• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Standard Starship Cargo Containers Tweak

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Hi all,

Like to put forward the idea of Small and Medium being collapsable when empty.

I'd also like the writer of the article to come forward and describe what they look like. Since they're very simple things, modeling one in 3D would be a snap.

I believe Wes is the author and primary proponent of the storage containers. I'm pretty sure they're just big rectangular things, like the ones we have today on those giant boats.

I also must say that having the things be collapsible is a pretty good idea. Would certainly save some space.

How about adding this:
Collapsible versions of the standard containers have become increasingly common as of late. These SSCCs fold almost flat, for easy storage of empty containers.
?

Would save on space, although I've imagined a few different ways it could be done... I don't know if they are anything like Osa may have in mind but,

Foldable versions that 'snap' into place and that are on hinges.

Slideables. Basically you just pull them up to form the container...I know there are IRL instances of cups and so on being like that.

Or you could simply make them piece by piece. About...oh say for a round-ish container you'd need three pieces total. Two for the main portions, and one for the lid. Clasps to hold them together, or some sort of fancy locking mechanism.

It you wanted to be fancy, you could probably have autonanolathing containers that could be packed away as small cubes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back