• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SACN SOFT Declassification (Iemochi Seinosuke)

Ethereal

Banned Member
RP Date
RP Location
YSS Resurgence
TO: Star Army Special Operations Command, Valentine, Virgo Defence Sector
FROM: Taii Iemochi Seinosuke, YSS Resurgence, First Expeditionary Fleet

To whom it may concern,

I've been approached regarding assistance with proposing/creating a Special Operations Fireteam aboard the YSS Resurgence by a crewmember aboard.

I understand that SOFT Operations are usually classified, although I am uncertain as to whether someone's past status as a SOFT Operator is also classified.

My service in SOFT 501 was cut short by actions of the Kuvexians during the War, which included the near absolute destruction of my team in the line of service during a SOFT mission.

In light of this, beyond my SOFT training and required knowledge, I don't imagine I have much compartmentalised or need-to-know information that could be gained for me if I disclose my prior operational status.

In any case, I thought it best to ask. Please let me know.

Taii Iemochi Seinosuke, prior Team Leader, SOFT 501

It's fine, just keep it in the ship.

-Yui
COMSTARARMY

TO: Taii Iemochi Seinosuke, YSS Resurgence, First Expeditionary Fleet
FROM: Chujo Iemochi Feyani, Star Army Special Operations Command, Valentine

I was composing this message when I saw our Commander has replied! As she says, as long as you use your discretion to not let the information leak from the ship, that's usually fine. Use your best discretion in who you decide to tell and ensure they know not to take the information off the ship. You may be retired from that role, but it's best not risk anything unnecessarily.

If the Captain of the Resurgence registers a SOFT team in future, we'll bear in mind your past experience when organising training opportunities for it. If we have use of you for that, perhaps there may be a Silver Card heading your way.

It's not often the Commander replies to such a request directly, but considering the subject matter it's not surprising she did. Count your blessings, this the best reassurance you could have asked for!

Chujo Iemochi Feyani, Chair, Star Army Special Operations

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back