• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Sound Wave Gun

Kimura

Inactive Member
I remember seeing the blueprints for one for sale a long time ago on the internet, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Anyway, basically it emits a powerful wave of extremely low, extremely high, or alternatively low and high frequency which plays havoc with your ears and causes nausea or at least discomfort. Sound waves can be directed but not focused, so to use a very high setting would probably cause significant discomfort for the user as well, though the adversary would be the most affected. Also, the weapon would be harmless in a vacuum. I wrote in Bonichi's bio that he made such a device himself that he keeps around his wrist, and thought I should maybe mention it under this topic as well since everyone's fancy Nepleslian stuff seems to be described here ^.^'

Like this?

Quasi-linear air pressure oscillator/"Ultrasound gun"

Designer: some guy on the internet
Manufacturer: Bonichi Kimura (Basement project, potentially mass-produced)

Appearance:
1130103845355.gif

Information: Generates a sine or binary wave of sound, at an extremely low, high, or alternating frequency, and projects it straight forward. This causes moderate to extreme discomfort for anyone caught in the line of fire. Of course, sound propagates in all directions, so a high setting will cause some backfire. Especially effective against creatures vulnerable to sound. At high power settings may cause weak materials to resonate and break (ie wine glasses).
Alternative use: Can be set to a reasonably audible frequency for whatever reason.

Technical information: Has a bunch of switches and two dials (variable resistors). One switch alternates between a direct path and a small capacitor, for the binary/sine effect (sine sounds smoother/less piercing - better for crowd control). Another switch is between a frequency variation device and the first variable resistor, to switch between alternating frequencies and a constant one, which in turn will be determined by the frequency dial. The other dial simply controls power flow, and locks into place at '0'. Everything is powered by a civilian-issue rechargeable battery (it uses about as much power as a portable speaker, since that's basically what it is).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back