him. "Is there one up here? or do I have to use the main floor one?" She stood up as she grabbed the watchmans cap.

"Yeah." He pointed to the women's room across the room from them. "Of course the VIPs get their own restroom." He said smiling. He stood and moved to the bar, lighting a cigar and waiting for Errowyn.

Errowyn took off once she spotted the women's room. She took her time. A few minutes later she returned. Letting Cyrus have his cigar, motioning him finish it as she settled at their table again, much more relaxed.

Cyrus nodded. He took a long drag and released a smoke ring from his lips. He snuffed out the flame, grabbed another drink, and moved to the table. Cyrus sat down next to Errowyn and scooted in close to her. "Well. Now we play the waiting game I guess..." He said resting his arm across her shoulders.

She snuggled up against him, "I could make adjustment to your other arm so it aint as jerky. More natural movements to help disguise the prosethic. while we wait."

Cyrus nuzzled against her. "Sure. Sounds like a good idea. Jackson will signal me when our guest arrives. Come on. I have a secret room in here." He said helping her up. He moved and activated a secret panel under the bar and part of the wall slid away reveling a stair case leading down onto the darkness. He walked down the stairs and flipped on the lights to his old hide out.

As the two walked down the small stair case the wall slid shut behind them. They were brought into the basement area of the Hollow Point. The room was very Spartan. On the far wall was a large gun cabinet with two M3 Assault Weapons with several barrels of varying length and multiple stocks and scopes sitting at the bottom. To the right was a cot and a small stand which appeared to be where Cyrus slept. Despite how low key the room looked, the center of the room had an ornate round table with a small holo projector in the center of it. Cyrus laid down on the cot and showed Errowyn where the tools were.

Errowyn went with him. She looked around the new room as she entered when they reached the room. She looked over the equipment and stuff that was visible. She went to work on the arm that he attached, redoing the connections. "Sheesh... No wonder why you look like in your pain all the time!. Half these connections points are smushed." She straightened them out and connected them up to his organic arm stub. Once she did the last of them. She finished the attachment. "Still got the SynthFlesh canister on you?"

He sank into the cot as she fixed the connections. "Ohhhh man that feels good." He said as his nerves finally felt relief from the constant aches and pains. "You're the best baby..." He said pulling out the can of Synthflesh from his boot. "Did you pick up the new eye as well?" He asked.

"That's in my quarters on the Queens Slave still." She took the Synthflesh from him and began to spray it over the cybernetic connection with an overlap onto the real organic flesh. She worked her way down the arm, spray painting it in a nice even layer. "You are going to have to do your own legs." She motioned him to turn so she could put synthflesh on his other cybernetic arm.

He did as he was told and moved so she get reach his other arm. "Awww come on.... You won't do my legs?" He asked teasing.

Errowyn laughed softly as she spayed his other arm all the way down to the finger tips. As the Synthflesh adhered to his first arm, he could begin to have feelings in his finger tips as if his skin and nerves regrown naturally. to cover the cybernetic arm. "Good stuff?"

Cyrus looked over his hand. He smiled. "You tell me..." He said bringing a hand up and caressing her cheek.

Errowyn smile turned softer at the more natural feel of his artificial hand. He would feel the softness and warmth of her skin. She looked at him. "I'm surprised you haven't been using this stuff already."

Cyrus smiled. "I just never had a reason to... Until now." He said pulling Errowyn down on top of him. He kissed her warmly, letting his new hands explore her face. "I can't believe I forgot how this felt." He said hugging Errowyn close to him.

Errowyn returned the kiss as she laid on him. "probably never had a reason to before." She smiled down at him, watching him enjoy the sensations.

He smiled and kissed her again. This time he just held her in his new fleshy arms. "Thank you so much baby." He said nuzzling up against her again.

Errowyn smiled at him. and she hugged him. "I like it a lot better." Eyes twinkled in the ambient light like emeralds. "Yur welcome." She rested on him letting time slip past.

Cyrus let his hands intertwine with Errowyn's. His fingers interlocking and his thumbs softly rubbing her hand. He rest his forehead against hers. "This is amazing..." He muttered softly. His red eye reflecting the light in brilliant crimson.

A soft chime was heard announcing the first of Cyrus guest filled the room briefly. Errowyn looked at him questionably. "Your guest?" She scramble off of him to allow him to get up.

Cyrus sighed. "Unfortunately..." He said standing. He grabbed Errowyn and pulled her in, kissing her deeply. "We will continue this later..." He said with a mischievous grin.

"Definitely," Errowyn returned the kiss with one of her own. She let him lead the way back up to the lounge. She put on the watchmans cap as they entered the VIP Lounge again. She assumed the Neppy Teenager act as she moved to the table that held their drinks. She scooted to the wall and grabbed the remains of her drink.

Cyrus smiled as he sat down next to her. He signaled Jackson to let the guest in.

Errowyn looked at Cyrus, "Maybe I should move to another table. So your guest doesn't get any funny ideas?" She slipped out of the heavy jacket, exposing the weapons she was carrying. A good selection of both close quarter and decent ranged weapons.

Cyrus smiled and shook his head. "I'd prefer to keep you right here." He said pulling her in close to him. "Unless you want to sit in a bar full of drunken idiots by yourself." He teased.

"I would like to them throw me out of here..." Errowyn teased back.

He laughed and played with her ear. "Hush kitty." He teased. A small wiry man climbed the stairs and looked over to see Cyrus playing with Errowyn. He walked over and cleared his throat.

Cyrus looked over and smiled. He motioned for him to sit across from the him.

"He...hello Mr. Marshal it's nice to see you again." He turned and looked at Errowyn. "Hello ma'am." He said fidgeting.

Cyrus smiled warmly. "Hello Henry. This is Errowyn." He said pulling her in close to him. "Let us get down to business..."

Errowyn just nodded her greetings to Henry.

Henry nodded back taking a good long look at her. Then to Cyrus. "What's she doing here? " He signaled the VIP Lounge bartender for a drink as he kept his attention on the both of them.

"At his request," Errowyn replied softly dropping the charade. She ordered a refill on her coke when the bartender brought another round of drinks to the table for Cyrus and Henry.

Cyrus smiled broadly as the waitress brought over a round of drinks. " Thank ya darlin." He said with a smile. As she walked away he turned back to Henry. "Don't worry about Ms. Errowyn. She is here with me. Kind of a vacation. But that is not what we are here for. Ready to get down to business?" He asked taking a sip of his drink.

Henry looked thoughtful and nodded, as he took his drink. "What's the gig?" He leaned back in his seat on his side of the table. He would glance at Errowyn occasionally.

Cyrus smirked. "I am taking on a large undertaking and I need parts. Can you get them for me?"

Henry looked thoughtful, "Depending on what you are looking for. Ship parts are easy, guns, no problems. Or are you after something specific?"

