Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Site Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aendri

Inactive Member
Don't know that it's really an issue, but all of the fonts on the site are showing as bold standard now, and there's no difference between bolded words and non-bolded words that I can see. If I use my set of fonts in firefox, it goes away, but when I tell it to use the fonts the site is set to use, it reverts.

I'm not having this problem, have you changed any settings recently or installed any new addons, plug-ins, programs, etc? Because it may just be a new program or something screwing with your settings.

I installed a game, but it doesn't even interact with the internet. And my question is that when I use the font my firefox uses, it's normal. It's only when I tell it to use the site's standard font that it gets wierd.

That is weird. Like i said, I don't have this problem and I double-checked, my settings are still using the site's font so I'm assuming it must be something with your PC.

Maybe you zoomed in?

My firefox you can hold the the ctrl + mouse wheel zooms the text in and out which could cause something similar.

It's annoying too since it doesn't save the zoom on all websites, only the page you zoomed on. This is just a guess though.

No, because italic fonts are normal. But all standard fonts now display as bold, and bold fonts display the same.

Any idea of how I could do that? Only way I know of is to do it off of the install CDs, but I have a netbook, and I never had an install CD, or a CD drive, for that matter.

You could always try uninstalling mozilla and reinstalling it via the download on their website.

Not the problem, sadly. I went and checked, it's the source font file that's corrupted somehow. And I have yet to come up with a way to fix that without a CD.

Search the internet for a download of it :)

Worst come to worst, you could always copy another font you like and rename it and substitute that instead, right?

In fact, that give me an idea. We could get one of us SARPers to send you the font file you need via email. Which font is it?

The two big ones are Arial Black (TrueType) and the entire Lucida set. But I'm missing about 30-40 of the fonts that are listed, though most I don't care about.

edit: the path for the Arial font I need is C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ariblk.TTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back