• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SS Kiroshi [SS Kiroshi][JP]Evil Goo and Scanner Blips

Tsuki

Inactive Member
Tsuki clambered down the maintainence tunnel she had been trapped in for a while now. She would speak, but talking to herself wouldn't be much use. Finding another door, she begins to make a general racket, hoping Ray and Michio find her.
"You hear something Ray?" Michio asked, hearing some commotion.
"Ray? Michio? Anybody? I'm kinda trapped here!"
"Shh." Ray said, holding up a finger and looking about, zeroing in on the source of the sound. He started moving towards the sound, eventually comming to a hatch in the wall. "WHERE ARE YOU! KEEP MAKING NOISE," Ray shouted out as he started to open the hatch with a screwdriver that had been obtained from a nearby toolbox.
"Really? What are you doing in there?" Michio asked, quite happily.
"Jake? You still alive?"
"Michio, is that you?"
"I don't think Jake is with us is he?" Michio quiried Ray, "Yep, it's me."
"Thank god someone found me in here..."
"But what are you doing in there?"
Michio asked again.
Ray got the first screw out of the hatch and then started taking out the second.
"I was trying to repair the power, when the door locked behind me."
"I tried to get it open, but it was reinforced or something."
"That would be a good excuse I suppose." Michio mused, "Well Ray is using his technological genius to ah ... unscrew panels."
"Well, we will have you out of there in a moment. Just hold on Michio." Ray got off the second screw and slide the pannel out of its location against the wall. "You in there?" He asked as he stuck his head into the space inside of the wall.
"That doesn't take much genius. Hehe."
"Oh, hi Michio!" Tsuki looked releived.
"That did occur to me, yes." Michio responded.
"Just remember, Righty Tighty Lefty Loosey!" Ray said.
"Sure ... I'll remember that. Right." Michio responded slyly.
Ray held out his hand to help her get out of the spot in the wall.
"Oh, it's you Ray."
"I couldn't see clearly. It was kinda dark in there."
"Wow, you sound happy to see me." Ray said with a bit of a sigh.
"How could you convince my handsome face, with his? Well we are wearing EVA suits I suppose." Michio said.
Tsuki brushed some dirt off of her suit. "Yeah, I am."
Once she was out of the crawlspace Ray asked, "What do we do now?"
"Happy reuninos. Makes my heart bleed. That and being attacked by evil goo." Michio said.
"You're the captain, you tell us."
"I suppose evil goo would make one's heart bleed."
"No evil goo here, though. Where's that Bio-ship?"
"Well, now that we have decided the goo is evil lets get it off this ship... it got attached to our hull when we came back I am assuming." Ray said.
"Evil goo is attacking the ship actually. Doing a good job of it too from what I gather, eating power etc. etc." Michio replied.
"Got that imformation we gathered? I would hate to leave empty handed."
"I was over in my room when the power dropped."
"A could place to be." Michio said, "If you have anything valuable, I suggest you get in now."
"So how do we get rid of said goo?"
"And someone find Jake."
"By runnning away, and using SHOVEL!" Michio responded.
"SHOVEL?" Tsuki asked puzzledly.
"Well I wanted to use shovels to dig it off of the hull but one of us three didn't like that idea." Ray said with a sidelong glance at Michio.
"I dislike honest work." Michio shrugged.
"Well then get in the shuttle and drag the ship off to a drydock while we try and get power up and running." Ray said.
"I dislike being trapped in a maintainence tunnel for 6 or 7 hours. Now what?"
"I swear powers only been of for ten minutes tops. Maybe twenty. Strange what a tunnel does to you." Michio smirked.
"Especially one that happens to be dark and cramped." Tsuki said.
"Am I meant to be towing the ship?" Michio queried.
Tsuki looked around the ship, then at Ray, then Michio.
Michio waved.
Tsuki decided to wave back.
Ray waited for the conversation to come to an end then spoke up again. "Yes Michio. Tsuki and I have the best chance of getting the power started up again and you can pilot the shuttle..." Ray looked at the hole in the wall from earlyer, "Well... sorta... try not to break anything more?"
"Well I can't promise anything." Michio said thoughtfully, "I do have a talent in it." He headed off to check over the shuttle.
Ray looked over Tsuki for a moment to make sure she didn't have any cuts or scrapes that needed to be looked after. "Well lets get going then. We should probably head to the power core and see what is stopping it from functioning." Ray said to Tsuki.
"I'd assume so," Tsuki said, "Can't really do a lot without power."
Michio began to start up procedures, this time making sure he wasn't going to smash into the wall, "So I'll just be going out and somehow linking a tether to the ship? Does this shuttle even have something suitable?"
