• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission Species awaiting approval

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't see any major issues with this one. I wish there was artwork though.

A minor issue that needs fixing is the lack of outbound links. Things like the UCS should be linked the first time they're mentioned.

3-day approval timer on this thread, assuming the link issue is addressed and no one objects.

Issue resolved. @Wes . I have linked the UCS. I didn't see any other areas that needed a link so I didn't link them but that doesn't mean it's 100%. If you wish to provide me a short list of what needs to be made into links I'll be happy to do so.

In general, anything that is a proper noun (e.g. Star Army of Yamatai, Delsaurians, Planet Yamatai) and/or has a wiki article (e.g. pizza, water, slavery) should be linked the first time it is mentioned.

One thing I feel should be pointed out is that the guide for creating a new species is quite specific about the three month time limit before creating new species. I felt that since there was an auto-approval put in place this would be the place to bring that up, so that we could get Wes' feelings on that.

That's true. We could simply hold approval until the 3 months is reached. Alternatively some other member could submit it on his behalf.

I was discussing the alternative with a friend of mine. I believe that's what we'll be doing. Content-wise, everything works though?

While this solution definitely abides by the literal wording of the guide, I worry that it might miss the intent.

No it isn't. Not at all.

Edit for clarification: I'm responding to DG's extremely untrue statement. Namely the three months. I didn't comment on whether it was fine or not, apologies.

Last edited:
Approval pending on August 4, 2019.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back