• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Should Ketsurui Zaibatsu issue a recall on Yamataians?

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Inactive Member
Retired Staff
Okay, not seriously, but....

It does appear that the engineers failed to accomplish one of their goals when it comes to Yamataians.

Yamataians are designed to be able to reproduce successfully with humans and even NH-29 Series Nekovalkyrjas.

Is it really considered succesful if it requires medical assistance for it to happen?

Wundering minds want to know..

Where does it say it requires medical assistance? Yamataians CAN reproduce successfully with both humans and NH-series Nekovalkyrja. The Nekos, however, can only have female offspring.

kai said:
Where does it say it requires medical assistance? Yamataians CAN reproduce successfully with both humans and NH-series Nekovalkyrja. The Nekos, however, can only have female offspring.

It says it right here on the Neko-29 page, and it doesn't say they can only have female offspring. In fact it says, to "simulate" so its not truly reproduction with a Yamataian.

While essentially an advanced form of self-cloning, it is possible for a NH-29, with medical assistance, to reprogram the genetic material submitted to the child to actually be able to simulate bearing the child of ‘another’ – even then, the nanomachines will monitor and remove any possible defect caused by mismatching chromosomes at the sub-atomic scale and the gender typically defaults to female,

The NH-29 are the ones that requires medical assistance to bear children whom will not default as youngling clones of themselves. All it requires for them to be able to simulate giving birth to a child made with another person would be to have a stop by the doctor's place to declare the intention of wishing for such progeny.

The doctor discusses the desires of the hopeful parents, draws an analysis of each DNA samples and tries to narrow down with them the sort of children it might produce. Much as when a person switches to another body and gets the option of altering the next body to her liking, the parents and the doctor get to cover that aspect of the child.

Once the couple and the doctor have ironed out all the details, then the doctor like uploads the needed information to the nekovalkyrja to be able to produce the egg-structure needed. For same-sex couples, the fabrication made will likely be made from material joining the specifications of the two DNA samples. For heterosexual couples, it might be a similar egg-structure, or one that can be fertilized by the male (mostly to further the romanticism and sentimentalism behind the concept).

Truth is, the NH-29 nekovalkyrja, on her own, has the capabilities to do so herself. However, the NH-29 was designed before Empress Himiko's reign and there was the need for birth control to be applied to a degree - there was no need for a 2-years old neko to get all infatuated with a fellow yamataian male crewmember and decide spontaneously to conceive a child (instead of a more resilient and more quickly adaptable nekovalkyrja youngling) in wartime on a warship. The need to stop by the doctor made it so to insure that the neko's desire to conceive would be screened.

While a trip to the doctor is nothing so bad if you would like something as significant as a child (most humans end up going to the doctor during a pregnancy several times anyways), I suppose that with the new reform, the Ketsurui Zaibatsu might arrange for nekos considered 'of age' (whatever qualificative that may be) to have the right to a software patch which would allow them the ability to conceive those non-self-cloned children on their own with their chosen partners.

That said, it's an issue with the NH-29. There's absolutely no relevance with the viability of the Yamataian there.

I agree with the fact that the problem is technically on the Neko side, but my point is still valid, Yamataians, can not reproduce with a Neko without intervention and with what you described its definitely not true reproduction between the two.

That's all I was saying.

Yes. So?

If this was a thread poking at the apparent deficiency the NH-29 has (an intentional one), I'd be able to relate. But you're pointing at an engineering problem on the level of the Yamataian.

Grab a yamataian man, have him get his intercourse with a nekovalkyrja, and I can guarantee his spooge will do its damnable best to make life happen, provided the neko 'mother' gives it something to work with.

That same yamataian man can totally make out and raise a family with a Yamataian female or a nepleslian female. The reverse is totally true. Yamataians likely breed true even with geshrins. Heck, works even with Elysians (in fact, it worked with the geshrins even before).

Your point, Ketsurui Zaibatsu recalling the Yamataian for this - as the thread's subject displays - simply doesn't hold water.

However, if you actually meant that the nekovalkyrja is limited in childbearing, then yes, you are right. The NH-29 nekovalkyrja needs help to emulate childbirth in the manner humans understand it. However, the nekovalkyrja are totally capable of furthering the survival of their own 'species' via parthogenesis - self-cloning. The NH-29, like many of its predecessors, can create a miniature version of herself inside her own womb (ex.: Kôsuka, a Ketsurui Samurai, gave birth to Kotori - the current commanding officer of the YSS Miharu) which emerges after a few weeks and then takes a couple of months to grow to its adult-size with a very distinct persona to the original.

Fred,

All I was saying was that based on this statement.

Yamataians are designed to be able to reproduce successfully with humans and even NH-29 Series Nekovalkyrjas.

The Designers didn't succeed. Because as you have commented on the NH-29 can not reproduce via sexual exchange.

They can have all the kitty sex they want, but a Yamatiaan male can't get a NH-29 pregnant. That's all I was saying.

Have a nice day.
:ugeek:

It's not really something you can hold against the Yamataian, though. I mean, c'mon... it was designed before the NH-29.

Not to mention they do reproduce successfully, once the NH-29 nekovalkyrja is fertile. Getting nitpicky over that matter would be sort of like saying "the yamataian fails at what it does because it cannot impregnate a 8-eight old nepleslian girl" or "my lightbulb fails at making light because I have to turn its switch on". It's not a case of failure so much as the conditions not being right.

Thank you, yes, I am having a nice day. The nomenclature for your question was sort of twisted and hard to relate to at first as it did not really reflect the point you were trying to get at... but on the other hand, we got to it and I happen to have designed the NH-29 in the first place - hopefully that helped square things out because that's what this forum is about. It's not untrue that some aspects of the NH-29 could use more details - but most of the time just glossing over them does the job (overdetailing turns off new players and the NH-29 nekos are one of the mainstream races for new players to use in SARP).

Also, if you're feeling defensive or edgy about my bluntness, well, I happen to be sterile. I need hormonal treatment for something like four to six months to have my testes capable of producing the spermatazoids needed for 'successful' procreation. Considering that, I think the yamataian & nekovalkyrja couple has it pretty easy with a simple one hour visit to the doctor to set things up and hardly consider it a failure. Also, if I got with a girl and that we couldn't have children because I'm not fertile, I don't think she should consider herself a failure because I'm usually not in a state that can conceive.

Hi Fred,

No problem, it was just the nitpicker in me. The post was meant more tongue in cheek. After all they aren't going to recall millions of people for a problem that is semantics more than anything. After all, with the process you described even a Yamataian female and a NH-29 could have a child.

In my real world life, I have to be picky when I see requirements, so when I saw that text and remembered what I saw about the Nekos, it just set of my 'nit pick alarm.'

See you around. I do appreciate the explanation of the process though. Useful trivia for background.

See you later.
Brian.

My favourite part is somehow that the labour is going to be 'pleasurable' in any degree. Well if we aren't just the most superior race ever! =^.~=

I would think even though the wiki suggests a doctor is not needed, it is common practice to have one about for the birthing anyway?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back