"Michio, get in touch via radio if you need some help." Ray sent over the radio before looking back at Tsuki. "Perhaps we should find you a space suit while we are at it?"
Tsuki replied, "I suppose."
Michio wanted to wait untill they left before blasting through the wall of goo that was keeping the atmosphere in "Don't forget Jakey boy."
Tsuki glanced at the hole in the wall, "What did Michio do to the wall, anyway?"
Ray led Tsuki out of the shuttlebay and when they were both out he closed the bulkheads that led into the damaged coridor and shuttlebay. "He tried to fly the shuttle." Ray said as he looked down the hallway, "Now... engineering should be this way I think..."
"Don't you think we should find Jake first?" Tsuki said.
"Blast off!" Michio said, engaging the engines, in the intent to blast through the wall of goo into space. He hoped someone had secured the atmosphere inside.
"Sure, actually I think we should get you into an EVA suit just in case Michio tries some more creative flying again." Ray said.
"He should be in his quarters or with the mecha."
"Well, he wasn't with the mecha in the storage area next to the launch bay so he should be in his room then... care to lead on?" Ray asked.
The shuttle begins to lift off, heading for the wall of goo. However, it won't fly forward for some reason.
Warning lights flash on various panels, and the shuttle slams into the round with a dull thud.
ground^
"Bloody hell!" Michio yelled, "What is wrong with this shuttle!?!" He decided that yelling wasn't a great idea, and so went to check what was wrong, going to open the panel on the shuttle.
Only one light remains on.
Engine Failure
"Bloody hell!" He yelled again, Slamming his hand trying to open the doors. He haited engine failure.
The doors opened to reveal that a small amount of the evil goo had gotten into the electrical systems and cut the power to the forward engines. The goo was now eating away at the vertical thruster power, too.
Meanwhile, Tsuki rushes off to the nearest emergency EVA suits and begins to put one on.
Michio swore a lot more, and tried hitting the goo with a metalic piece of debris in a remotely stick like form.
The goo was off the vertical thruster power lines, but was now in the shuttle cabin.
Ray offered to help her into the suit, gently putting his hands on her side as he zipped up the suit in the back and handed her a helmit to put on.
"Gahhh!" Michio retrieved the plasma torch, and began using it on the goo, hoping it would, as in the past, have a noticable effect.
"Thank you, Ray." Tsuki put on the helmet and went off in the direction of Jake's quarters.
Ray followed her, "don't mention it," he said with a smile though the clear visior of his suit as they went looking for Jake.
The goo withdrwas from the cabin and begins to die.
"Ah ha!" Michio cried, and chased it, treating all the goo he could find on the shuttle to the plasma torch treatment.
The goo had been eliminated, that just left the damaged power lines.
"Damaged power lines! Damn!" Michio went to search for some repair kit in the shuttle, hoping to apply his limited repaired talents to the ship.
"I'm a weapons engineer, not a ships one." He muttered.
Tsuki reaches the door to Jake's quarters. It's covered in tough goo.
"JAKE!" Ray yelled out, trying to get the sound through to the other side of the doorway.
Michio managed to find an extremely helpfull kit in the shuttle, and going outside actually did a decent job on the wires. Despite his protests to anyone that would listen, he actually was quite a decent engineer when it came down to it. Going back into the shuttle, he checked if the systems where working now.
The Engine Failure light had turned off.
Most of the shuttle seemed functional, but not everything is as it seems.
"Yay!" Michio yelled, activating the engine, and again trying to go through the goo wall, having a mildly bad feeling about it.
"No on seems to be answering... maybe Jake is elsewhere?" Ray asked.
"Nah, he's not really a ship-exploring dude." Tsuki turned her attention to how to get through the goo.
Ray took the screwdriver he still had on him and tried to use it to scrape the goo off of the door handle and henges so it would open.
The shuttle plows through the wall effortlessly, like a knife through butter.
However, the wall was rthicker than expected, and the shuttle slowed down.
It came to a complete stop somewhere in the middle of the stuff.
"Ya hoo!" Michio yelled in traditional style, as he soon entered the wall, which then decreased to, "Ya hoo?" and further on, "Oh dear god." He tried to chanell more energy into the engine.
He also put full strength on the shields, hoping to 'grease' the way.
The shields pushed the goo away, and the shuttle began to slowly move again.
"Come on baby, you can do it." Michio tapped the headboard, and encouraged the shuttle.
the shuttle finally managed to make it through the gooey wall, but theshields were somewaht weakened in the end.
"Wa hoo?" Michio said tentatively, and went to look for some way to find some way to tether the ship to the shuttle.
It just so happened that the SS. Kiroshi had an emergency tether next to the shuttle bay.
Meanwhile, Ray managed to get the door open, and found, to his astonishment, Jake, covered in semi-transparent goo, looking as injured and devoured as ever.
