Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Ship?

Kendokio

Inactive Member
Previously I have read that to have your own ship you must be an officer. Does this mean that I cannot have a small ship for just my character to fly around the planets in?

Solution
These days, any character can have a starship! But you want to think about...
  • Is your character a licensed pilot or do they have access to hire a pilot? (Note: There are also AI pilots)
  • Can your character afford to purchase or rent a starship (and presumably, the insurance and maintenance for it)?
  • Does the ship need crew?
  • Do you have the infrastructure to store the starship when you're not using it, if needed?
Basically, your character should probably be pretty wealthy. It's more expensive than a car or a house.
That would be up for questioning. You might be able to posses a small shuttle, Wim Herzog for example originaly had a ship before it was ret-conned out of existance. You would probably have to ask Wes or Yangfan, since they will likely make a decision based on your characters background.

These days, any character can have a starship! But you want to think about...
  • Is your character a licensed pilot or do they have access to hire a pilot? (Note: There are also AI pilots)
  • Can your character afford to purchase or rent a starship (and presumably, the insurance and maintenance for it)?
  • Does the ship need crew?
  • Do you have the infrastructure to store the starship when you're not using it, if needed?
Basically, your character should probably be pretty wealthy. It's more expensive than a car or a house.

Solution
RPG-D RPGfix
Back