Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP Concluded [Seventh Fleet] Images and Tours

Soban

Convention Veteran
RP Date
Ye 46.6
RP Location
YSS Densetsu
Fletcher worked at the desk that Katsuko had gifted him with the ship at the transfer of command ceremony. What he was terming the Alliance Defense Zone was coming along smoothly enough. Colonists from most species in the Kikyo Sector were establishing colonies. The high number of Separa'Shan colonists felt a bit high given their officially published population statistics. He had worked with Ranga Havard to get allied nations to send a few ships to help patrol the small zone. There were less then half a dozen stars within the zone, but their positioning was strategic. Outside of the zone were also some 'wildcat' colonies that wanted to be more free of Yamataian influence and were willing to accept the risk of not being defended by the Seventh Fleet as it waged war against the Rushhu Vutcryar, the Mishhuvurthyar splinter faction in this region. The other threats, such as the Swarmtide, Scionate, Vordachibeans, Kuvexians, and more seemed content for the moment to keep thier heads down, but that could always change on a dime.

[Sir, I have a bit of an unusual request. I declined to aquess as it involved you.] Came across his priority notifacation feed from his fleet Aide, Nakano Hoitsu.

Fletcher looked at it with a frown, he trusted the Taisa to make her judgements. Decline to acquiesce meant 'no' most of the time. However, it also meant that a second opinion might be in order. [Send it over.] He typed back.

A moment later he looked up to see Shoi Fujita Ingrid, a deadly jet black Nekovalkyrja soldier with narrow black eyes and pixie cut dark brown hair. The information about her name and rank, along with the fact he had guest spoken to her Advanced Tactics and Strategy class as the Academy, was provided to him through the connection to the fleet's AI. "How can I help you Shoi?" Fletcher asked.

Fujita blushed nerviously, "I didn't expect to see you sir, I just..." She trailed off, looking around the command deck.

Fletcher nodded, while he appreciated his exalted rank, it did come with some downsides occasionally. Especially when he wanted to get a genuine pulse on what was happening in his fleet. No one acted the same when the eyes of thier Taisho were upon them. "Get to it, Fujita."

Fujita nodded, standing a bit straighter. "Sir, this is a personal request. My mother gifted me memories of several locations on this ship. Now that I'm serving here I wish to see them in person."

Fletcher nodded, but his flagship's Taisa should have been able to take care of this. "How does this involve me?" He asked.

She presented her tablet with a familiar image on the screen of the other side of his shower. "Taisho Katsuko talked to other officers through this."

"And that's in my quarters." Fletcher considerd for a quick moment turning her request down, but decided that the morale boost would probably be worth it. He stood, "I suppose it can't hurt anything for you to take a quick look. Follow me."

The two proceeded up the spiraling staircase to the boat hatch into his quarters. The heart shaped nest, armoire, and comfort bed were almost identical to how they had been in Katsuko's day. "The extra bedding is from a time when the Taisho and the Fleet Aide were seeing each other. Nakano and I don't have that sort of relationship, so she has quarters in officer country." He explained as he lead her back to the showers. There was the hole in the wall, closed at the moment. "There it is, it still sees occasional use."

Fujita stepped closer to it, and motioned if she could touch it. Fletcher nodded, she opened it and then closed it again before stepping back. "Thank you sir." She said.

"Anything else private you want to see, perhaps my Underwear drawer?" He asked with gentle humor.

"Oh no, sir." Fujita said, suprised and then laughing with the Taisho for a moment.

Fletcher and Fujita started back down to the flag deck. "Excellent, now there is a price for bothering me like you have. Addional duties I want you to preform."

A worried look crossed Fujita's face. "Sir?" She said.

They arrived back at Fletcher's desk as he explained. "You are now an adjutent to the fleet historian. You'll be expected to help her with whatever needs doing in addtion to your current duties. I'll tell her that you are on your way to see her."

Fujita nodded, "Thank you sir, I will do my best sir." She said with a bow and scurrying off as Fletcher sat down in the big black chair and added Fujita to his list of officers to see what she did in the future.

OOC: With Thanks to Andrew for excellent descriptions of what the Densetsu is like on the wiki.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back