"How wonderfully conveniant." Michio was of course, instantly suspicious. He kept his eyes on the goo, and all around him in general. He opened the back door, to make an EVA expidition to get to the tether.
"....Ew." Ray said as he looked at Jake, trying to see if he was already dead or could be saved.
"Oh... My... God..." Tsuki would have turned around and vomited had it not been that she was wearing an EVA suit and vomiting would not be a good idea, not to mention hard to clean off the inside of her helmet.
Jake looked as if he was breathing. Apparently, the goo was smart enough, if you could call it "smart," that it only slowly drained it's victim's life force, without killing it.
Michio lept off the end of the shuttle, targeting himself to land by the tether.
"Come on, lets get this stuff off him." Ray said as he looked around for something to use to scrape off the goo. He settled on a lamp which had previously been pluged in and started scraping what he could off of Jake.
Tsuki grabbed a small, unidentifiable gadget and began to scrape away at the goo as well.
Michio lands, a few inches away from the tether. The tether box is securely closed.
Michio landed well, and went to check on the tether box, evaluating the locking mechanism.
The tether lock was one of those old-fashioned tumbler locks that people used even in the 20th century and before that. It was a wonder the thing sttill worked. Easy enough to pick.
Michio looked at it in disgust. He'd been picking locks for the best part of his life, and this was no problem. This time however he didn't have tools on him, and the EVA suit prevented fine manipulation, like that which is needed for lock picking. Instead he just took his plasma pistol from its holster and shot it.
The lock floated off into space, and the door swung open with ease, revealing the tehter.
"Intresting, intresting." Michio looked at the tether with a vapid look. He wondered if there where instructions, se he had no idea what do with it.
This particular tether was composed of small metal sections strung together in chain-like fashion, with a strong electromagnet at the end which could be attached to a metsal panel.
"Intresting, Intresting." Michio poked it for a bit, before taking it out, and looking around for the best place to attach the tether, for allowing the shuttle to tow it.
Michio shrugged, and simply attached the tether to a spot near the tether box, before jumping with the tether to the shuttle, and attaching it to the main shuttle frame.
Reasonably pleased with his work, he began to search the whole of the shuttle for goo again.
No goo was found. Michio probably got it all with his torch treatment.
Michio thought this was going a little too easily, and began to look for anything that could concievably be wrong. Be it the electronics or the engines, he looked it over.
Other than a blown fuse for the backup engine, nothing was abnormal about the systems.
"A blown fuse eh? I won't have a blown fuse on my ship!" Michio stated, ridicuously. He then wented to look for that repair kit for a blown fuse.
A spare fuse was found next to the place that he found his first repair kit. However, it was a size too small.
"Too small? Damn." Michio muttered, and tried to create an improvised system for the fuse to fit in, and with wires from the set, make do with a smaller fuse.
Thje jerry-rigged fuse fits, and the backup engine is once again online.
Michio tried to communicate with Ray, using the suits inbuilt communication devices, "Ray, I think I've got the tether rigged, tell me when and where you want me to start pulling."
"There should be an inhabited planet nearby with a small outpost in orbit. Start pulling us towards that when you get it on your scanner. Bring us into orbit around the planet if you can I really don't want to burn up when we hit the atmosphere." Ray said as he tried to scrape more goo off of Jake. When he had cleared the man's arm he started pulling him out of the room.
"Righty ho." Michio muttred, and engaged the sensors looking for this planet.
Bebeep! A small to medium planet-sized blip appears.
"Ray, why are right? Why do you always have a 50% chance of being right?" Michio muttred, making sure that he wasn't transmitting. He carefully turned on the engines, heading towards the blip.
When Michio approached the blip, however, it strangely disappeared.
"How very strange." He muttered again, scanning again.
Once again, the blip appears on scanners.
Michio sighed, and headed towards it.
The blip bvanished one again as Michio approached it.
"Blip, you are gaining my eternal resentment." He warned it. Once more he scanned for the planet.
The planet appears, once again, on scanner.
Michio headed towards it. Not expecting much, "What is going to happen to you mister Blip, if you disapear, isn't nice."
The blip stays put.
"More intresting." Michio aproached, and pulled up the image on the viewscreen.
The blip vanishes only 10 seconds afterwards.
The viewscreen is only static now.
It flashes, Object does not exist!
Michio quite calmly began kicking the headboard, and then sighed, and looked around the computer systems for anything wrong, opening panels and looking for something wrong.
Nothing is wrong, apparently.
This blip does not want to be approached, and it is telling him so in a very annoying manner.
"Right. We have an unfreindly blip." Michio opened up communications with Ray, "Ray, we have a blip that is running away, as in disapearing and reapearing in another place."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back