• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[SMX] Airborne Kaserine Grenade

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
====== Airborne Kaserine Grenade ======

The Airborne Kaserine Grenade was created by the [[Pumpkin]]'s faction of the [[Mishhuvurthyar]] in [[YE 29]] and subsequently spread throughout the Mishhuvurthyar terrories. Based on commercially available pink [[Kaserine]], these spherical grenades have a thin, bouncy latex exterior and are activated by giving them a shock (such as bouncing them). Once activated, the grenades will explode with a pop, sending out a cloud of kaserine.

The purpose of the grenade is to transform the Mishhuvurthyar's enemies into females, so that they may be better utilized for reproduction. The balls are generally shipped in styrofoam packing and plastic containers so they're not activated prematurely, but should be handled with care, especially around humans. The gas has no effect on the Mishhuvurthyar, who are asexual creatures.

Approved.

[edit] Wikified.

Kotori said:
BWAHAHAHA!

I would laugh too, but I'm not a Mod so I fear for my well-being.

But wouldn't it just be easier to use a stun grenade to capture them, and then transform them in a controlled environment for optimal transforming? Even if Kaserine grenades could kill two birds with one stone (simultaneous stunning for capture and transforming), the fact its in gas form might lead to unpredictable results. This may include incomplete doses (hermaphrodites?) or lethal overdoses (see following quote).

Even with safe reversal Kaminer strains, there are dangers involved. The most prominent is overdose. If the dosage exceeds 45mg per kilogram of the consumer within 25 mintues (16 candies within 3 hours) then the transformation sequence will occur too quickly. Typically, this results in an immune response which attempts to destroy converted cells which means the consumer's own response system will (in most cases) kill them unless subdued. As well, overuse may result in nanomachines remaining within the body, causing potentially cancerous effects, particularly in species with healing capabilities.

And according to the original Kaserine description the male-to-female transformation results in 'incomplete' wombs, so its hard to tell if they would actually be capable of reproduction or not.

Of course, thats assuming you're only using normal Kaserine. Do the Mishhu grenade use a sort of "perfect" Kaserine? i.e., nanomachines that self-limit to prevent overdose, and complete wombs for male-to-female transformations? If so, you should probably mention that in the description, and the differences between it and normal Kaserine.

Wouldn't one need to Wait before approval? I mean the Contribution board is there for people to discuss the technology.

Cora, don't bring the fight into this thread.

Also, if the Mishhu are laying eggs inside the women, are complete wombs even necessary?

Cora is right though, approving something less than a minute after it has been posted defeats the purpose of having the contributions portion of the site even if this doesn't have any technical aspects wrong with it.

I agree with both Cora and Uso on the issue of actually waiting for comments before approving something. Also, how exactly does this substance work on other species? Do each of these nanomachines somehow posses the genemapping and analyzing abilities normally restricted to large mainframes? To me this seems that there would have to be different 'types of this 'Kaserine' for each group of related species, since there is a pretty small limit to the amount of data you can store on a nanobot.

Then we should bring up the point where it has already been discussed, not get this thread off topic.

In any case, I can see this being used a great deal...perhaps by Nepleslians as well of they ever got their hands on it.

Well, since Kaserine is my submission, I'll weigh in here.

The entry for Kaserine contains footnotes about weaponized versions and the like; this is simply a logical extension of that. Thus, all complaints about the mode of operation should really go there...in fact, they did, before it was approved.

Honestly, you guys (Uso, Cora, Vesper) are just making waves about nothing here. This is simply an existing chemical being used in a different fashion, and you're arguing for the sake of arguing. (The worst sort of argument.)

As for Leutre's comments, the Kaserine formula is fairly mutable and can create a great deal of effects above and beyond what the 'basic' strain described can do. Though such variants were left undescribed, that left the Kaserine delivery system open for modificiation by industrious individuals - or by the Misshu.

This looks like a prelude for Misshu invasion of Nepleslia, honestly. What could be a more effective weapon than perverting the gender identity of a largely male-populated society?

This looks like a prelude for Mishhu invasion of Nepleslia, honestly. What could be a more effective weapon than perverting the gender identity of a largely male-populated society?

...something that actually kills them, perhaps?

Moonman said:
This looks like a prelude for Mishhu invasion of Nepleslia, honestly. What could be a more effective weapon than perverting the gender identity of a largely male-populated society?

Oh, they have PLENTY of things to kill you with already. Its just more fun to demoralize you first, remember.

Moon Doll's Twin said:
Moonman said:

Oh, they have PLENTY of things to kill you with already. Its just more fun to demoralize you first, remember.

Heh, if you want to demoralize a group of Nepleslians, the LAST thing you'd want to do is introduce a bunch of women to them.

Probably very moralizing to the half that didnt get hit by the grenade, and very demoralizing to the ones that did.

Neh. I feel that the Mishus are comming reeeaaalll soon.

Unless they plan to use this planetside on civilians and such, I don't see much of a threat for the military sides.

I'm fairly certain that most powered armors and ships are very good at countermeasuring forms of biological warfare, Powered Armors from that fact that they are airtight and starships due to controlled environment systems.

...still, HEADS WOULD ROLL.

How to decapitate the Star Army of Nepleslia:

Step 1: Bomb a major Nepleslian urban center with Kaserine gas.
Step 2: Broadcast said event all news and military channels in the region.
Step 3: Wait for Nepleslian lines to break up as all military units eagerly return back to Nepleslia.
Step 4: Steamroll over all Nepleslian planets while their military forces are...otherwise occupied.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back