Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Shoulder Locking Unit Type 29

DocTomoe

Inactive Member
SLICS Restraint Device – Shoulder Locking Unit Type 29.

Designer:
Chisei Nikuya (Helen Klein)

Information:
During the years since the introduction of the NH-27 series Nekovalkryja, the capabilities and raw power of the model have become quite apparent during the service of the units. Due to the capability of the NH-27, an increased level of security would be required to deal with their capabilities and agility. Upon consideration of the issue, the optimal method of restraining a NH-27 would be to use a method which could be attached to a system integrated component of the model.

Due to the construction of the NH-27 not being reliant upon typical organs or hemosynthetic vascular systems, a method of restraint such as shackles, or even a collar, would be ineffective due to no crucial organs to prevent a collar or shackle from simply being ripped from the flesh. Only one part of the NH-27 is a standard and integrated component, and that would be the NH-27's SLICS system, which runs through the NH-27 unit's shoulders. Due to the placement of the SLICS, this allows for restraint of the subject's arms, the key to most NH-27 unit's capabilities.

Technical Information: The "Shoulder Locking Unit Type 29â€

I can see Elysia or the Mishu developing this, but why SAINT?

The tech looks fine, but sounds a little... painful for those not gifted with SLICS.

Omega20 said:
I can see Elysia or the Mishhu developing this, but why SAINT?

The tech looks fine, but sounds a little... painful for those not gifted with SLICS.

When you're questioning a samurai who has seen things she should not have... you're going to want to keep her from slashing open her restraints, you, and your ship.

As for using it on those without SLICS.... yea... I know, its evil eh?

A. Ah. The sense has been made.

B. Adrian gives it 7/10 brutal murders.

Nice tech. Methinks approval should be passed if they don't nuke the board.

How is this supposed to work for those NH-27 whom had their bodies adapted to function with the SPINE interface instead?

( added note: on the bright side, I'm pretty certain that most Black Spiral Mindy power armors are based off the M2-1E type. They have no reason to alter themselves to SPINE since that's mostly a feature introduced on the 'more human and dumbed down' NH-29. So, your thing would work on Black Spiral neko agents Tomoe *grins* )

Heh, Fred, you pose a good point. I am in the process of thinking up a SPINE restraint device. Had it in mind even as I posted this one.

Do you really need one?

Consider this facet: NH-29 nekovalkyrja were made to depend less on their nature as a weapon and more as people. Using thier OS as a weapon against themselves might actually not be possible.

Secondly, you could stop a NH-29 in the same manner as you'd restrain a Yamataian, it's strong, but not as much as the previous neko models.

comparison based on D&D

NH-17 average Strength: 20
NH-27 average Strength: 24
NH-29 average Strength: 16
Average Yamataian strength: 10

Sure, 16 is good, but it's not as uberly out of reach as 20 or 24 and more easily controlled.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back