• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Silhouette/Mirror Neural Operating Construct

The main problem i see is if the machine is shared between users. Then it could cause the problem of mixing these memories and "additive consciousness" and then a person gets in it and they get all of the memories and such from these other people. Unless I'm just reading this way off and if that's the case I'm sorry for my intrusion.

No, not really. It can't synchronize back with another consciousness. If two users sat in tandem, it could do both but the experience would be like a trainer-armor with two sets of control systems: One master and one slave with Slave being the trainer and Master taking charge if Trainer goofs up (just like how they teach flight).

Not really, since they lack the life-experience to use it properly.
Their capacity for judgement is much younger and much slower compared to true life-forms because it's been rapidly cultivated.

In short: A Yamataian using this will surpass a typical Neko and come close to the rates of advanced AI (think X1 Ghost from Macross Plus or the YF21 on Limiter Release if it operates at the highest levels) -- However, a Neko with age akin to most life-forms (18 years +) will see improvement, just like a Yamataian would.

As for computer-type brains, a Neko might have these capabilities -- But I have never ever seen them demonstrate it. The general consensus or bias is that Neko are some how 'disadvantaged' emotionally, just like Bladerunner's Replicants - And the system relies quite heavily on that emotional response: That ability to get in the zone which you can't do after 6 months of boot-camp.

You need life-experiences to form your motivations and to calm you and keep you paced and relaxed so you perform at your very best.
People who get excited or enjoy the fight or fear it miss things. They make mistakes. They make the wrong decision. They try to hurry the fight to get their "reward" (as stated in the Mindy: Neko getting a "high" from beating an enemy).

This is more like a Zen approach, giving a pilot of sufficient memory and experience a temporary glimpse at what would be like combat enlightenment.

edit:
I'm beginning to see a trend in my submissions: They place performance above sustainability.

No, not really. It can't synchronize back with another consciousness. If two users sat in tandem, it could do both but the experience would be like a trainer-armor with two sets of control systems: One master and one slave with Slave being the trainer and Master taking charge if Trainer goofs up (just like how they teach flight).

Not really, since they lack the life-experience to use it properly.
Their capacity for judgement is much younger and much slower compared to true life-forms because it's been rapidly cultivated.

In short: A Yamataian using this will surpass a typical Neko and come close to the rates of advanced AI (think X1 Ghost from Macross Plus or the YF21 on Limiter Release if it operates at the highest levels) -- However, a Neko with age akin to most life-forms (18 years +) will see improvement, just like a Yamataian would.

As for computer-type brains, a Neko might have these capabilities -- But I have never ever seen them demonstrate it. The general consensus or bias is that Neko are some how 'disadvantaged' emotionally, just like Bladerunner's Replicants - And the system relies quite heavily on that emotional response: That ability to get in the zone which you can't do after 6 months of boot-camp.

You need life-experiences to form your motivations and to calm you and keep you paced and relaxed so you perform at your very best.
People who get excited or enjoy the fight or fear it miss things. They make mistakes. They make the wrong decision. They try to hurry the fight to get their "reward" (as stated in the Mindy: Neko getting a "high" from beating an enemy).

This is more like a Zen approach, giving a pilot of sufficient memory and experience a temporary glimpse at what would be like combat enlightenment.

edit:
I'm beginning to see a trend in my submissions: They place performance above sustainability.

If you like what I said before then you can use it in your Wiki.

But to be honest I don't see how the laws about soul transfer apply quite the way Wes is saying. If you want to look at it from that perspective it would be more like a body swap. But instead of something like a Nepleslian swapping into a Yamataian body, you have the pilot that is swapping his body for what he is piloting. And then when the pilot is done with whatever he needs to do he effectively swaps back to his normal body and you no longer have a soldier that is effectively a war machine in and of himself. As for why this can't be done by simply plugging the pilot into the suit via a neural connector is because then you don't have to worry about the system having an overload and sending enough feedback to the pilot to kill him.

I think Tomoe has provided an elegant solution and would fit to show that Origin serves all the nations it provides technology solutions to, while still respecting the laws inside each individual nation. Such as Yamatai in this case.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…