Cyrus tossed a knowing glance to Errowyn. "I need the parts to build 5 massive railguns, possibly more. Plus need some computer targeting equipment. Look at the data pad. It has all you need to know." He said calling over another round.

Henry took the data pad and looked through it. He frowned as most of the stuff Cyrus was asking for was near impossible to get. "You will have to find another seller for the computers. I don't carry anything like in stock." He scrolled farther on the list looking perplex at certain items requested. "I can get you about 55 percent of this list by tomorrow. The superconducting wires you would have to buy legit. But the amount you are asking for will raise an eyebrow in the various Intelligence agencies. To include others than Neppy." He shoved the pad back at Cyrus as he looked up at him. He accepted the fresh drink at Cyrus expense.

Cyrus nodded. "Don't worry about prying eyes. I will pay you through multiple proxy accounts. There will be multiple purchases from the proxies to cover up our project. And of course you fee for silence on the whole matter." He said crossing his arms. "I'm sure you can call a few friends to get my computers."

"I could. But won't do it." Henry spoke. "You are running into the military area of interest. I cant just up and leave. Got too many people I keep happy. I could get the superconductive wire. But the bulk you need will take several months to get without raising suspicion." Henry set the half full drink on the table. "Try the frontier stations or Free Spacers for the computers you need." He nodded upward to stress the point.

"Okay...okay..." Cyrus said resting his head on his hands. "Well I understand where you are coming from, and I am willing to work with ya.

He looked over to Henry. "But, Henry you know me. I have been doing business with you for years. I am one of your biggest customers. Can you get that 55% of stuff asap and try and get enough wire for one cannon within the next 2 weeks? I will compensate you for the trouble." He said taking a drink.

Henry smiled, "55 percent you want, I can have loaded on any ship you have waiting in port within 24 hrs of full payment. As for the wire. I can have at least enough for one cannon in a month from now. I dont carry it. I'd have to drop the word in a few ears and wait on response." He picked up the glass and took a sip and then swirled the liquid around, making the ice clink softly.

Cyrus smiled. "Sounds like a deal then." He said downing his drink. "One last thing. Drop some lines and see if I can get any others sellers for the rest of my stuff. Just want to know where else I can look." He said raising his glass to the man.

"You could try, Boingy Brothers. But as you know they will sell your soul to Yammies inna heartbeat if you even show them this list after promising the world to you." Henry scowled and then looked at Errowyn with a shrug. "Traitorous bastards. Don't turn your back on them, Miss." He turned his attention to Cyrus again. "Farther out into Free Spacer Territory, better chance in getting the rest without the question."

Cyrus nodded knowingly. "Alright. Sounds good." He said holding out his hand. "A pleasure doing business my friend."

Henry nodded and left, Leaving behind his drink to get on Cyrus order. "I need name of ship in port, if you have one here already lined up." Pausing at the exit to the VIP Lounge to look at Cyrus.

Cyrus lowered his hand. "Queen's Slave, docking bay 12." He said nodding over his shoulder. He looked to Errowyn. "Well that was fun..." He paused a moment. "Wanna go dance?" He asked looking to her with a smile.

"Sure." Errowyn smiled, then finished off her coke. "We hanging out here a bit longer?"

Cyrus shrugged. "He is the only one I needed to speak with today. We can have fun the rest of the day." He said pulling her in close, playfully.

"I'll need to get back to the ship and get ready for the stuff to arrive. But in the meantime. Lets what this Iceball has to offer." Leaned up against him when grabbed by Cyrus. "Unless your club here has a dance floor?"

Cyrus shook his head. "This is a mans bar. For drinking and fighting...and drinking." He said teasing. "But, we have a really nice club downtown. I have heard a lot of good things about it. Thought it was time to give you the date you deserved." He said kissing her on the cheek.

"Hope they accept the garb we are wearing. Otherwise this will be a bust." Errowyn poked him in the gut below the ribs. "As you noticed I travelled light. Figuring you getting your interviews and recruitments out of the way."

Cyrus softly poked her back. "Nah, I am doing all the boring stuff tomorrow." He said finishing off his third drink. "They won't care how we are dressed. Plus the club is always packed so..." He said shrugging with a smirk.

"By all means, lets go to this club." Errowyn smiled warmly. She put on her heavy winter coat for the trip to the club. "While you are dealing with the boring stuff. I will be at the ship getting the stuff you ordered secured aboard the ship."

Cyrus nodded and stood. He grabbed his trench coat and threw it over. He pulled Errowyn close to him and exited the VIP area.

Day 10 / 11 :New Belfast (Iceball)

==Club Iceberg==

The lines to just gain entry was long and people withstood the icy winds awaiting for their turn to be either accepted or rejected for the second time. As they already tried to gain entrance when first arriving. But the big Bouncers armed and armored were choosy who to let in on the first attempt. Mainly it was the single beautiful women that travelled in pairs or got out of the vehicle that transported them. Inside the lobby was where you deposited your cold weather gear and weapons and could hear the faintly throbbing music through a set of doors that closed automatically when someone passed through them to the party area or to the lobby. The theme color was done in shades of blue to white to give the interior the look of being deep in the ice. With the big Mirrored Disco balls hanging from the ceiling and rotating, sending shafts of reflected light over the constantly moving crowd below on the dance floor and those sat around the edges. The lighting was all done in either blue or white with a few black lights to make anyone wearing white stand out a bit more. Then there was the stairs leading up to the higher levels where the carefully arrange acoustic tiles and architecture reflected sound down to the first ground level of the club, allowing patrons a bit more quiet area to converse, eat and drink. Maybe a few fights. But it was rare for that to happen. Third level was for the romantic liaisons and business to be conducted.

Cyrus, annoyed made a call. He called up the owner who was a former patron of his bar before he sold it. He spoke for several minutes and smiled as he hung up the phone. "Come on baby." He said kissing her and walking up to the bouncer. "Hey buddy! Check your list and call your boss. We are on the list." He said with a smug smile.

"Name?" The big bouncer just stood there, looking stoically at the pair. His partner also glared, but raised his hand to his ear and then lowered it. Not moving from front of the one way door into the place.

"Cyrus Marshal and Errowyn Yumeoibito." He said looking between the pair.

The one that spoke, looked at his partner who nodded. They both gave Cyrus and Errowyn big warm smiles that actually made them look friendly as they both stepped aside to allow the two pass into the recessed doorway. Once the pair had passed them, they moved back, blocking the access way again, unless it was a single pretty women.

Cyrus led her inside and up to the coat and weapon check. Cyrus passed his coat and weapons over and received a ticket. He stood off to the side to allow Errowyn to do the same.

Errowyn removed her coat and weapons and placed them in the bin that was separate from Cyrus. She received her ticket when finished. They moved to the Security checkpoint to have them wanded for hidden weapons, before being allowed passed into the main party area of the club. The wands were set off by Cyrus cybernetics. But the security guards glared at him, but let him and Errowyn pass. About 72 percent of the menfolk's had cybernetics anyway. And the Bouncers knew how to render cybernetics useless for a short time without killing the patron.

