• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Simulation Chamber Discussion Thread

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Welcome, a place for the chatter.

How will the format be? Will this be an SP-style monologue where some advertisement spokesman shows of the features TV-style? An open question-and-answer period? Live field testing via mini-plotship battle?

Also, will this be a testing ground for only the volunteers and the most uncertain technologies, or soon is it become mandatory in all submissions? I've noticed a trend around SARP where you have either roleplayers, GMs, or tech writers. But a good roleplayer might not make a good GM, a good GM might not be a good tech-writer, and a good tech-writer might not be a good roleplayer, so I'm concerned that this might unlevel the playing field between tech designers if it become a key component in the approval process. Of course, that concern probably won't be an issue if it's just a minor demonstration scene as opposed to a full-blown pseudo-plot.

Just my questions/critique.

Strangelove said:
How will the format be? Will this be an SP-style monologue where some advertisement spokesman shows of the features TV-style? An open question-and-answer period? Live field testing via mini-plotship battle?

Also, will this be a testing ground for only the volunteers and the most uncertain technologies, or soon is it become mandatory in all submissions? I've noticed a trend around SARP where you have either roleplayers, GMs, or tech writers. But a good roleplayer might not make a good GM, a good GM might not be a good tech-writer, and a good tech-writer might not be a good roleplayer, so I'm concerned that this might unlevel the playing field between tech designers if it become a key component in the approval process. Of course, that concern probably won't be an issue if it's just a minor demonstration scene as opposed to a full-blown pseudo-plot.

Just my questions/critique.

Consider it a SP Demonstration, where Staff/Admins can decide also to interact with the designer in terms of questioning the performance or utilization of a certain function, etc.

There are times I may lean towards a SP battle, maybe inserting an already accepted ship model as an opponent or something to that effect.

The point however is to show how the design is going to function in roleplay, as that all designs submitted must be constructive and useful to the setting.

I am not going to make it mandatory for all submissions--I may ask however that some submissions be tested here.

The purpose is however for us to put a little fun into this forum section again, and also help work out some kinks in designs so they are role player friendly.

Anyway feel free to bring something in for us to play with.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back