Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SACN [Secured Communication]To Motoyoshi Saito

Tyler

Inactive Member
To: Taisho-Motoyoshi Saito
Re: Kiyoko's Truth

Taisho, I've uncovered pertinent information pertaining to Kiyoko's decision to stand against Yui and the 1st. I've attached a direct copy of what I found on her laptop while packing up her remaining possessions in her cabin on Hotaru.

I’ve recently discovered Kiyoko’s reasoning behind what she did. I am sending you a transcript of what I’ve found on her private laptop as a part of my personal investigation. But the basic idea behind it is that she did what she believed was right in protecting the Freespacers because their ships were under-armed and unprepared for a battle with us.

I do not personally approve of our military's actions in making such a grandoise display of force against an inferior faction. It paints us all as tyrants and monsters, and will make the civilians think nothing has changed since the previous empress.

Taii Motoyoshi Caine
CO of the 17th Kasairyuu

TO Taii Motoyoshi Caine
CO, 17th Kasairyuu Power Armor Wing

In all honesty, I agree with you...unfortunately, my position is necessary for the survival of these colonies and our people, and I have been unable to say such things. Only to Prince Tio have I confided, and I do not know if I can maintain my position for long with my beliefs.

I feel personally responsible for her death, being unable to prevent her or her killer from leaving 5th XF space -- neither was supposed to go there. I cannot fully fault her killer, who was merely working to maintain Imperial security and return stolen vessels. If you must blame someone for the death of your lover, please blame me for not being able to intervene...

Honestly, with the guilt I feel, it's all I can do to bring the fleet back to combat readiness with the reemergence of the Mishhu and the Hanabusa's escape.

taisho_x5_tiny.gif

Taisho Motoyoshi Saito
Fifth Expeditionary Fleet

To: Taisho Motoyoshi Saito

I feel like I'm as much to blame as you are, I was on the Akuro III when it happened but was powerless to help her. I tell you in honesty, had I been ordered to take my Wing against her, I'd have refused and accepted any punishment for it. And it's just another occasion of fate dealing us all a harsh blow once again, whether it's test us or simply knock us down I dunno.

We may be adopted into the clan, but it still makes us family in a way. And right now we all do need to stick together and support each other, Katsuko may have made a mistake and I think she understands that. I'd like to meet the Prince to tell him what happened in person if I can sometime, or at least talk with him.

TO Taii Motoyoshi Caine
CO, 17th Kasairyuu Power Armor Wing

I am surw he is getting millions if not billiobs of communications of condolences...but you are Motoyoshi, and should be able to reach him. Why not send a message? You were there in her last moments, and he may wish to now how his sister died, as well as what she died for.

taisho_x5_tiny.gif

Taisho Motoyoshi Saito
Fifth Expeditionary Fleet

RPG-D RPGfix
Back