• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[SSS] - Payscale and rank pins

Pay scale seems fine, but the rank images are a little confusing. Don't you think they'd be difficult to recognize?

Why not something like this?

* = Base Color
# = Gold

Red (Enlisted)

GS1: ****
GS2: #***
GS3: *#**
GS4: **#*
GS5: ***#

Black (Leadership)

GS6: ****
GS7: #***
GS8: *#**
GS9: **#*
GS10: ***#

Gold (Command)

GS11: ****
GS12: #***
GS13: *#**
GS14: **#*
GS15: ***#

I'll think about that.

Going with the science theme. The current images are using a binary system. They are binary 0 through 15.

Ah, I totally missed that! They make more sense to me now.

I think I prefer to stay with the rank pins as I have them. It goes with the Science theme, and truly aren't anymore confusing than any of the other rank insignia both in the real world and the SARP.

I still love your submissions, good formatting and pleasing to the eyes.

Though the thing that jumps out at me about this is a lower ranked dood can flip his rank pin over and look like a higher ranked dood.
IE:
##-- would become --##

Might be a neat defect to include. A simple fix would be to make the white background bit slightly triangular or to add a slight color difference to one of the bits.

Might I suggest including some kind of bar beneath the main body of the pin so that people know which side is the bottom?

Also, love the binary.

Thanks,

Yeah, they could. But that wouldn't really get them anything.

The SSS is a civilian organization. Outside of the organization, the GS rating doesn't carry any real clout, its the person's actually job that determines how people would respond to them.

For example most people wouldn't care about a person being a GS-9, but being the commander of a starship they would.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back