• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayame

Inactive Member
Wes,

A few things about signatures...

1) Will they be limited to merely our rank, title, etc... like on the old boards or can they be a quote?

2) If they can be a quote, why is there a 255 character limit on it?

3) Can you remove the character limit?

The reason I ask is as follows, I have been using a quote online for years now (dates back to my site) and it is very long. If it isn't possible thats fine, its just been with me for a very long time and I think I'll miss it. I'll post it here for you to read:

"All things change, nothing is extinguished. There is nothing in the whole world which is permanent. Everything flows onward; all things are brought into being with a changing nature; the ages themselves glide by in constant movement." - Ovid 43 BC - 18 AD, Roman Poet

Also one more thing, why won't my signature appear at the bottom of the post?

I'd prefer rank and title, or no signature at all. The problem with quotes is that they end up being read again and again...after seing any quote about 4 times, it gets annoying. I can't say I've ever got tired of seeing the rank pins, though, and the rank pins help keep things focused on the game.

I'm sorry. I know you want to put latin on every post of yours. I'm not sure why it isn't doing it automatically, since the settings tell it to.

On this board, I can actually edit user settings and signatures, by the way. ^_^

*Cuddles* Maybe a quotes thread? *ponders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