• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[SSS] - Tanken Uniform

I'm not sure having starship armor woven into it is a feasible idea...and since you listed its Damage Capacity as only 1 SP (the same as a leather jacket), it's pointless anyway.

I also have comments on the appearance:

* Why brown, and not green? (Just wondering)
* Is the belt buckle deliberately off center?
* The uniform looks very much like one from Star Trek.

uniforms_11.gif
ai288.photobucket.com_albums_ll195_nh_29_sss_uniform_sm.png

Went with brown, because green tends to be used by military organizations.

As for the fiber layer, my thought was that it would be a thin layer of durandium wire woven, so I guess I can change that to a some sort of polymer

As for the similiarity to Star Trek, I noticed that. I want the padding in the shoulder area, because that is where the yet to be designed armor would sit. I'll have to see what I can do to alter the visual look.

The belt buckle, that's just an error

What about having the padding built into a nifty travel vest? The vest could hold emergency ration pills, a data pad, and other small essentials in the front pockets.

The vest idea sounds good, I'm redoing the image in a lighter shade of brown, and have removed the padding. But the vest won't work for the security folks as it would interfer with the Tanken armor.

Now I have to see about finding a vest on the site or creating one.

Nashoba.

Ok, I have redone the images, changing to a different shade of brown.
I also updated the fabric description. I'm not worrying about the padding as I will include that in the armor.

Nashoba

Looks good. But if you're using Para-Aramids, don't you think it'd be a little more protective? This is the same Catagory as Kevlar after all.

It is because of how thin the layer is, I intentionally kept the Uniform's DR rating low.

Its basically good enough to protect the wearer against knives and claws. The things that the expedition members can expect to encounter while exploring worlds and sites.

To make it able to stop bullets and the like the material would have to be much thicker. Since this is the standard uniform for all SSS personnel, making the suits thick enough to stop bullets is not necessary.

Mmm I see. Well. With SP1 it'd still have a chance to stop a low caliber bullet. Which is a good thing since you'd have like, 50/50 odds. Maybe less. Chancey. :)

As thin as it is, even if it kept the bullet from penetrating you would probably still looking at bruising and possible broken bones.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back