• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Squidspeak for Dummies?

alhazred23

Inactive Member
Is there a Mishhuvurthyar 'language pack' available for Neko direct download somewhere on the SAoY military network? As there will presumably be Mishhu floating around the conference venue, some securty staff might want to know what their honored guests are saying before they open fire... theoretically, anyway...

Though mishhuvurthyar name things as if they learned to speak from wet cardboard boxes, they are quite capable of making themselves understood when using telepathy.

Their telepathy tends to sound gratingly, unpleasantly loud.

Hmm... still, given their track record, and the fact that they may have a known, high-powered psionic in attendance, security teams might have a protocol to activate psionic interference devices in the event of an emergency, so it still might be useful to know...

I know the Star Army of Yamatai can translate the language the Mishhuvurthyar use. For example, they know that Xianthrafruglu - the moniker the SMX gunship type has - means 'Decapitator'.

Psionic Countermeasure may be used and will likely cause the inability to use telepathic speech for everyone around, not just the Mishhuvurthyar. On the other hand, Melisson does have a 'normal' mouth and has shown she is capable of speaking Nepleslian.

I was aware that computer-assisted translation existed; i was just curious if any attempt had been made to make it possible for soldiers to understand the Mishhu language without assistance. Given that Neko brains work a lot like computers anyhow (don't they run on Kessaku OS o_O;?), and the language center is probably the most organized, computer-like section of the brain to begin with, it would probably be trivial to 'teach' Nekos new languages through direct programming...

If wouldn't be surprising to me if something like this didn't exist, however, considering the background involved, the mutual animosity and the supposed reasons behind the Mishhu attacks...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back