• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Sitanin Zbrojovka Model 79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
(Note: Uso Tasuki seems to be one of the "pros" at this design stuff, and has created an excellent template. I admit my shameless theft of said template, and I'm using it for my own not-so-nefarious devices. Also, I don't know if this is the best place to introduce said "corporation," but I'll post it if needed. Please, be brutal.)

SiZi 79 "P" civilian defence pistol

Designer: Sitanin Uusushi and Yuko Langrova
Manufacturer: Sitanin Zbrojovka (SiZi), Nepleslia

Name: SiZi Model 79
Model: 79 "Prototypical" (first manufacture)
Type: Semi-automatic short-recoil pistol (cartridges)
Length (whole;barrel): 200mm;135mm
Weight: 950g unloaded

Caliber: 10x25mm Ketsurui Zaibatsu or 10.5x22mm SiZi Special
Capacity: 16 cartridges in detachable box magazines (10.5mm version holds 15 using different magazines)
Trigger pull: 3.175kg DA, 0.6kg SA
Sights: "Gutter" integral rear sight w/red dot, adjustable for windage/elevation
Safeties: Ambidextrous decocker on rear of slide, pressure sensor in trigger disengages firing pin safety
Action: SA/DA

(E)ffective, (o)ptimum and ma(x)imum ranges: ~50m E, 30-35m O, 105m X
Perceived recoil: Larger shooters with bigger hands felt little recoil. Average shooters with average hands felt little recoil. Smaller shooters with smaller hands felt moderate recoil.
Muzzle blast: About a 1.5-inch darker orange-colored circle.
Field strip procedure: Pull slide back. Flip safety catch straight up. Push slide forward.

Visual notes: All steel construction, blued. Plastic grips. Spur hammer. Slide release diagonal-upper rear of trigger. Slide extends up around "gutter" sight to add more grip. Dual cams lock barrel in place; barrel unlinked during recoil then locked upon chambering. Frame envelopes slide rails. Barrel protrudes 2mm from slide. No front sight. Equipment rail found on "Production" (P2) model.

Description: Pistol created for "Nepleslian citizenry;" relatively cheap weapon firing powerful yet commonly found cartridge. An extra slide, two magazines and barrel came in 70 KS package to convert to 10.5mm version. A very accurate gun, competition shooters reported between 1 and 1.5 minute-of-angle groups at 100 meters using the "P" version "out of the box."

Suggested price: 188 KS + 70 KS conversion to 10.5mm
Used price: 140 KS
Magazines: 25 KS (10mm), 30 KS (10.5mm)
Wooden grips: 30 KS
10.5mm barrel: 30 KS
10.5mm slide: 50 KS

(OOC notes: Obviously, there's nothing original here. I borrowed from a whole lotta stuff using my own reference books and, of course, world.guns.ru. Essentially, think of the Jericho 941 with the USA ASP sight attached to it.)

I admit my shameless theft of said template, and I'm using it for my own not-so-nefarious devices
Well, feel free to use StarArmy.com content to help make more content for Star Army RP.

Item approved. Why's it called model 79?

Average shooters with average hands felt little recoil.
I'm not so sure about this, but I'll take your word for it.

Before I read this. Templates and Forms are not covered by copyright law so feel free to steal them whenever you want ;p

Also is this semi-auto or automatic?

Also, guess I should put up a comprehensive super template to use for guns.

This is like the 4th time I've come back and edited something in but if you want to intruduce your corporation your in the right forum but you should do it in a thread seperate from this one.

Uso Tasuki said:
Before I read this. Templates and Forms are not covered by copyright law so feel free to steal them whenever you want ;p
They are, Zack. I don't know where you got that idea, but it's totally untrue.

Round-up of responses

Wes is right. Templates, like any other document, are covered by natural copyright (you create it, it's yours).

Semi-automatic. I'll spell that out; thanks.

As for making template -- please do! That'd rock. I just expanded on yours to make my submission bulletproof.

Corporation posted in separate thread. Not much of a corp. though.

It's called the Model 79 because Model 75 was too obvious a reference, and 79 is not so obvious. I figured with everything else I slipped in I should attempt to be at least a little subtle.

Thanks again, all.

Perhaps I made way to broad a statement.

You can copy forms (Such as an application and whatnot) without havnig to worry about copyright law. Along the same lines Wes can't sue you if you use a template he made to put up a ship design on his site. I don't know if you can use the template I put up under copyright law because it wasn't put up originaly as a template. But you don't have to worry about getting sued unless you leave this site.

Where did you post your corporation?

.....I don't get the referance.

Edit: OMG microwaves make fryed bacon super crispy!

SUPA ECKSTURA KURISPAY! GOGO!

Ohhhh. Yeah. I getcha.

Corporation post was eaten through editing. It'll come up later, along with another weapon. Sorry 'bout that.

"SiZi" (sounds like CZ, as in Ceska Zbrojovka) and its "Model 75" were too obvious. (CZ75, my favorite pistol of all time). So I changed it to "Model 79," which is my favorite Gundam. I'm lame like this.

Perhaps I made way to broad a statement.

You can copy forms (Such as an application and whatnot) without havnig to worry about copyright law. Along the same lines Wes can't sue you if you use a template he made to put up a ship design on his site. I don't know if you can use the template I put up under copyright law because it wasn't put up originaly as a template.
Again, this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back