• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN Should some Star Army positions be racially restricted?

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
To: Any other Star Army of Yamataia ship commander

I have been concerned about a member of my crew. While her performance has been acceptable, being a Yamataian does limit her some what as a Starship Operator. Since she lacks the capability of use SPINE interface, during crisis situations and conflict she will have to try and control the vessel using only manual dexterity.

First should we consider that for some positions on our vessels that there are just some that physical limitations should be considered. And if so should we then offer crew members in that situation the option of a body transfer or cross training?

I await your thoughts on this subject.

Respectfully
Ise Katae.

To: Taii Ise Katae, YSS Aeon (NG-X1-409)

Although, I have not experienced this issue myself, as I typically pilot the ship myself and my night bridge monitor is also a 'Valkyrja, I see your point. If we were to make such restrictions, it would be for positions in which a fast, direct interface with control systems is required, such as piloting, and perhaps infantry that wear powered armor. Currently it is up to each individual captain to determine who they want in each position, and captains can also order a mental transfer into a more appropriate body.

To: Taisa Hanako, YSS Eucharis (NG-X1-408)

Taisa Hanako,

Thank you for your input. Until such time as fleet policy is changed, I will as you advised use my own discretion. I will discuss with my other pilot and offer her the option to transfer to a Valkyrja. I would rather the decision to make the change be hers. But obviously if I determine that her performance is a danger to my ship, I will exercise the alternative.

Thank you.
Ise Katae.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back