• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Shastas World] Sun Scorpion Class Mech/ Tortantula Class Mech

Charmaylarg Dufrain

🎖️ Game Master
Bugmech #1 and #2 with the latter being the same mech but an alternate version with missiles and some shields (Ive made like 4 bug mechs...)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
A couple months ago I was at Dragon Con going to a lot of panels about sci-fi literature and one of the authors there was Kacey Ezell, an Air Force veteran who was a helicopter pilot and she talked about writing in a shared universe called the Four Horseman Universe. I wrote this down in my notes to look at later.

I recently checked out their wiki and I noticed the Tortantula is one of the species in the Galactic Union of that universe. An internet search shows basically that universe seems to be the only place where the name Tortantula is used. What I'm getting at here is it's come to my attention that the name of this submission seems to be unique to another scifi IP. Intentional or unintentional...it doesn't matter and I'm not trying to place blame here. But we wouldn't name a SARP mecha a Jem'Hadar or a Harkonnen for reasons of originality and to avoid lawsuits, so I don't think we should be naming stuff after unique creatures from novels either. I'd like to explore alternative names out of respect for these authors I see at least once a year.

Source:

Yeah, you gotta watch out for those ChatGPT names, I end up Googling them before using them out of paranoia now.

The easiest solution is to just make it Tarantula but feel free to come up with something else if you think of a better one.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back