• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Slavery

Tyler

Inactive Member
What is slavery like among the societies, namely Yamataian. Would it be too much to ask for a sample of a day in the life as a Yamatai Slave? What of slave children born to two slaves; are they owned by their parents or their parent's master? And how is poverty non-existent?

What is slavery like among the societies, namely Yamataian? Would it be too much to ask for a sample of a day in the life as a Yamatai Slave?
You mean, like Hanako? ^_^;

Slavery on Nepleslia (which tends not to go by the YSE's laws) is much more brutal. Whereas Yamataian slaves are treated as pets and employees, Neleslian slaves are often treated like farm animals.

What of slave children born to two slaves; are they owned by their parents or their parent's master?
in accordance with Proposal #48:
1. Slaves are now covered under the right to life act. Masters are not allowed to murder their slaves.
2. Slaves must be provided for. This means they should receive adequate food, water, shelter, and medical care.
3. Slaves are allowed to own their own property, including their own slaves. These are theirs to control.
4. Slaves remain enslaved until their sentence is up and or they purchase their own freedom.
5. Children of slaves are not slaves, although they are owned by their mother.

And how is poverty non-existent?
First, on Yamatai, there's a public welfare system that basically provides everyone with housing and food.

Ah I understand now. But what about education for slave children? Most Yamataian masters would provide it wouldn't they? Or would they only teach skills in things like domestic skills or a trade?

Children who are Yamataian slaves (and this is dependant on the master) would probably recieve at least basic home-schooling in basic mathematics, Japanese, and whatever skills they'd need to do their job. Things like history, advanced math would likely not be taught to them.

As a side note, most Yamtaian slave children are designed by their master before birth.

Wes said:
As a side note, most Yamtaian slave children are designed by their master before birth.

How can children be "designed" before birth if their natural born? Gene alteration perhaps? (less independent, lower agression responses and the like?)

That is because they're not created naturally, Tyler. Nobody's born a slave on Yamatai except for those born specifically to be a slave. See point 5 on proposal 48.

Low aggression and high dependency is commonly encouraged for slave children.

I'm not really seeing Geshrin or Nepleslian children selling themselves or commiting crimes before birth, Tyler.

Wes, could you give me a little more info on the slavery situation on Nepleslia? I'm thinking about starting a anti-slavery rebel group there.

Well, if it's the common illegal slavery, slaves are sold at auctions. Unlike the Yamataian type slaves, these slaves are treated as prisoners or even cattle, chained up and stuffed into cages they can barely fit into, used as objects for the most grueling labor and as objects for their captors' pleasure. If one of them has a child, the child is treated equally bad (contrary to YSE law). Such a slave usually costs around 100-500 KS and are fairly easy to obtain on the black market in any major Nepleslian city.

Most slaves come from captured spaceships, planetary raids, and special "breeding farms."

So in other words.

Brutal slavery as opposed to just dehumanizing slavery. But...

Some interesting information. I'd like to know a bit about said situation in other worlds... Elysia, Gashmere, all that...

If it's mostly of the illegal kind on Nepleslia, then an anti-slavery group would be more vigilante than rebel, I guess. Hmm.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back