Errowyn blinked at the loud noise of the music. All she could hear was the throbbing beat of the music and some unlegible wailing for music. The vibrations pulsed against her. She growled softly as it went unheard in the white noise of the pulsing beat of the music. She wondered how in the hell the club even stayed open to make money. She moved along side Cyrus. Her ears wilting to block the assault on her hearing.

Cyrus moved along next to her. He felt Errowyn growl. A low rumble from in her chest. He frowned and tilted his head as if to ask, "What's wrong?" As they moved across the room.

Errowyn Morse coded tapped on his arm. "what are you trying to do? kill me by sound?" As she tagged along with him. "or smother me by press of bodies?" She was definity looking upset.

Cyrus sighed. "Well, I fucked up... again.... shit" He thought. He kissed her on the forehead and passed her some ear plugs. The plugs had electronic pieces in them that allowed Cyrus to speak in her ear without having to say anything. His thought was turned into word. "I'm sorry E. Want me to take you else ware?" He asked, a small look of disappointment played across his face for a second then disappeared into neutrality.

She tapped on his arm again in the same fashion. "Please it would be much appreciated. Sorry for being such a party-pooper. I want to hear the music, not have it pound me into submission."

Cyrus's eyes looked thoughtful for a moment. "I would rather like that actually. Can we stay?" He teased as he pulled her close, clearing the way for her to leave.

She tapped again in Morse code, "Even though décor of the place is awesomeness. They could tone down the music." She followed him. But was snagged away by another to drag her deeper into the club onto the floor to dance with.

Cyrus turned and his face looked pained. "Damn it all. I'm coming." He said over Errowyn's ear piece as he switched his eye piece to scan for the neko. He found her and barreled his way through the people to find Errowyn.

Errowyn had risen up, and was easy to spot along with her unsuspecting, now terrified partner as she rose up high above the crowd. The dancing had come to a stop as the patrons looked up at the pair.

Cyrus sighed. He looked up and called out. "Hey babe. Let the little man down and let's go okay?" He asked eyeing the bouncers that were coming up to them.

Errowyn looked at Cyrus, then looked at terrified guy that grabbed her. She smiled sweetly at him as she let him fall back onto the crowd below.

Cyrus ran up and caught the man who fell. "God damn it all..." He muttered as he caught the man and set him down. "Come on E." He said making a bee line towards the exit.

She floated down at a trajectory towards the exit they used to enter the main part of the club. She exited without any more problems into the much quieter lobby. She walked over to the coat check and presented her ticket. She armed herself as she waited for Cyrus to catch up and get ready.

Cyrus quickly grabbed his things and quietly exited, mouthing a 'sorry' to the bouncers who escorted him out. He quickly fell instep with Errowyn as they walked.

"Sorry for being such a pain in the arse. Is there someplace that has actual music to listen to?" She smiled up at him as she adjusted her pace to his.

Cyrus smiled half heartedly. "It's okay sweet heart. I wasn't a fan of the place anyway. Follow me." He said taking her hand and leading her to another bar. This one was far out of the way of the main down town area. The bar had a live band and there were few people in there. Cyrus smiled softly and set his things down and found a table by the band. "How is this dear?" He asked settling into the booth he was able to procure.

"Much better," She was much happier with the live band. She took off her coat, letting it drape of the back of the chair she chose to sit in. Since it was a live band playing. The place was hopping, but not like the Iceberg Club.

Cyrus smiled, leaning over and playing with her ear. "Good, it is much better for everyone when kitty is happy." He teased kissing her.

Errowyn smiled and ordered her usual soft drink, and enjoyed the band playing.

Cyrus paid for the drinks and smiled as a good song came on. He stood and grabbed Errowyn's hands pulling her up and onto the floor. He grabbed her waist and lightly held her and as he swayed back and forth along to the song.

She went with him and enjoyed the music, even all they did was hug and sway to the music.

Cyrus nodded to the band and they launched into another slow song. More people were following Cyrus's lead and were bringing there dates out onto the floor. Cyrus smiled down at her and nuzzled up against her. "How's this?" He asked.

"A lot better." She snuggled up against him as they swayed to the music. Enjoying the music and time spent without worry.

Several minutes of dancing later Cyrus pulled his date back to the table. He pulled her close and called the bartender over. " I took you dancing." He said smiling.

"Yup you sure did. It will be memorable time here." Errowyn gave a soft laugh at remember the guys face when she lifted them off the floor. She kissed Cyrus. "I am ready to turn in for the night. We are heading back to your apartment or the ship?"

Cyrus smiled. "Ship. It's nicer." He said kissing her softly. "Party pooper..." He teased.

Errowyn smiled, "yup. That is why I am in one piece," She teased back. "Besides. I have stuff to get secured from 5, before it gets way to cold to do it." She stood up and putting on her coat.

"Damn and I was hoping the music would beat you into submission for me..." He retorted.

Errowyn laughed as she left the club and She made her way back to the Queens Slave. She kept alert under the guise of a bratty Neppy Teenager with weapons. Since her ears were covered by both the watchman's cap and coats hood. She used Free Spacer Currency for the cab ride to the spaceport where the Queens Slave was parked. Already the ship had a light layer of rim ice and and on the side without the wind, drifts of snow was building up. She entered the ship and began the process of getting it warmer.

She proceeded through the ship and up to the roof hatch. She kicked what snow off the ship as she made her way around her Kawarime to get to the cargo compartment on 5. She cleared out the snow away before opening it up and grabbing a small crate. She secured the cargo hold on 5. Grabbed the Crate and dropped off the side of the ship and entered through main side hatch. She set the crate down and climbed up secured the roof hatch. Once that was done, she returned to the crate and grabbed it. She carried it to her cabin near the bridge.

Cyrus followed close behind her. Once they reached the ship, Cyrus moved to the bridge and began warming up the ship. He routed excess heat from the reactors and pummeled them through the outside exhaust panels. He turned back and to look at Errowyn as he heard her soft footsteps. "Everything situated up there?" He asked as he heard the steps get closer.

"Everythings fine. Once in space everything should be fine. 5 frozen to the hull of F6." She entered her quarters and dropped off the crate. She came back out, minus the cold weather gear. "I am going to stay with the ship to receive the cargo from Henry, tomorrow.." She entering the bridge settling down in the communications officer chair.

Cyrus smiled. "That is fine." He said standing and moving behind her chair. He placed his hands on her shoulders and softly rubbed. He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. "Thanks for spending time with me." He said smiling down at her.

"I enjoyed it." Errowyn accessed the messages. Seeing it flooded with messages for Cyrus. "Mmmmm... seems like a lot of people are applying for troop leader position." She scanned through a dozen real quick like. "Looks like you get your pick of the cream of these losers." She smiled at the kiss and enjoyed the massage from Cyrus. "Seams like they just want to get off this ice ball."

