• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Seia Merula

Rabbit Eclair

Inactive Member
Name: Seia Merula

General Information

Species: Elysian (plebeian)

Family / Creators: Athiel Dives (biological mother) Marius Etraleo (biological father)

Employer: Currently Unemployed
Current Assignment: None.

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6' 0
Weight: 92 lbs.
Bra Size: B

Build and Skin Colour: Somewhat thin, but with just enough mass to give her a decidedly feminine form. Her skin is pale white, as are her wings--with occasional streaks of brown marring the feathers. Her posture is slightly stooped, but still upright enough to make her notably taller than many plebeians.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Her eyes are a slate grey color, and her face has a pleasing simplicity--a sort of girl-next-door look.
Hair Colour and Style: Pale blond hair which extends halfway down her back. She leaves it in a simple, natural style most of the time. When she's cooking or doing something else where it could get in the way, she keeps it in a bun.

Distinguishing Features: She wears no jewelry, makeup, or other ornamentation, and almost always remains dressed in a white lyko.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Seia has a quiet dignity about herself, rarely getting visibly upset or embarrassed, and even less commonly getting angry at somebody. She tends to view problems as tests from God, and faces them with the serene assumption that they can be solved given time and patience. Still, there's enough Patrician culture in her to make her care about her own honor, which she actively accumulates through constant improvement of her skills. If the barbarians around her don't recognize that there is honor in these things, well, that's just their loss. She longs to become accomplished enough to eventually return home and be crowned a patrician, but she'd never admit this to herself, let alone somebody else.

She considers herself--and even more so, her race--as clearly superior to those around her, but she respects non-Elysians. Plenty used to being subservient, she has no problems with taking orders from them when need be, but her pride is enough that they'd better generally be polite orders. Still, as long as she's isn't subjected to outright insults or abuse, she tends to be friendly and non-confrontational.

While lacking any formal education, she's quite intelligent and a quick study. She enjoys reasoning things out and playing Devil's Advocate... though only to help her acquaintances see the problems in their reasoning. Doing so simply to annoy people would just be crass. Still, she's spent almost her entire life up until now cleaning things and cooking, so she can be more than a little naive at times.

Likes: Silence, people who understand the joy of creating something, creating new recipes, sewing, debate, fresh fruit.
Dislikes: Impolite and blunt people, pragmatism, combat (in all forms), languages other than Seraphim.
Goals: To return to Empyrean; to continue honing her skills enough to gain personal Kleos.

History

Seia was born as the result of a married Archangel's (Athiel) illicit affair with a plebeian servant (Marius)... something that no party involved was very happy about. As having the affair made public could ruin the couple's good standing, Athiel hid herself from public eye through the pregnancy, giving birth to the child in secret and sending her to be raised among the couple's servants.

Fortunately for Seia, there were far worse places for a plebeian to live. In the middle of Empyrean and spending most of her time in a luxurious house, she was far better fed than most. That it was no secret among the servants that the girl was a child of a patrician certainly didn't hurt--while she lived and worked as a servant, she was aware from a very young age that she could have been more. She carried the typical idolization of patricians, but this was always coupled with the knowledge that that could be her. Such was it that she worked for her own personal honor as well as that of the race, striving to become worthy enough to ascend to the rank she was almost born at.

A wrench was thrown into her plans when one of her mother's political enemies learned of the girl's birth through the midwife. Faced with exposure, the couple did everything they could to eliminate evidence... and Seia herself was the biggest piece of evidence around. They shipped the girl out of Elysian territory, gave her enough money to survive on for several years, and asked her to do anything but come back.

Skills

Culinary: Cooking was one of Seia's primary duties when she was a servant, and it's the skill that she's taken the most effort to sharpen. She's most accomplished with cooking high-class foods such as desserts, but can just as easily make a simple loaf of bread. She, of course, works best when given a broad range of ingredients to use, but she has enough ingenuity to improvise new recipes if supplies are lacking. Whatever she makes, she considers cooking a form of art, so the food is almost always arranged and garnished in order to make it aesthetically pleasing.

Domestic: Seia is quite skilled with cleaning, doing laundry, and other basic household chores.

Knowledge (memory, ease of learning): While she has little formal education, the Elysian is bright and quick to remember things. Any attempts to teach her new skills tend to show her as a star pupil.

Physical: Used to long hours of work and gifted with above-human strength (if not quite up to patrician standards), Seia is fairly strong when compared to other races, and she can endure quite a bit before getting tired. Her wings are also strong enough to let her glide if need be--a huge point of pride for her.

Humanities (diplomacy and debate): Difficult to upset and almost always polite, she can serve as a good intermediary or negotiator. She also has a knack for argument (the logical sort, not the you're-a-poop-head sort) and is fairly good at looking for holes in others' beliefs. Of course, she remains blind to any holes in her own beliefs.

OOC Notes

My submission for the Zoya. If the names aren't Elysian-appropriate, they can easily be changed... I could find very few guidelines about what sort of names they use, so I based most of them closely on Latin names (which is to say, most of them are Latin names). Also, thanks to Jake for helping me put the pieces together to make something resembling a coherent backstory. I apologize if I completely butchered anything you suggested!

She probably will have a large pool of starting funds too, but I haven't decided how much yet.

Yeah, but you don't have to take all seven. No formal education, no combat skills, and very little experience with surviving on her own... frankly, I was pressed to justify five. I usually struggle to hit 7 anyway, unless it's a military character with a big block of required skills.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back