Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Server Wipe

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
The hosting provider says we've got to wipe the server and install a new operating system. This will wipe out all data on the server. I am attempting to back up all files and databases but I wanted to give you a heads up because there will be some downtime.

Update: Okay, it looks like the backup is going to take place on Monday, so I'm going to make another backup of the forums late Sunday night.

There will be 2-4 hours of downtime, and then I'll be able to start restoring the services and pages on the server (forums and wiki).

The forums are back online!

The wiki is back online now.

Fixed some DNS issues with the server that were causing the www version of the site URL not to work and for some users to be unable to connect to the site normally.

Am trying to access the old CCG but I keep getting 404s. Not the Wiki "page does not exist" but a 404 error.

What's up with that?

The CCG was moved to the wiki approximately 4 years ago. There are no plans to restore the old HTML version.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back