Cyrus looked over Errowyn's shoulder and smiled at the amount of people signing up. "Well damn... How many applicants are there?" He asked, still rubbing her shoulders.

"200. I will send back the standard reply. Resume ready. Meet at usual place. Let them finger that one out. It'll cut down on the dumb ones." Errowyn typed up a message and hit reply all. "There." She went through a few more. "Oh here is an interesting one. This one thoughtfully added his resume and Neppies Version of discharge papers. Mmmmmm.... Honorable discharge. I think I will send him a personal invite to the ship." She glanced at him.

He moved, picking her up and sitting in her seat, placing her on his lap. He read through the file and smiled. "Shit... I like this one. Do it." He said looking at her.

"Time crunch this one. See how interested he is." Errowyn sent a reply, having him meet at the Queens Slave in 2 hours with papers and a duffel pack for possible recruitment. "Done." She hit reply /send to that one. "Lets see how fast he beats feet here and willing to risk all. to the weather." Just then the wind shrieked through the straps holding 5 to the top of Queens Slave and buffeted the F6 causing it to rock a bit.

Cyrus nodded and pulled her in tight to him giving her a peck on the cheek. "I like how you think baby." He said with a smirk. "Hungry?" He asked lifting her up and moving towards the back of the ship.

"Sure." She tapped in a few quick commands to send the link up in the ships lounge. "We can go through these some more. This is fun reading." She hung onto him, letting him carry her to the lounge.

He carried her to the lounge. He sat down on the couch, pulling her down on top of him. "Okay, read me out some of these recruits. Wanna see if they are worth my time." He said smirking up at Errowyn.

Errowyn brought up the messages and began to go through them a bit slower, so that Cyrus can get snippets of the messages. "Oooooo.. here is a small team looking for work. Only they request that they remain a team. Sniper, scout, tech and medic. Says they are Spec-ops team." She marked it for farther review. She moved through a few more. She busted up laughing. "This guy here claims he a Captain that gotten framed for converting with the NMX, but he escaped." She moved on.

"Well shit, I like these guys..." He said reading along after Errowyn.

Errowyn scanned a few more, nearing the end. Another one looked really good. An Adberwan with command experiences, risen through the ranks to Staff Sergeant. Been through awesome heavy action. She tagged that for Cyrus preview and decision.

Cyrus read through the Sgt's resume. To say that they were good would be an understatement. "I want these guys... bad..."

She moved to the kitchen and made a quick sandwich for the both of them and returned. Setting his nearby, watching him go back through the list to see if she had missed a few he would like to interview.

"Check this one out." He said tossing the pad over to her. "Another NSMC man. This one was is a combat dropship pilot. Me likey" He said grabbing the sandwich. "Hey I think my cooking skills are rubbing off on you..." He teased as he greadily ate his sandwich.

"Okay... She sat down and gave them time crunches to beet feet to the Queen Slave, an hour apart from each one. "Gonna be a late night. Set up in the Cargo hold?" She munched on her sandwich.

"How many people can we fit on this bucket?" He asked as he went and made a few more snacks for the two of them.

"About ten with cargo hold full of Cargo. This should be enough for this trip. I want to interview this pilot. To see if he knows his stuff. As he claims." Errowyn speaking as she looked at his resume again. "We need a back up ship pilot. I am good. But without Air support. There are going to be more casualties. Someone needs to do the Cargo Runs." She grabbed a few of the extra sandwiches that Cyrus had made and took off for the Cargo hold to get it set up for the interviews.

"Alright...Plus that captain I need to talk with tomorrow. We should be able to fit some of these recruits on his ship if I hire him." Cyrus said thinking out loud. "Okay, so we will take the best 10 with us, and the normal recruits will be brought in by this new captain..."

"Sounds good." Errowyn glanced at the time, "The first one should be showing up..." Then someone pounded on the hull outside the ship and a yelling, "This better not be a wild goose chase!" Errowyn giggles as She allowed a small door to open and allow their first applicant to enter the warmth of the cargo hold.

"Damn! Are you friggen insane?" The big ID-Sol spoke as he entered and dropped his duffel, near the entrance. "Why cant you guys be like normal Recruiters?" He complained as he took a look around the empty cargo hold, and then looking at the two of them. He pulled back his hood to expose a scarred face.

Cyrus smiled up at the ID-SOL. "Well, we aren't normal recruiters and we aren't a normal organization." Cyrus stood and moved to the man. "I'm Cyrus Marshal, founder and CEO of Ragnarock." He said holding out a hand.

The ID-SOL moved to Cyrus and took his hand shook it. "McCall. Heavy weapons specialist. Anti-armor, ships, bunkers. Plus whatever needs to be killed." He released Cyrus hand and held out his crumpled resume along with his discharge papers well protected. "I want them back in the same condition."

"Of course." Cyrus replied as he read over the discharge papers and resume. Cyrus smiled and handed the papers back. He motioned for him to sit down across from Errowyn. Cyrus moved and sat down next to Errowyn and the interview began.

McCall sat on the empty packing crate that was provided for the interviewees. He fielded the questions with ease and confidence. "Train troops... " He looked thoughtfully. "Depends on how raw they are. I can only teach my specialty which is heavy weapons." He was very knowledgeable in weapons that one his size could use like it was a regular issue assault rifle. "Haven't figured out to shoot around corners yet. But give me time I will." As a bit of crude humor.

Cyrus smiled. "Indeed." He replied. "I could use some more heavy weapons specialists." He said sliding a data pad with his contract.

McCall plucked up the contract and looked it over. "Agreed." He put his thumbprint as his signature. "There. Signed."

Errowyn smiled. "Move your stuff against the wall and have a seat to make yourself comfortable. I will show you your cabin later." McCall nodded once he returned the pad. He stood up and recovered his duffel bag and moved to a waiting area.

A few minutes later, Another pounding on the hull reverberated through the cargo hold. Errowyn opened the hatch and allowed the Team of Four in. They entered quickly and the last one triggered the hatch closed, The eldest of the bunch spoke up. "Pologyze for showing up early. Ran into a bit of Trouble." They dropped their duffels neatly on the deck together neatly in a row. "Which one of you is the boss?"

Cyrus smiled. "That be me boys." He said standing he moved to shake each of their hands. "Cyrus Marshal, former Lt. in the 1st Shaik, how about you men?" He asked with a curt smile.

"NIPD Spec-Ops." The eldest spoke shaking hands with Cyrus. "I am Thomas, theses' are my brothers, Timothy, Theodore and Tobias. "I am the Sniper. Tim is the scout; Teddy is the Tech, Driver. Tobias is the teams Medic." He handed over the groups papers. "Where do we sign?" A bit anxious to get off the planet. But waited patiently.

Cyrus smiled again. "In do time boys." He said as he read through their papers. He handed them back, happy with what he read. "I like what I see gentlemen. Why don't you have a seat and we can talk shop."

