• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

speed limit?

Wv_Hawk_vW

Inactive Member
i just want to make sure im not shooting s**** up a steam pipe and steam down a toilet pipe here, but what's the fastest ship this RP has ever seen? and how fast (like 50 superlight, 100 superlight, 5 megalight etc)

assuming for a moment that my submitted ship for my character doesn't get accepted of course.

and imused to putting it in how many times the speed of light it is. 1 megalight is 1 million times the speed of light, for example. thats why im asking for a debate on what 1 megalight is in terms of C/

I found a few references for megalight

one uses it as distance, as in megalight years or 1,000,000 ly

In the Star Wars: Behind the Magic interactive CD-ROM, released in the Fall of 1998 by LucasArts, a 'vehicle speed comparison chart' shows the maximum sublight speeds of various spacecraft displayed in MGLT.

So it really does not fit in our scales. a speed in millions of light years is absurd. IRL the closest galaxy to ours is only 60,000 LY.

So stick with what we have on SARP.

megalight is on starwars? wow, that is a news flash, time to lose that term and go with something else.

i simply saw something somewhere about a certain dreadnought, being significantly faster than any other ship, going at "A terrifying speed of 100 megalight" a few paragraphs and 43 minutes game time later, and 6 dreadnoughts were stomping the enemy's royal ass into the ground. apparantly, they thought those dreadnoughts were just 10 or 20 light years away, and would never have suspected that the 'noughts sprinted across entire light centuries to defend the colony. sure, those were the only 6 dreaddnoughts that side used during the entire war (and it was in response to the other side using dreadnoughts of their own), but that single battle turned the tide of the war.

sorry, i got a little off topic. but still, im going to have to use some other figure to express enormous speed. ugh, screw that. you guys win.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back