• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Sprayable Clothing

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
We're starting to see the advent of spray-on clothing, which is starting to appear in fashion and soon, other applications. It's not just in Futurama.

"The fabric is formed by the cross-linking of fibers, much like felted wool, so no finishing is required." source and more video

awww.springwise.com_img_uploads_2013_11_fabrican2.png

After a person is finished wearing a spray-on garment, it can be recycled. This is done by shredding or cutting the garment into small pieces and dissolving it in a solution. Smaller pieces of fabric dissolve more easily than big ones do, and resemble tissue dissolving in water, Torres says. The propellant used to spray the fabric is the same substance as the solvent, which simplifies the recycling process because you don’t have to have another solution or solvent on hand, Luckham says.

The team is also developing spray-on, lightweight waterproof plaster casts and testing prototypes in partnership with U.K. military personnel who have lost limbs in combat. Commercialization of a final product is expected once testing has been completed. Spray-on bandages and other medical applications are also under development. An advantage of the spray-on fabric is that it's sterile when applied, which makes it attractive for emergency applications such as field dressings, Torres says.

Source
I think spray-on clothing should be a thing in SARPiverse. Hanako recently bought some on the dreamworld during the last Eucharis mission.

The only form of clothing it would make would be a form fitting garment with no seams.

The only form of clothing it would make would be a form fitting garment with no seams.
You can spray it on a form to make other shapes; a flared skirt was one example they gave on one of the articles.

That would be true, but I was talking about if you were to spray it on yourself in an emergency to make clothing.

So it occurs to me that spray-on clothing offers a way to dress Mishhuvurthyar and other oddly-shaped beings.

Maybe spray-on clothing would be good for providing clothes to prisoners of war. This would prevent you from having to store a bunch of sizes and shapes of clothing for various species.

Even more fun than spray-on clothing is spray-on clothing made up of tiny video screens that can be programmed to display colours and images. Your shower can automatically spray it on in the morning (and dissolve it at night) and you can spend the whole day walking around looking fabulous! Or making money from advertisements that you let everyone display on you...

Unfortunately, not very compatible with body hair. And probably a disaster with fur.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back