Thomas took the crate as a seat as his brother used their duffels to sit on. They sat behind Thomas to let him be the focus and watch his back incase it was an ambush. They carried their sidearm within easy reach. "What type of shop you want to talk about? Most our credituals are in the paperwork. Rest is Classified." Looking pointing at Errowyn, then back to Cyrus. "Yes we was all born to one mother and on the same day. May our Sweet Mother rest in peace."

Cyrus nodded respectfully. "Thank you for sharing but not what I was going to ask. I was going to ask if this is a good deal." He said tossing each of them a contract.

They deftly caught the pad with their non-weapon hands and looked over the contract. "What is the gig?" Thomas asked, giving his brothers time to look over the contracts. He even read the contract as he paid attention.

"Ragnarock is a growing PMC as you know, and I need the best men I can find to, one, train the new recruits to be hardened badasses such as yourselves. Two, I need a special ops unit within Ragnarock."

Thomas nodded, "Pay? And what type of support we will have? Vehicles? Helicopters?" He asked looking at Cyrus.

"Pay is on a montly basis. All that is in the contract. We currently only have a single helo, but are working on procuring more equpiment. Give me a list of things you want and I will attempt to get ahold of it." He replied

"We're used to acquiring our own gear. Unless it is medical in nature. Beans, weapons and bullets we can acquire on our own." Thomas spoke quietly. He looked at his brothers with an raised eyebrow. They nodded back to him. "I believe we can work with this." They four of them signed off on the contract. "Miss a payment. We will collect one way or another. Then a trip back here as the contract will be null in void, once payment is missed."

Cyrus waved a hand dismissively. "I know boys, I made the damn contract. And there is no need to threaten me." He said his eye glowing softly. "But, try and cross me, and I will make sure you will regret it. Clear?" He asked sternly.

"Save the theatrics for those scare easy. I understand where ya coming from." Thomas stood and collected the pads from his brothers and laid them before Cyrus. They was all signed.

Cyrus stood and smiled. "Then boys, welcome to Ragnarock." He said moving to shake their hands again.

They each shook his hand and grabbed their duffels and took off toward the waiting area as directed by Errowyn. They looked at with a bit of lust and distrust as they passed by her. But they held their council. Just as they disappeared into the waiting area. Another pounding rang out through the cargo hold. This time the door cycled by itself and walked in the 4 foot Nepleslian with a duffel as big as he is. He dropped the duffel on the floor once he had the door dogged closed. He turned and raised his hand slowly as he was looking down the barrel of Errowyn's service pistol.

Cyrus shot up raiseing his own revolvers. "Baby, why are we pointing guns at the little man?"

"No one walks on my ship..." Errowyn started to speak, but was interrupted.

"Hey hey.. cool with the irons! I am your pilot!" The Dwarf spoke. "I have the message to be here!" He waved the crumpled up paper in his raised hands.

Cyrus lifted both revolvers, raising the barrels to the ceiling. "Grab the paper's E." He said looking to his girlfriend.

Errowyn was laughing opening at the dwarf and his brazen brass balls to just board an unknown ship. "Come and have a seat." She snickered even more at the Man.

The short man moved to the makeshift table and took a seat as he let the paper fall to the table. It showed the printed message that they had sent him. "Damn, you guys sure are cruel to make a man go out in this weather! I should be shootin ya both for this! Freeze my pecker off, get weapons pointed at me! Sheeesh.. I should just leave! and make you guys come to me!" He spoke a mile a minute and in a surprising loud baritone voice that would be perfect on an ID-Sol, not a midget. "What ever you are paying, I demand double for this travesty!" He nodded to signal he was done.

Cyrus holstered his weapons. "Can't handle the cold? What are you doing on my lovely home world then?" He asked.

"Employment! No questions asked! I knew I furgot something before coming to this frozen hellhole. You can have it all to yourself!" The midget spoke. "Hey babe! Warm me up!" He said to Errowyn with a comical raising and lowering of his bushy eyebrows.

Cyrus took a step foreward and his eye, normally cool blue glowed red. "You will watch your tone..."

Errowyn laughed even harder, "I .. am... taken..." Between laughter. "Your a pilot?"

The dwarf nodded. "Yup The best! Once at the helm, Size of a person won't matter. It the skill to get from one place to another without damaging cargo or people!." He smirked at Cyrus. "Whots your story?"

Cyrus's eye changed back to blue. He stepped back and crossed his arms. "I am the leader and founder of Ragnarock. The PMC that wants to hire you. Used to be a NSMC Lt." He said plainly.

"I won't hold that against ya. I am Naval Aviator!" He winked at Errowyn. "Daniel, Captain. I dropped plenty of you boys on them squids. Glad ya made it back for pick-up."

Cyrus nodded back to Daniel. "Same to you Cap." He replied, allowing a small smile to form on his lips.

"So what will I be doing? As it obvious this aint no dropship." Daniel asked, getting down to business. "Nice fighter ya got strapped to the top, Neko. Kawarime?"

Errowyn nodded. She looked at Cyrus and nodded her approval. She looked at him. "Hopefully. You will be taking over off planet cargo runs with this ship, or flying a helicopter?"

"Oh hell no! I don't fly any craft that has to beat the air into submission to fly!" Daniel puffed up. "I will be happy with what I get as long as it off this ice ball." He looked between the two, a bit hopeful.

Cyrus nodded and handed a data pad to Errowyn for her approval before throwing it to the midget.

Errowyn nodded watching Daniel catch the pad and looked it over. He signed it and passed it back to Cyrus.

Errowyn stood up. "That should be the last of them for tonight." She secured the Cargo hatch. On her passing by Cyrus, she hugged him, letting the others know he was her chosen one. "Come on guys, I will show you your quarters. Since your the lucky ones to be interviewed first." She lead the way up from the cargo hold and gave the largest room to the 4 brothers. Then one of the Cabins to McCall. Then one of the cabins near the bridge, next to hers was for Daniel. "You are second pilot, Daniels. for this F6. We have incoming cargo to be loaded up while Cyrus is out interviewing more candidates."

The 6 of the new recruits settled in their assigned cabins for the night. She turned at looked at Cyrus. "That wasn't to bad was it?" She moved back to him.

Cyrus let out a sigh and rested his head on her shoulder. "Yes... yes it was..." He said tiredly.

"Tomorrow you get to do it all over again." Errowyn hugged him. "Well lets get some sleep for the busy day tomorrow." She tugged at him into her cabin for the night.

Cyrus smiled and picked her up the last few feet from the room and carried her to bed. "Sleep? I rather do something else..." He teased.

"Love to. but tomorrow we need to be top of our game." Errowyn stripped down to panties and t-shirt and crawled into the bed that was barely wide enough two.

Cyrus smiled and nodded. "Fine... but tomorrow..." He smirked and striped down, squeezing into bed with Errowyn, cuddling up and quickly falling asleep.

