Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Shukaren (PC Faction Species)

Kyle

Insane Story Writer Foxy
Inactive Member
Originally I had them called the Kitsune, but chose to change their name due to Freds concern. I still used the word 'fox' as a general description for now, hopefully I'll have artwork shortly so people will have a general idea of what they look like. I've run it through a spell-checker but there's a possibility I missed a few things.

If you notice anything that needs to be changed, let me know.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=species:shukaren

Just an update:

Made some changes to the page, including taking out Altered and Purebred and replacing them with the Neshaten's language equivs.

I've also added a reference photo of what a Shukaren-Daur (Altered) looks like at the bottom of the page, it's a photo in relation to the Great War of their history, but still can serve a purpose.

Full body artwork is still in the works, but I am hoping that this piece does give a general idea of what the Shukaren-Daur generally appear as.

Who has the copyright on that artwork? If you don't have permission to use it, it should not be uploaded to StarArmy.

There are a lot of terms in this article that aren't links but should be.

There are no universal dates in the article (YE 33, etc).

Artwork is commissioned work, done by Sinziar on DeviantArt and is being used with her permission (though she did tell me that I don't need to ask her to use it on another site, but I typically do ask anyway)

I thought I put 'Sinziar' in the artworks upload title.

And I'll go ahead and fix those terms.

Update:

Placed OOC Notes to indicate that Sinziar made the artwork, also linked some of the terms there. Will create a language page so that their language will also be linked.

Update 2:

As per Nash's suggestion, I've broken up the Shukaren's species page so that the Shukaren Laibe and Daur have their own seperate pages, they only possess a small bit of information on both, including seperate histories and psylogical details. Most of the information however still remains on the main page.

Another update:

Added a color chart for the apperance tab on suggestion from Aendri.

Barring any objections, I will approve this race in 3 days.

Regretably, I was hoping to have two more commissioned works ready for this (I commished the work a month ago) but sadly the person that is working on it has been rather busy with life, only gotten the sketches so far for it, but she probably won't have the finished work until possibly next month.

Otherwise, I don't plan on making any further changes.

Unless there are objections, I will approve this in 3 days or so.

Thanks to some suggestions by Kai and Jimmy, I've made the following changes to the Shukaren:

1. Made them Nocturnal, meaning they are more active at night and sleep mainly during the day.

2. Added Diatery and Sleeping Habits to both pages.

3. Removed references to fox.

I don't believe these should interfere with the submission.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back