She fell asleep snuggled up against Cyrus. Wondering how many more they would get to assist with the pacification of 188604....

Day 11 :: Queens Slave

Errowyn had woke early and was in the lounge of the ship. She was heating up something hot to drink after a quick foray to check on 5. She was humming a soft tune as she waited for the drink to heat up. She nodded to the early risers as they showed up and settled around the table in the lounge. Daniel, the secondary pilot had entered the lounge from checking out the F6 Helm. He was quite pleased as he flew them in the war. A good dependable craft for hauling freight and getting into places to drop off much needed beans and munitions.

"Picked a good ship," Daniel voice boomed out, drawing attention to him from the others.

"I picked it cause it had the ability to haul 5." Errowyn sounding pleased as she added the mixture to the boiling water, sending it aroma out. "With a decent payload and range."

The others present relaxed listening to the two pilots talk about the ships and some of the action they had been in against the Squids. Daniel being no slouch when it came to kitchen duties, pitched in and started on breakfast for those aboard the ship.

Cyrus stirred from his sleep and rolled out of bed. He looked over and got dressed, throwing on some fatigues and a black duster. He yawned and stepped out into the hall and walked to the kitchen. "Morning short stuff." He said looking to Daniel. He looked back to everyone else. "Morning guys." He said moving behind Errowyn. He kissed her on the cheek and started making himself coffee.

The others responded back with their greetings and Daniel smirked, "Hope you dont get your nose frostbit, Boss." As he scrambled up a big batch of eggs mixed with ham bits and had them cooking on the stove.

Errowyn giggles softly and purred a little at the kiss. "Have a seat with the gang. Got a call from Henry and he has the first load heading out to the ship. Should arrive in a hour or so." Errowyn poured her drink into her mug and then moved to sit at the table. "I am going to need help in getting the cargo tranfered to the ship and secured." Getting nods from the other five of them.

Cyrus nodded as he began sipping on a black coffee. "I don't think the guys would have a problem loading up,m would you guys?" He asked as he moved to the lounge and sat.

McCall and the 4 Ts just noddedtheir approval as Daniel brought in the fist batch of scramble eggs and ham for the everyone to serve themselves. "Dig in while the food hot."

"Good." Errowyn looked at Cyrus. "We got the ship stuff secured. You heading back to the bar for your latest interviews?" As she served herself some of the food.

Cyrus groaned. "Yeah, I guess so." He said taking another drink of his coffee. He looked over to Errowyn. "Would prefer if you came with me, but I know you gotta stay here." He said grogily.

"Take McCall with you." Errowyn spoke. "The rest of us can handle the Freight. From all the gun play yesterday. You may need him to watch your back." She began to eat her portion of the breakfast as Daniel took his seat with his plate of food.

"You mind tagging along big man?" He asked McCall. He finished off his coffee and pulled out one of his revolvers. He began cleaning the gun and changeing out some parts.

McCall spoke," Sure I don't mind. Just let me grab my weapons of choice from my kit." He finished up his meal quickly and excused himself as he took off to his cabin to get himself armed up for the forray back into town.

Cyrus finished with the first pistol and began with the second. "Well that is settled then." He said looking at Errowyn. "You hold down the ship and I will get a new one." He said smiling.

"Definitely." She helped herself to seconds as she relaxed a bit, drinking her drink and eating her food.

"Well it's setteled then." He said, spinning the revolver and sliding into his holster. "Let's roll big man!" He called adjusting his duster.

A Few hours later :: Icefall / HollowPoint VIP Lounge

Cyrus sat in the VIP section of his former bar. It was all he could do to not bash his head against the table. The people he was interviewing were so... stupid... If if there was one thing he hated, it was stupid people. He grabbed his beer and took a swig. "Where's the next guy McCall?" He asked

"He is downstairs in the main part of the bar trying his luck at getting a date." McCall pointed through the window overlooking the bar. "And he just got burned! And heading this way." Sounds of booted feet stomping up the stairs to the V.I.P. portion of the bar. He looked at the door as it slammed open and walked in a rail thin guy. It was obvious this guy had no military experience even though he carried a few weapons that would likely put him on his arse if he fired them.

Cyrus eyed the man. He was not trained, and with those weapons he had to be compensating for something. "Are you here for the interview?" He asked downing his beer.

"The man nodded, "Yes Sir!" He gave a very sloppy salute as he slid into the seat across from Cyrus. He looked around and then to Cyrus to begin the interview.

"Well then, why should I hire you? Why do you deserve to be in Ragnarock?" He asked, awaiting the mans answer.

The man looked impressed. "I am good with guns and follow orders. Sir!" A little over excited about the job prospect. "And a chance to leave this planet. Cause I know that to be successful in the merc business. You need off planet contracts." he tried to look wise, but making himself look foolish.

McCall just rolled his eyes at the antic of the dude. He made motions of throwing the guy out to Cyrus behind the interviewees back.

Cyrus sighed. "Not a very impressive answer." He said looking to McCall, giving him a sign to wait.

"Just give me a chance!" The guy whined a bit. "You whont be sorry." He tried to get the eye of the VIP lounge bartender to get himself a drink. But the Bartender was ignoring him as he "looked" busy inventorying his stock.

Cyrus shook his head. "You are a liar and I hate liars. You can't use those weapons your carrying. One pull of the trigger and you would be on your ass. Admit it, you just bought those to impress us?" Cyrus said his voice getting louder and more angry.

"Fine! I can to use them!" He jumped up from his seat and started to draw his weapon, only to freeze when he heard the sound of a weapon being fastdrawn and the cold steel of a barrel pressing into the back of his neck. McCall had move quickly on silent feet behind the dude.

"Drop it before you are carried out of here." McCall voice came low full of menace.

The guy paled and wet his pants as his weapon dropped from fingers that went slack. The gun hit the floor and fired. Sending a large caliber round into the wall several feet from Cyrus. McCall simply knocked the guy out and dragged him from the room and tossed to the main floor.

Cyrus didn't even flinch. He just sighed. "Is there anyone who actually has a fucking clue..." He asked nodding to the bartender for a drink. "Thanks big man."

Bartender served up the drink and then placed another drink on the opposite side of the table as the sounds of a toilet flushing from the VIP lounge bathroom and then cut off as the door closed. "Well since the jerks all made my job easier..." Came a voice of another man that had the look of military authority and aurora about him that a person just cant hide due to the years in service. "I am Captain Johanberg" He tossed a few credits to the bartender as he took a seat across from Cyrus.

Cyrus looked over and nodded to the man. "You must be the man Errowyn told me about. A pleasure captian." He said with a nod.

"I had the pleasure of flying with her when she was a Santo-hei." Johanberg took a quick slug of a drink, emptying the glass with one shot. "She went to a carrier and I went on to my own command of a heavy cruiser that carried both fighters and ground troops."

"Very impresive Johanberg." Cyrus said holding out a hand. "Cyrus Marshal, former NSMC Lt."

Cpt. Johanberg took Cyrus hand gave it a firm, yet polite shake. "I come with a heavy cruiser, but not of the Star Army manufacture. Being out here, one tends to pick up one can get. I have a nice size crew of ship personnel, small platoon of soldiers and a few fighters with a mixed assortment of fighters. Need the money to get caught up on paychecks before they desert me. but I come expensive in payment as I have ship and crew to maintain." He signalled for another drink, which the bartender brought over to him and refilling Cyrus drink while he was there.

Cyrus smiled. "I think we can have that arranged. Our client has control of a world, and we need to start ferrying out materials from the world. Plus it will be good to have an orbital asset." He said sliding a datapad over with the contract details. He sipped his drink and watched the captain as he read.

"Looks solid," Johanberg responded, "But raise the payment by a few thousand DA or KS. Dont take Freespacer crap money." He spoke, looking up at Cyrus as he shoved the Data-pad contract back unsigned, to allow Cyrus to make the changes.

Cyrus looked at the contract and adjusted it. "How about this. 1500DA extra." He said sliding it back.

Johanberg looked at the adjusted amount. "Can you advance the 15 hundred DA now?" He pulled out a Bank Transfer Pad and set it next to the contract pad.

"I'll advance it, but this is coming from my personal accounts." He said signing the transfer and slid it back for him to co transfer. "But, you will be an offical Ragnarock ship." He said smiling.

Johanberg watched the transfer of funds and hit approved. then took a second or two for it to process and come back with :Transfer of funds completed : He looked at Cyrus as he pocketed his Bank transfer pad to his pocket. "Once aboard the ship they and you fall under my Command as My troops will fall under your command on the ground. Agreed?" He took a sip of his drink as he watched Cyrus.

"That makes perfect sense to me." He said standing and offering the man a hand. "This is going to be fun." He said with a smirk.

Johanberg laughed heartily as he signed and stood. He gave Cyrus another firm hand shake. "Definitely will. You will be expected to attend shipboard conference while aboard my ship with my other departmental chiefs."

"Fair, but what will my department be called?" He asked with a smile.

"You will be incharge of ground operations and all soldiers aboard my ship. Iceberg." Johan smiled. "I will be incharge of ship and fighters. Including Hellcat. Unless she prefers independant command. But will still fall under my rule once aboard my ship."

"Fair." Cyrus stated. "Iceberg huh? I like it." Cyrus said looking to the bartender. "Let's get some drinks over here!"

Johanberg showed Cyrus the picture of his ship. It looked like a big chunk of ice that was painted in black, greys and dirty white cmouflage digital motif to blend in with being out in the void of space. "Victory Class of the Abwerhrans Space Navy. Took a good chunk of my money to get it space worthy. Then find a crew to fly and fight it. Rock solid ship."

"A rock solid ship for a rock solid Captian. May I tour it? Finished interveiwing." However in his eye's HUD he pulled up a chat box.

::Hey E. I like this guy.:: -Cyrus

Errowyn heard the soft chime coming from her quarters. She excused herself from the loading the supplies that Cyrus ordered, leaving Daniels in charge of the loading and securing of the cargo. She scampered through the ship to her quarters and entered. She activated the console and accessed her messages and read what was there. She responded back :: Thought you might like him. Hired him?" She replied back.

Johanberg looked thoughtful, "I will have to inform my crew we are having a visiters. But I am sure they'll be accepting of you. You can meet some of your counterparts." Johanberg made a few of his own text messaging, but being the male version of the Neko, he just looked blank for a few seconds or two.

::Hell yeah I did. Gather some things. We are touring his ship. Sending some extra people to finish loading up.:: He sent back. He looked to Johanberg. "Perfect, then let us head to the starport." He said smiling.

Errowyn responded to the next message, :: Have Daniels incharge. 4T and him have everything under control in loading the ship. Meet you where?" Errowyn moved to her closet and pulled out her own coldweather gear after sending back her responce to Cyrus.

Johanberg motioned the two, Cyrus and McCall to tag along with him as he buttoned up his coldweather gear for the trip back to the starport.

::Sending location now.:: He sent back plus the location of the shuttle. He moved and followed the captian out of the bar and down to the spaceport.

Those with Johanberg took a cab to the space port as Errowyn left the ship to travel to the shuttle awaiting them. She arrived a few minutes before the rest of them in the cab showed up and dropped them off. Johanberg paid the cab fare. He smiled at seeing Errowyn. He moved to her and they gave each other a quick friendly hug. "This way folks," He led them to an opening hatch on the shuttle as it began to show signs for departure. He allowed the three to proceed him onto the shuttle, T7 Raccoon.

Once they was settled in their seats, the Raccoon took off for space. After half hour of flight into orbit they came upon the Iceberg, the Abwerhran Victory Class heavy cruiser sitting in space with it marker lights blinking to signal that a ship was parked there in orbit. Soon the entered the well lit shuttle bay and landed. Johanberg led them off the shuttle into the hanger bay that there was a lot of activity going on. Fighters mixed in with Shuttles. Power Armor from across the galaxy being worked on and upgraded.

Cyrus enjoyed the ride up, sitting down next to Errowyn. Once on the ship he looked over an noticed the power armor. "Hey Cap, you have a spare hostile?" He asked eyeing the row.

"They are all assigned to their operators. Even the back up armors. Until things are settled and crew roster is updated. Equipment is off limits to outsiders. Cyrus. I will see what I can have scrounged up." He led the way from the hanger bay / Power armor bay into the ship proper. The ship looked well taken care of, even with the had-hoc repairs and upgrades were still showing. It was a work in progress. But the essentuals were already in place and in good working order. Ship Personnel and Soldiers eyed the newcomers that was with Johanberg. But they didnt hinder their progress as Johanberg gave them rush tour of the ship.

"Thanks Captian." He said. He looked to Errowyn and smiled, holding out his hand. He followed along after the Captian admiring everything.

Johanberg passed off the Bank Transfer Pad to another Offier of the Iceberg. "Get the crew paid," He ordered. "have the Senior Officers asemble in the Conference room ASAP!" He motioned the three of them to continue to follow as he led the way up to the command section of the ship. Traffic lessened conciderably when they passed into Command Territory. "For now, your bodyguard can tag along, Cyrus." He motioned for Errowyn to also join them.

Errowyn smiled as she continued to tag along wih Cyrus. She was enjoying the time and was in telepathic communication with Johanberg. Catching up on old times since going different ways.

Cyrus quietly followed as they talked. He had seen Errowyn communicate enough times that way to figure when she was talking with her head. He queitly watched the crews as they passed him. He smiled and nodded to each of them as they passed him.

They entered the Conference room which had several entrances and exits to it. Most of the Senior Officers were already there or just entering themselves from different entrances than Joghanberg with his guest. "Excellent," he spoke as the last of the officers showed up and took a seat. "I have hired out the Iceberg and Crew to Cyrus here for unknown length of service. I will remin in overall command of the ship while Cyrus our Employer, will be incharge of ground operations." He just jumped right in with the briefing, letting Cyrus , Errowyn and McCall find their own seats. "Joto-hei Yomeoibito is an independant yet will have clearance with her Kawarime to land and recieve maintenance on her craft. Just keep track of materials and munitions that is used or uploaded on her craft." Officers took notes and nodded as the subjects pertaining to them was announced. "Any questions?" He looked around at the Officers.

A few questions were asked and Johanberg feilded them with his authority of positions. Cyrus was introed to the Officers that were incharge of the Ships Ground troops. The officers were mixed from the major known star empires. "And good news, we have money in the ships account to get the crew paid." A cheer went up at that bit of news.

"You're welcome." Cyrus said with a grin. He nodded to all of them. "Do you guys have any questions for me?" He asked. looking between everyone. He looked to McCall and winked at the man.

McCall nodded back, keeping quiet as he knew he was there at Captain Johanbergs sufferance and knew when to keep his mouth shut. "I can work as Liasion between Cyrus and Iceberg crew." He simply stated. As All leaders needed an Aide to keep things running smooth between both parties.

Johanberg nodded as a few of Iceberg Officers nodded. "That will work out nicely." One of the Officers spoke that was obvious that he was the Ground Troops Commanding officer. "Typical shipboard protocal for visiting troops if we have to haul you guys. Wel will get things set up for the extra troops." He spoke to Cyrus. "Hopefully the Captain informed you will be under my command once shipboard?"

"I was told that I would be under the Captian's command." Cyrus stated flatly turning to look to the man. He looked to the captian. "Was I wrong?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Both of you are right. I need him for ship operation, which I am sure your troop are not familiar with. Even yourself. It will be a matter of time before I can work you into a higher position." Johanberg spoke with confidence of his position. "Even a new lieutenant in your command will have to work into positions of trust and senior command slots."

Cyrus looked between the two. "I am unexpirenced with shipboard operations? I did tell you I was in the NSMC since I was 16 right?

"You just mentioned you was a lieutenant in the NSMC. Maybe I am jumping to conclusion. I also stated I was in command once aboard my ship. There are a lot of nuances of ship to ship fighting and boarding than running ground operation. Which my Troop Commander has experience in. But not enough to run a large unit of additional troops on the ground. Mostly my troops are for ship defence and boarding actions within the confines of a ship and Zero-G fighting and maneuverings. I hope that satifies your concerns Lieutenant Marshall?"

"Captian, I undestand this. But, I have this training. Most my men don't, yes, but I do. I don't need your man baby sitting me." Cyrus said flatly to the captian.

"My Officer is an experienced man. Work with him and he will work with you. He is my man till I get a feel of what you can provide. And I'm sure you will feel the same way if he was to join your command. We don't babysit, We just throw the unwanted out of the airlock if they needing babysitting." He turned to his officer. "Cyrus here is charge of a PMC and hopefully willing to work with you as you will take his measure in knowledge and worth. He'll be treated with respect as also he is our employer." Hopefully to unruffle the feathers and stop a budding rivalery that would tear a ship apart. "Since he hold that unique status, please keep him at your side in all matters of troop combat and planning. I am sure he has some excellent ideas as he will learn what it is like running ship to ship combat maneuvers."

Cyrus remained quiet, looking over at Errowyn. He finally sighed. "Aye aye Captian." He groaned looking back at the two. "You're in charge."

Errowyn nodded to him to back off a bit, as she wrote a quick note to him : he knows what he is doing. It hard to just turn over command of a department to a stranger, even if he holds the means to the next paycheck. Even if I stay with this command, i:m going to be delegated to a lesser slot till proven my worth.: She nodded as as Cyrus stepped down. At least he still held a position of say on the ship command counsil.

::Yeah yeah:: Cyrus shot back as he sat back. He looked back between the rest of them. "With the issues of command out of the way, what else do we need to discuss Cap.

"Our area of operations and logistics, Cyrus." Johanberg spoke turning the floor over to Cyrus to give them their marching orders.

"My employer is Uso Tasuki. We were hired to help her with taking over a world. We succeded. Planet 188604 is now under our control, and no we didn't wipe out the populace to do it. We were there to ease the transition and now we are trying to build up it's industrial base. However, that is hard to do without being able to move our goods. Also, we have had people begin to snoop around. We had a ship come crashing down on the planet and we couldn't stop it. We need a ship in space to protect the world while I try and get planatary defenses built. Plus, this new groing world needs a space faring navy. I am hopeing this will be the first ship of that navy." Cyrus finished looking to Errowyn. "I miss anything?" He asked

"That covers it all. Unless there has been changes while we are gone." Errowyn spoke softly. "My job is to provide air support with 5 for the ground troops. So far there has been nothing to really challenge me in air superiority at the moment. But I sure could use the back up support in maintanence and munition replacement as I will be based on the ground majority of the time."

"Correct." Cyrus began. "For now anyway. But, as Ragnarock is a business, I need to think of the future. So I am building up and planning ahead." Cyrus added.

A guy that was easily over looked wrinkled his face at the mention of Uso Tasuki. He spoke up in a quiet way that drew attention to him when he wanted it that way. "Is there a man with her? Going by the name of Herman Wazu?"

Cyrus looked to the man. "No, as far as I am aware, she has never had contact with him. Any other questions?" He asked

The man nodded and seam to fade into the background once more. His eyes had moved between Cyrus, McCall and Errowyn. With nothing forthcoming. he let the matter slide as he did his fade to the backgound of the other more dominant officers present.

Errowyn just sat there, keeping a neutral typical Neko hard to read expression. Even at the name when it was mentioned.

Johanberg took notes. "Star coordinates so we can get the show on the road?" He turned his attention to another officer, "Has stores been uploaded and secured for departure? Ship Maintanence done?" Looking at onother officer. He had received hand guestures from the officers in question. He turned his full attention back to Cyrus, awaiting his answer.

He tossed a datapad to the captian. "This has our location, plus all our codes and security replies." He said nodding to the Captian. "We have one other ship on the ground, and have supplies being loaded. I also need to transfer some of my new recuits to your ship." He said.

"Have them report to the space port, slip 34 and be ready when we return you back to planet side. We will follow you out in your ship." Johan spoke, "Estimated time of deparure?"

Errowyn spoke up, "Inna few hours Tiasa. We was loading the Queens Slave when I joined you guys at the T7 Raccoon."

Johan gave the orders and the Officers Dispursed from the brifing room. Johan stood up and motioned them to follow him back to the shuttle bays. This time he entered a different section of the bay to an Awaiting Shuttle of Nepleslian manufacture.

McCall softly to Cyrus. "I will keep an eye on the new recruits aboard the Iceberg."

"Good idea. It would be bad to piss off the men with a warship." He said stepping aboard the shuttle.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back